Indian Institute of Technology Employee Reviews in Guwahati, Assam

Productive and organized
Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Guwahati, AssamSeptember 25, 2019
Worked in the Electric Mobility Laboratory on the project of Induction Motor Designing for Electric
Vehicle application based on the drive cycle characteristics of extreme geographical conditions
Calculated and optimized the motor parameters to improve the efficiency, power factor and power
density of induction motor using ANSYS Maxwell software and got satisfactory results
Good place
Intern (Former Employee) –  Guwahati, AssamSeptember 9, 2019
It's a very fun place where you would get to learn a lot during summer Internship. The environment that would be provided to you would be very Competitive.
good
Researcher - Interaction Design (Former Employee) –  Guwahati, AssamAugust 24, 2019
good experience at the Lab. Research work was pretty hectic and great Professor. Would love to work again and gain more experience. Thanks a lot for this
Its an National Institution.
Research Fellow (Former Employee) –  Guwahati, AssamAugust 18, 2019
We can learn a lot. It has a lot of facilities in-house. Experienced professional would guide you. Research work and its outcome will be excellent. Nice place to stay
Heavenly place
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Guwahati, AssamJuly 15, 2019
Gate qualified students are capable of earning a monthly stipend of Rs.12400/- per month.

One of the best and cleanest institutions in India and enhancing a lot of students to achieve their goals.
amazing
Summer Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Guwahati, AssamApril 17, 2019
great place to work at. Good people work here. People work here and care about their work which instills growth through their hard work. great canteens around.
Student Intern
Student Internship (Former Employee) –  Guwahati, AssamOctober 6, 2018
Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati is a public institution established by the Government of India, located in Guwahati, in the state of Assam in India. It is the sixth Indian Institute of Technology established in India. The Department of Mathematics at IIT Guwahati, since its very inception in 1995, has strived to be a center of excellence in mathematics and computing, and it has been vigorously engaged in research, teaching, and training.
Pros
Good Environment
Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Guwahati, AssamDecember 11, 2017
Good experience as the equipments are of superior quality. The professors and Ph.D scholars are very friendly and supportive. In a nutshell, a good place to see the ongoing research taking place.
Pros
Good quality cheap food and very good accomodation
Junior research fellow
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Guwahati, AssamOctober 8, 2017
I was a junior research fellow at IIT Guwahati. Good place to learn new things and get a head start to a career in research. Overall an enjoyable experience.
learning
markiting executive, city reprentative (Current Employee) –  iit guwahatiSeptember 9, 2017
Its good to work here, but i need more , so that i keep on learning,i have learned management , marketing, team work , play with work etc.. There is no hard part in doing a job till somebody is putting a gun on my head to finish a particular job within a timeline. I mostly enjoy doing work if there is space for creativity and their are no restrictions. And i love to be the team leader of the team i am working with.
A good early career place
Assistant professor (Former Employee) –  Guwahati, AssamJuly 6, 2017
The work place was very inclusive and the colleagues were very friendly. Infrastructure and perks were not very good. But those were compensated in terms of good academic atmosphere.
Cons
sabbatical rules were very fuzzy
depends on the person working there
Research Scholar (Former Employee) –  Guwahati, AssamMay 14, 2017
Its a institute under central govt, so one gets a lot of facilities. Your working environment will depend on your pers, your guide/boss and your situation, so nothing can be concluded specifically.
Research and Industrial experience
Junior Research Fellow (JRF) (Former Employee) –  Guwahati, AssamMay 5, 2017
it was a great experience to work in IIT Guwahati as a Junior Reseach fellow. it's not a routine everyday job, as we have to deal with new challenges every now and then. we will come to know, how will the real life working culture and activities in organizations be. Apart from job and professional, there is plenty to learn in our life such as Sociaeconomical values. I can say that it is my best platform where I explored.
Average place to work
Junior Research Fellow (Former Employee) –  Guwahati, AssamFebruary 25, 2017
Very laid back work culture. It has a very beautiful campus. Weather is very good. Officials are not very helpful. The campus is maintained well. Salary credited regularly.
Very good Work place
Summer Internship Program (Former Employee) –  Amingaon,Guwahati AssamJanuary 15, 2017
IIT Guwahati is the one of the prestigious college of National Imortance.
There are very good work environment for research work and study.
I got a lot of experience after completing my internship there.
Pros
Free lunch, hostel, internet, train fare for interns.
Cons
A very new place for newcomers, language problem in market area
informative and reliable
inturn (Former Employee) –  Guwahati, AssamJanuary 4, 2017
Did my inturnship , to extract Bvalues from the protein data bank .

all my seniors were cooperative. i learnt python programming from basics and my senior helped me to learn the language which was required for my inturnship project,...

i enjoyed learning new computer languages as i am not basically from a computer background and each and every day was worth attending as i came up with new experiences and subject goals.
Pros
helpful seniors
Cons
toughness of the project
Na
Teaching-Assistant (Former Employee) –  Guwahati, AssamDecember 20, 2016
Great time in my life, I mean got to learn more on the subject of my interest. Got a chance to teach undergraduate students and in turn I added up myself with different skills in the process of teaching them.
Learning with lots of fun
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Guwahati, AssamDecember 20, 2016
A typical day at work
- work, fun

What have I learned?
- how to do research in the social sector

Co-workers
-wonderful

Most enjoyable part of the job.
- field work
- parties at the supervisor's place
Excellent Research Work Place
JUNIOR RESEARCH FELLOW (Former Employee) –  Guwahati, AssamDecember 14, 2016
IIT Guwahati is one of the premiere institution of India. Working here in Department Of Chemistry gave me the insights of Research on Conducting Polymers. It was fun working there as I could use different instruments which developed my skills.
project
Senior project technician (Former Employee) –  Guwahati, AssamNovember 17, 2016
Training on various field, operating lathe machine, milling machine, cnc machine, shapper machine, grinding machine, solidworks, computer , making robot, field work, purchasing products.
Pros
free lunch