Indian Institute of Technology

Indian Institute of Technology Employee Reviews in Delhi, Delhi

Delhi, Delhi44 reviews
It is overall good job. You can stay in campus with security. As per the post there will be salary. You can also improve your knowledge while working on new things.
Pros
Relax life
Cons
Work under Professor
IIT Delhi function is just like any other government organisation. IIT being a brand is well reputed for it's bachelor's program. Being a fulltime employee has its advantages.
A place that transformed my way of thinking and my way to observe and analyse. Everyone in IIT was very cooperative and helped me a lot in learning new things.
Summarised research on homomorphic cryptography on over 5 research papers.
Developed and implemented a fully homomorphic encryption system using unsupervised machine learning.

Developed and implemented a fully homomorphic encryption system using the k-means algorithm. Which can be used to predict advertisements while protecting private information about the user.

Implemented Stabilised K-Means to improve the speed by 10-15%, when compared with the time of normal k-means on three different datasets.

Performed three different versions of k-means and cataloged their time and accuracy.
My stay at the institution was full of energy and excitement. Be it the staff or co-workers, all were responsible and well learnt. Always happy to learn and grow.
Research Oriented yet work unevenly distributed. LIke among 12 employees, there were only 4 of us working actually knew what the product is doing. rest all were just managing the administrative work and formalities.
A typical day at IIT Delhi is about classes in the morning, followed by a bunch of assignments to be completed before deadline. Professors are great and assignments help to learn a course very well.
Government job, but nice people. Working closely with faculty of various departments, in helping them raise funds for their research work and workshops
good and creative environment learning a new things with new influencing ideas Good working environment and better facilities
I have been working at IIT Delhi full-time for more than a year

Pros

nice salary and freely work

Cons

nothing all right no issues

Advice to Management

good
i wouldn't recommend anyone going there to work as there is lot of politics .As its Government institution ,Most prof are biased towards their own region candidate. Dn't pay regularly.
The best work-life balance is important which IIT has. Good management always incouraging to learn new things apart from daily research work. Having discussion without any barrier.
Plenty of highly skilled professors and extensive university resources available to help with your research at IITD.
Selection of a good supervising professor is critical for your degree though.
Great place to do higher education. Well equipped labs with excellent mentors. Completed my PhD in chemical engineering over here with more than 10 international peer reviewed articles.
Amazing work culture where one gets to learn about the latest technology and also develop an intuition to come up with new ideas for research with help available from everyone
I enjoyed working there as my colleagues were very much friendly & cooperative. I can remember many days when I could not have my lunch on time due to heavy work load as I was handling the external payment. I learned here to handle vendors's queries about their pending payments also not to delay to get the payments made to them which is very common habit.
Hectic work teaches a lot. Less inputs from peers and seniors.
Excellent equipments.

Would be difficult to innovate much. It completely rests on your shoulders to figure out how to get your prototype ready.
Pros
Free parties
Cons
Only worked as an intern. My supervisor was very skilled and showed poor management skills. I had to fight to get my recommendation certificate. I worked without pay.
A very different place from outside and inside in the sense that when you are out you just want to get in and have a taste of india's best engineering institute. And when you are in, its not that different from the other institutes in india.
I had the honour to study here. work here. It is a competitive place to get into and but i cant let to go out of it too. I learned a lot but its time to move on now.
Being a Government funded institute, this place has its drawbacks. There's a lot of bureaucracy and ropes to be crossed to get anything done. Having said that, the faculty at this place is beyond excellence.
Analyzed the working of convention phase modulation system mathematically and modified that system to improve the bandwidth expansion with respect to signal to noise ratio of the received signal.