Indian Institute of Technology Employee Reviews in Kharagpur, West Bengal

Very Nice
Summer Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Kharagpur, West BengalJanuary 15, 2019
The best part of the internship was the learning experience. You get to learn a lot of new stuff and you can explore your options. You have to do everything yourself which is both a good and a bad thing.
Productive and can learn a lot.
Internship (Former Employee) –  Kharagpur, West BengalSeptember 10, 2018
During internship the top focus would be completion of project given to you in the specified time. All hardware and software requirements would be met by the institute.
Learning Environment
M.Tech Student (Former Employee) –  Kharagpur, West BengalApril 18, 2018
learning environment with fantastic scope for innovative technological ideas and implementing them in a conducive environment. reserch oriented approach and high level of technical involvement and learning.
Competitive work culture at IIT kGP
Senior Research Fellow (SRF) (Former Employee) –  Kharagpur, West BengalMarch 30, 2018
Without work, there is nothing inside or around the campus except the campus life. Numbers of food stores in and around the campus, that the other thing you can enjoy. Have to work hard everyday. Few guides are extremely well behaving and few are worst. Before joining, ensure your preference.
Great place for learning
Senior Research Fellow (SRF) (Current Employee) –  Kharagpur, West BengalMarch 20, 2018
Its a great place and Life is great. The ambience is great. the classes are really enjoyable and deeply oriented towards learning. Other amenities are ok and sports is good
Note worth the trouble
Student Teacher (Former Employee) –  Kharagpur, West BengalFebruary 5, 2018
There are better ways to make career than to waste one's life in this place. Don't be fooled by a handful of examples, the crowd inside is much more than that. The % ratio of such examples is below 2% of total strength. But, still they manipulate and boast it as groundbreaking success.
Pros
Govt. Institute, age old tag
Cons
nothing as expected, just hollow shell
Excellent learning centre
Research Scholar (Former Employee) –  Kharagpur, West BengalFebruary 1, 2018
Excellent academic culture with great opportunity to expand research aptitude and productivity. Good place to practice time management, punctuality and systematic work.
Pros
Professional freedom
Cons
limited personal life
Best Institution in India
Post-PHD experience (Current Employee) –  Kharagpur, West BengalJanuary 1, 2018
IIT Kharagpur is the best institution in India. Sci. depts (Chem, Math, Phys) and also eng. depts are well organized for teaching as well as research.
Pros
Good Infrastructure, Good canteens, library, large campus, etc.
Cons
Placements
Required good laboratory culture
Research Scholar (Former Employee) –  Kharagpur, West BengalAugust 8, 2017
I have gathered knowledge from my previous laboratory on different site of organic chemistry and want to explore my work into practical world especially on green chemistry.
Awesome Insti
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kharagpur, West BengalJuly 22, 2017
Best place to learn in India.
Least pressure so that work can be done efficiently.
Nice Work/Life Balance.
Workplace culture is awesome.

Hardest part: During End sems.
Excellent working environment
Senior Research Fellow (Current Employee) –  Kharagpur, West BengalJuly 4, 2017
Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur is one of the most pioneer technology university of India. It has its own identity and it gives the students best facility to make them enriched by knowledge and discipline.
Nice People with bunch of Ideas
Master Student (Former Employee) –  KhargpurJune 5, 2017
It was delighted to be there in IIT as a Master student. IIT s are like collection of young minds doing there research and other academic stuffs. I have enjoyed a lot during the second year of M.tech in fact it was a complete on year research project. I came across with many people in various disciplinary to solve the research problems and all. Along with that we enjoyed the campus having night outs with friends
Freedom with learning
Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kharagpur, West BengalMay 31, 2017
The basic work was to Short out the problems related to the rural peoples based on small scale industries and NGOs. Which includes Management of the technical workers for the technology upgradation and testing on machines. The hardest part of the job was communication to the local workers due to language difference.
There is nothing so hard and every thing is enjoyable as we goes to different NGOs and collect information regarding the problems which arises in the machine according to that modification is done.
Pros
free lunch, free travling, less working hours
Cons
Less intraction with the higher level peoples
Good
Research Intern (Current Employee) –  Kharagpur, West BengalMay 31, 2017
As a intern I can say that the equipment in the department is very good and the guidance from the processor is also good therefore which makes me to work properly with them
IIT Kharagpur is a great place to acquire knowledge
Research Scholar (Current Employee) –  Kharagpur, West BengalMay 12, 2017
IIT Kharagpur is one of the most esteemed educational institutes in India. It provides you access to infinite knowledge through the elite professors, the library, free WIFI etc.
Pros
Free WIFI and a good digital library
Cons
The environment is a little secluded
Filled with Intellectual people
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kharagpur, West BengalMay 6, 2017
Had a nice experience interning in one of the best labs in the country.Had great interaction with lab members and learnt a lot from the professor. Student friendly environment.
Pros
Lab facilities are good
Cons
Need to be fast paced
All good
Project scholer (Former Employee) –  Kharagpur, West BengalMay 3, 2017
Well. the institution where I worked for six months is dream for each and every Engineer. I'm also doing well but not clear that exam which is most important part for the extended of my work with dream institution.
Pros
Awsm environment
Research Scholar (Former Employee) –  Kharagpur, West BengalMay 2, 2017
It helped me grow. I gave me the freedom of doing what I wanted. It helped me recognize what I am best at. It was supportive enough to look for new opportunities.
Great place to learn and work
Research Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kharagpur, West BengalApril 11, 2017
India's first and largest IIT. Clean and green campus. Wonderful people. Great place to learn and live. Great facilities for sports and fitness. Self contained campus People are in general helpful and understanding.
Pros
Big and Green campus.
Fun & Challenging
Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kharagpur, West BengalMarch 9, 2017
Lot of challenges if you are working here. But the Team I have worked with was very good &learned a lot from my team mates. There is no work- life balance.