Indian Institute of Technology

Indian Institute of Technology Employee Reviews in Roorkee, Uttarakhand

Roorkee, Uttarakhand32 reviews
IITs are global academic institutes with wide range of international collaborations. They provide the very platform to interact and work with the world.
Worked as a data science researcher at IIT, Roorkee. The work was highly sophisticated and challenging. Got very intricate details of how machine learning can transform lives.
just recognition by giving me opportunity to be the part of diverse environment.
i am not employee there being an student I got chance to be the part of three amazing and renowned IIT fest .

fest gave me chance to meet people with different background, different mindset n many More.
Worked as a intern. Terrible place to work at, good opportunities though. The professor I worked under was also the head of the departmennt and was alwasy caught up with administrative activites and barely had any time to allocate to the the lab and thus no growth at all. You are left there to figure everything out and work solo.
it is one of the best research institute in India. it has a green campus, with very beautiful gardens and sports clubs. It also has the hospital inside the campus, which is fully free for the students.
IIT Roorkee is very old institute and almost everyone knows about it.
I am doing my Ph.D mathematics here.

It is a very good place for research all the professors are very experienced.
Pros
All the facility provided are awesome.
Cons
None.
It is a great place to learn with some superb brain of India. High quality of teaching and research work is performed. Great dedication towards the work.
Pros
Liberty to work any time
great place to learn and work. Great faculty to work with who are always ready to help and support. labs are well equipped and have all facility at school.
I worked with a professor and his team and it was really exciting. But few days turnout to be tougher and the day turns hectic.Overall its a great experience to work there.
I am passionate about learning new things which aspired me to do research in one of the prestigious institute in India. Fracture and fatigue of materials is my current research focus in a vision to become a failure (stress) analyst and mission to serve for the world.
a typical day involves long lecture what learned about the contamination in groundwater. proper management options for the process of remedition. enjoyable part are the exams
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long hors
Place is really nice to work in schedule. There was progressive agendas to keep up with. There was regular work assessment program. Reporting about the work progrees on daily basis kept me active all the time. But, the result makes it worthwhile.
Pros
Innovation and challanging work
Cons
Low salary
i was official photographer of thomso 16 by IIT roorkee.
was amazing , fantastic work.

i covered hole event.

was india's biggest fest.
Pros
free food, travel, accomodation
IIT Roorkee is my college. The mentioned work experience is the experience of my college project, which I finished under the guidance of my professor.
Pros
The company is growing rapidly, hiring rate is also good so one can enter this sector through this company, discipline.

Cons

Over disciplined like u can't even stand in groups near coffee machine, thus reducing work efficiency, quality of work could be challenged.

Advice to Management

Improve quality of work, work environment shall be one that gives best output from delhi office not one that is from company's country of origin.
Place of opportunities to learn new things and explore new dimension technology and it's use. A beautiful environment to live in.
Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee (commonly known as IIT Roorkee or IITR), formerly the University of Roorkee (1948–2001) and the Thomason College of Civil Engineering (1853–1948), is a public university located in Roorkee, Uttarakhand, India. Established in 1847 in British India by the then lieutenant governor, Sir James Thomason, it was given university status in 1949 and was converted into an Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) in 2001, thus becoming the seventh IIT to be declared.
Its a fantastic place to work
Pros
Cons
healthcare
Typical work day would be filled with academic classes and then followed by laboratory work.

Fun evenings with friends.
Working as research scholar I learned a lot from here. You have freedom to explore anything you want. Independent working culture but a lot of discussions by mentor is plus.
Nice institute and continues learning in that institute. All facilities we have like hospitality and TA. Colleagues also nice.
Personal and Academic growth. Excellent infrastructure. Opportunities to learn.