Indian Institute of Technology Employee Reviews

Productive and Fun
Project Associate (Former Employee) –  Kanpur, Uttar PradeshMay 8, 2018
A great learning experience to be working with some of the brightest minds in the country. Their is a huge focus on learning and development.
Overall an excellent place to begin your career.
Pros
People, Team atmosphere, Work hours
Cons
Poor compensation
Studious and Generous Staff
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Delhi, DelhiFebruary 25, 2018
I learnt a lot from my Bosses daily . I learnt time management ,Pitching up the sales in a competitive environment.

The management is full of life and energy. They imbibe a culture of timely work and patience.
The hardest part of the job was to pitch up the sales in the competitive environment like Karnataka.

The most enjoyable part of the job Is to enjoying the dinner with Bosses
Pros
Healthy environment
Cons
Salary
Excellent work place with all amenities including sports
Professor of Mathematics (Current Employee) –  Ropar (Punjab), IndiaDecember 7, 2018
The duties and responsibilities include teaching, research, management, administration. The job is highly challenging and rewarding. The duty hours varied from 8 hours to 11 hours per day
Pros
Free vehicle, free accommodation, free lunches and many more
Cons
minimum job hours can range from 8 to 11 hours per day
Knowledge all around, good working environment, job satisfaction.
Project Associate (Current Employee) –  Chennai, Tamil NaduNovember 13, 2018
Good research oriented, good environment, different projects as well. The day starts at 9 a.m with research of different components in the project such as ejector cooling , adsorption chiller and multi effect desalinisation system and its optimisation.
Pros
Agile, Flexible, self motivated, positive thinking, faculties are considerate of the overall responsibilities of the scholars, understand their life-stages, research happens at your pace.
Cons
You certainly need to show initiative to learn, no sat and Sunday off when at research.
Lots to learn for a new graduate
Project Associate (Former Employee) –  Chennai, Tamil NaduMarch 10, 2018
Amazing place to work for a few years after you graduate. Lots to learn. Very interesting projects. And you will be surrounded by really smart people. Salary compensation is low but you can survive.
Pros
Very interesting projects, smart people
Cons
Salary
Student Intern
Student Internship (Former Employee) –  Guwahati, AssamOctober 6, 2018
Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati is a public institution established by the Government of India, located in Guwahati, in the state of Assam in India. It is the sixth Indian Institute of Technology established in India. The Department of Mathematics at IIT Guwahati, since its very inception in 1995, has strived to be a center of excellence in mathematics and computing, and it has been vigorously engaged in research, teaching, and training.
Pros
Good Environment
Productive Place
Fest Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  IIT PalakkadNovember 20, 2018
I have learned a lot of things while studying there. My Career started there in terms of Projects and other activities. Mentoring students in the field of Robotics was fun-loving.
Fun working place but tough research
Project Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, MaharashtraMay 20, 2018
A typical day at work is to achieve the required goals that needs to met no matter what the problem one faces.

One can learn a lot being in this group and there is high level of competition.

Management is not as great as one can expect but the workplace culture is very nice.

The hardest part of the job is to work over-time and obtain required results.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the work colleagues who are helpful and dedicated to the project.
Pros
kind social groups
Cons
no free coffee
Fun workplace
Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kanpur, Uttar PradeshDecember 26, 2018
IIT Kanpur is one of the pioneer institutes of India. Here, one can get a good chance to interact with highly experienced and knowledgeful people. Along with Biological science dept, it has many other engineering streams in which quality research in the process.
Pros
Good food and well organised campus
Cons
Take long time than expectation.
A home away from home
Student (Former Employee) –  Chennai, Tamil NaduOctober 29, 2018
This place has taught me most important and valuable lessons of my life apart from formally educating me in Civil Engineering. As a student of this institute, I have got the global exposure to the opportunities. My strengths were cultivated, and weaknesses got identified, worked on and minimized.
Pros
Just being inside the institute in itself is a big pro

Want to know more about Indian Institute of Technology?

Ask a question
Good place to be
Research Fellow (Former Employee) –  Delhi, DelhiDecember 24, 2018
I had the honour to study here. work here. It is a competitive place to get into and but i cant let to go out of it too. I learned a lot but its time to move on now.
Postdoctoral research Associate (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, MaharashtraMay 7, 2018
A temple of great learning with competitive edge,productive, good career growth , good management, good job culture,congenial environment, professional assistance overall great.
Not the best place for research
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chennai, Tamil NaduJanuary 10, 2019
Don't choose IIT Madras for research. Politics and abuse at all levels. Wish I had made a more righteous decision about not starting at that place. Cu
Eaton Corporation India Funded Oil Cavitation Reduction Project
Associate Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chennai, Tamil NaduJanuary 3, 2019
R&D work (funded by Eaton Corporation India) to analyse the Bubble Cavitation and
Bubbles Dynamics caused in Hydraulic Pumps
Had to improve the reduction of oil cavitation in the eaton hydraulic pumps
Funplace to work with no stress
Virtual Internship in Audio (Former Employee) –  Hyderabad, TelanganaJanuary 5, 2019
I have enjoyed a lot though I am doing research, I didn't feel that stress on me.
I have worked on four projects in the area of bio-devices and also in the area of massive MIMO and 5G, audio signal processing and machine learning.
Peacefull work
Technician (Current Employee) –  Chennai, Tamil NaduSeptember 17, 2018
I learned lathe cnc milling laser cutting
Management of the college is too good
Work place is like a [pure air good infrasturucture
There is no hardest work in my job
I enjoyed my work
One of the best place for research in India
Project Associate (Former Employee) –  Chennai, Tamil NaduNovember 2, 2018
IIT Madras has great research facilities and the professors are always ready to help. The workload is comparatively very low. IITM has a lot of eateries in and outside the campus. Deers, Black bucks, Monkeys make the campus even more fun to work.
Nice Institute
Postdoctoral Research fellow (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, MaharashtraOctober 6, 2018
One of the best Indian institutes of technology. many of the best Indian minds spring out of this institute. Very competitive atmosphere. Many courses offered.
Productive and Fun
Junior Research Fellow (Former Employee) –  Delhi, DelhiDecember 13, 2018
Being a Government funded institute, this place has its drawbacks. There's a lot of bureaucracy and ropes to be crossed to get anything done. Having said that, the faculty at this place is beyond excellence.
Best place to work
Senior Research Fellow, SRF (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, MaharashtraSeptember 28, 2018
The best place to work, you get all kind of freedom to express yourself. You get infinite opportunities to explore the world and people around you. Best place to learn almost everything.