Indian Institute of Technology

Indian Institute of Technology Employee Reviews in Guwahati, Assam

Guwahati, Assam45 reviews
Currently Working on a Project in Python for Data Science and Artificial Intelligence. We are Responsible for Analyzing US Economic Data and Building a Dashboard using Peer Graded Assignments.
Good health benefits -Friendly and helpful employees/management -Slow paced field training with other techs. Beautiful city to enjoy and fairly well professors.
One of the most beautiful campus I have ever visited. A campus with all the requirements in place. People are very cultured and welcomed. Have a true international and multi-cultural vibes.
Pros
scenic beauty everywhere
Cons
remote place
I worked their for 5 months and from the very first day till the end date it doesn't seems like I am new to them, all the people and professors were very helpful and kind to me. I learned isolation, expression and purification of protein their and Cell culturing too.
It's a great place to learn and acquire knowledge. If studied well, one can also get a very decent placement in top MNC. It also teaches u about life in general.
Life is monotonous. A well balanced life and less expenses and cool environment around. The landscape and the fresh air will rejuvenate you after days work.
Pursued my Masters in Chemical engineering with a specialization in Petroleum Science and Technology from IIT Guwahati. Simultaneously while pursuing the masters was also fortunate to have the Teaching experience as well. Overall it has been an amazing and an experience of a lifetime for me.
Quality of professors differ from department to department most professors in Physics were okay, some of them were extremely demotivating and dissatisfied with their jobs
Worked in the Electric Mobility Laboratory on the project of Induction Motor Designing for Electric
Vehicle application based on the drive cycle characteristics of extreme geographical conditions

Calculated and optimized the motor parameters to improve the efficiency, power factor and power

density of induction motor using ANSYS Maxwell software and got satisfactory results
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Indian Institute of Technology?
It's a very fun place where you would get to learn a lot during summer Internship. The environment that would be provided to you would be very Competitive.
good experience at the Lab. Research work was pretty hectic and great Professor. Would love to work again and gain more experience. Thanks a lot for this
We can learn a lot. It has a lot of facilities in-house. Experienced professional would guide you. Research work and its outcome will be excellent. Nice place to stay
Gate qualified students are capable of earning a monthly stipend of Rs.12400/- per month.

One of the best and cleanest institutions in India and enhancing a lot of students to achieve their goals.
great place to work at. Good people work here. People work here and care about their work which instills growth through their hard work. great canteens around.
Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati is a public institution established by the Government of India, located in Guwahati, in the state of Assam in India. It is the sixth Indian Institute of Technology established in India. The Department of Mathematics at IIT Guwahati, since its very inception in 1995, has strived to be a center of excellence in mathematics and computing, and it has been vigorously engaged in research, teaching, and training.
Pros
Good Environment
Cons
Good experience as the equipments are of superior quality. The professors and Ph.D scholars are very friendly and supportive. In a nutshell, a good place to see the ongoing research taking place.
Pros
Good quality cheap food and very good accomodation
Cons
I was a junior research fellow at IIT Guwahati. Good place to learn new things and get a head start to a career in research. Overall an enjoyable experience.
Its good to work here, but i need more , so that i keep on learning,i have learned management , marketing, team work , play with work etc.. There is no hard part in doing a job till somebody is putting a gun on my head to finish a particular job within a timeline. I mostly enjoy doing work if there is space for creativity and their are no restrictions. And i love to be the team leader of the team i am working with.
The work place was very inclusive and the colleagues were very friendly. Infrastructure and perks were not very good. But those were compensated in terms of good academic atmosphere.
Cons
sabbatical rules were very fuzzy
Its a institute under central govt, so one gets a lot of facilities. Your working environment will depend on your pers, your guide/boss and your situation, so nothing can be concluded specifically.
it was a great experience to work in IIT Guwahati as a Junior Reseach fellow. it's not a routine everyday job, as we have to deal with new challenges every now and then. we will come to know, how will the real life working culture and activities in organizations be. Apart from job and professional, there is plenty to learn in our life such as Sociaeconomical values. I can say that it is my best platform where I explored.