Indian Institute of Technology

Indian Institute of Technology Employee Reviews for Research Assistant

Research Assistant36 reviews
India36 reviews
Summarised research on homomorphic cryptography on over 5 research papers. Developed and implemented a fully homomorphic encryption system using unsupervised machine learning. Developed and implemented a fully homomorphic encryption system using the k-means algorithm. Which can be used to predict advertisements while protecting private information about the user. Implemented Stabilised K-Means to improve the speed by 10-15%, when compared with the time of normal k-means on three different datasets. Performed three different versions of k-means and cataloged their time and accuracy.
i have nice experience and different learning about everything including my life and how to handle different kind of peope. the decision making skills were improved and the life changing experience for me while working there
I am fortunate to work at the Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur. The campus environment is very relaxing and the departments are calm collaborative and energetic. I got the opportunity to learn many technologies by doing interesting projects. I am positive that my experiences will help me to strengthen my future career.
Here I got a chance to come out of my shell and do the things i only imagined, which includes extensive travelling to the unknown places and interacting with the locals and knowing about the minute details about their culture.
Great experience being at the company. Was an enriching experience as you get to meet new people. Great management and efforts by the supervisors and seniors.
It was a competitive place to work. The research experience you get is very helpful in your future endeavors. It is India's premier engineering institute.
Researchers usually work on the state of the papers and implement them and publish papers In Cs, courses are awesome and very detailed oriented curriculum
The institute is extremely inclusive in its work ethics and respects difference in opinions. Further, liberty is given to scholars and students to voice their opinions and pursue their individual research interests.
Amazing work culture where one gets to learn about the latest technology and also develop an intuition to come up with new ideas for research with help available from everyone
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Indian Institute of Technology?
Hectic work teaches a lot. Less inputs from peers and seniors. Excellent equipments. Would be difficult to innovate much. It completely rests on your shoulders to figure out how to get your prototype ready.
Pros
Free parties
Cons
A typical day at work involved working in my lab and helping my peers and students enrolled in the Digital Signal Processing Laboratory (graduate and undergraduate).
I was a junior research fellow at IIT Guwahati. Good place to learn new things and get a head start to a career in research. Overall an enjoyable experience.
In iit bombay I learn how to fabricate the thin film transistors and analysis of tft. It is a wonderful time I spent in iit bombay.The hardest part is to fabricate the transistors.
Got to learn a lot. Worked with phds and researchers. Accommodation was not good. Facilities were excellent. Good atmosphere to learn. Good compensation.
Had a nice experience interning in one of the best labs in the country.Had great interaction with lab members and learnt a lot from the professor. Student friendly environment.
Pros
Lab facilities are good
Cons
Need to be fast paced
Being one of the elite institutions in India, IITB is worth every shot. You are surrounded by extremely talented people who are always eager to help you.
IIT Kharagpur is a good place for a job as well as multidisciplinary research. It is a student friendly institute. Professors and staffs are highly supportive and highly cooperative.
There's usually many things to do, but it's great to work in the quiet of the night. The infrastructure is amazing and well worth anything else. Professors are also extremely competent.
IIT Bombay is the epitome of how a tech. college should be. Not only it has technical schools but also has school of design and school of management.
A typical day at work - work, fun What have I learned? - how to do research in the social sector Co-workers -wonderful Most enjoyable part of the job. - field work - parties at the supervisor's place
This is no company but my undergrad college. I did my engineering here, and graduated in 2008. I've been working ever since in the area of formal verification.