INDIAN INSTITUTE OF SCIENCE EDUCATION AND RESEARCH Employee Reviews

Needs Massive improvements
Junior Research Fellow (Current Employee) –  Bhopal, Madhya PradeshJuly 3, 2018
Management doesn't seem to be student or staff friendly, arbitrarily imposing decisions on contractual employees without proper notice. Don't come here if you have a choice.
nice
Undergraduate Student Internship (Former Employee) –  Pune, MaharashtraApril 17, 2018
it is a nice place to work. Very cooperative people around. Good food and fun activities. The surrounding area is also nice to roam around. Good research institute.
Exciting Project
Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pune, MaharashtraMarch 6, 2018
Worked on simulations of glaciers. That is something which is unique and exciting to work with. Closely relates to climate change and the coworkers and professors were highly competent.
Job summary
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kolkata, West BengalMarch 1, 2018
-Responsible for synthesis of norbornene derived polymers for coatings and biological applications.
-Expertise in polymer synthesis, coatings and characterization techniques.
Productive workplace
lab assistant (Current Employee) –  Dr.Homibaba road, Pashan, Pune,Maharashtra.October 26, 2016
Here I learned Drosophila genetics, how to handle Drosophila flies, lab management, etc.
The co-workers over here are good.
Canteen facility is good.
fun
Post Doctoral Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Pune, MaharashtraJuly 29, 2016
productive great atmosphere to work and do research. Scientist give open ended questions and helpp to design your own projects and experiments. great time!!!
Good place to learn
Course Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pune, MaharashtraMay 1, 2016
A good place to work. I use to start my day with academic coordination . To schedule the lectures of faculty members . To keep records of the attendance of students .

I learned students academic coordination. The management of the college is supportive and helping to boost one's career.
Pros
A god place to learn new things in academic coordination
enjoying workplace with engineering laboratories
As a Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Pune, MaharashtraFebruary 6, 2016
I like to work in engineering institute and like to work in teaching field. If i will get opportunity I will try to give best performance at my level.
Pros
Tea, Lunch, transport.
Cons
shortbreaks, lunchbreaks.
Constructive all round development
Post Doctoral candidate (Current Employee) –  Bhopal, MPApril 30, 2015
IISER Bhopal is one of the six state of the art premier research institutes being set up by the government of India for promoting higher education and research. My experience at the laboratory of Molecular and Macromolecular Materials ,Department of chemistry was thoroughly enriching and fruitful. With the mentorship of Head of the group, I managed to learn some crucial techniques such as hands-on experience in handling sophisticated instruments like HPLC. I was fortunate to be a visiting research associate at the UNESCO-Regional Centre for Biotechnology, Gurgaon where I worked in the ' Laboratory of Nanomedicine and Chemical Biology' to study the gelation and biological aspects of gelator compounds developed back at IISER.

In both the collaborating places, there was excellent infrastructure and an interesting balance of people from chemistry and biology which made my studies enjoyable.
Productive and fun work place
Civil Engineer (Current Employee) –  Thiruvananthapuram, KLApril 5, 2015
Makes you think of the minute details at site and act accordingly to accomplish the task. Superiors being highly experienced in the field the knowledge we get is a lifetime experience and to keep up with them is the hardest part of the job. Still there guidance keep one on track. I really enjoy working in such an environment.
Pros
Always learning the new ideas
Cons
Working on contract basis
Excellent atmosphere
Multi Skilled Assistant (Project Dept.) (Former Employee) –  Thiruvananthapuram, KLMarch 5, 2015
My assignments encompass the following; looking after inward/ outward and recording of official correspondences, procurement of stationery and housekeeping of materials vis-à-vis the duties of a storekeeper, co-ordination and liaisoning activities with other sections of our dept. like HR, Accounts, Purchase, Computer & IT services etc. with respect to official matters of the office and personal matters of staffs.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Fixed hours
Iiser
coordinator (Former Employee) –  PuneDecember 8, 2014
It was a good experience to work with IISER. I learn a lot of things while working with good people. I orgnized alot of seminars and management development programs in IISER . The management was happy with my work .