Indian Air Force

Indian Air Force Employee Reviews

India712 reviews
Work culture is very demanding, posted to pan india. I learned the installation and maintenance of various electrical equipment. Work place at indian air force is very enjoyable.
you learn , earn and churn leading to become a refined gentlemen , organiser , and proffessional at par compared to anyone , its a life full of challenges but with mentoring n support its not that difficult
Pros
secured job, social security
Cons
be ready to stay at places which r remote, farflung n with least family surroundings, eventhough there ll be a great company to share
working in air force was a pleader as we were recruited in olden days ,that time salary was poor but all other thing were enjoyable ,we use to fight for hike in salary ,still we enjoy the adventure of life to learn many things ,
but now a days salary is high but rest of thing might be changed
Pros
all food free, meat free, daru free
Cons
24 hrs we are bound, it is pleader to work for nation
Great job to serve the nation with pride. Struggle to life with good routine time from dusk to dawn. Various games and motivation seminars. Most enjoyable is for me to see the various parts of the country and its culture.
good to learn new technology more excitement when go to higher level a complete carrier if you want to go further ,every time is new learning phase ,...................you can enjoy the posing at all over the india and some time abroad..............................
Pros
everything is good except officer
Working at Indian Air force was a new experience for me, as it motivated me to grow further in life and filled me with more enthusiasm and optimism. It provided me with an honour to work for those who are ACTUAL HEROES at the front and keeps us safe. It was my privliledge to give back a tiny bit back to them who give a momumental sacrifice on the borders. A salute to them.
Productive and fast paced working place
Very disciplined

Balanced Life

Job is very secure

Good management

Very good job culture

career advancement
Being in a high risk job with a security force like the IAF obviously implies that the perks and allowances are huge as well. Apart from attractive pay packages and a life pension equivalent to 50% of the income, there are also other incentives as well. Free accommodation and education for your family, as well as travel and leave concessions as well as a lot of other benefits make a career with the air forces quite a lucrative opportunity.

On top of that, the glory of a job well done is unmatched, be it through self realization or with recognition and honors being bestowed unto you.

Being party to a number of adventure sports

Being among the ranks in the Indian Air Forces necessarily requires you to be adept at a number of adventurous sports that will send some serious adrenaline rushing in through your body. The thrill of sports like paragliding, sky diving, car rally, rafting and the like are some worthy perks you will enjoy if you choose to be a part of the hugely dynamic air force wing of the Indian armed forces.

The style factor

Like any other job in uniform, the Indian Air Force also endows you with a unique style appeal, though in a heightened dimension. The pride that overtakes your very being every time you put on the dignified uniform with a promise to protect your motherland is a priceless feeling that only a lucky few in the world can afford to experience.

Apart from that, years of rigorous training and a dedicated regimen ensures that you would be one of the most disciplined persons around, irresistible and irreplaceable!

A uniquely dedicated
 - more...
- Typically the day starts early before the sunrise and may stretch till midnight with 30-45 min break. Moreover, the experience and working hours entirely depend on the fleet/nature of work delegated / place and many other factors.
- IAF gives a great platform for people who have a learning attitude and accept any kind of work. Discipline, positivity, and accept challenges was a learning experience in my 17.5 yrs of service.

- The management in the Indian Air Force follows a philosophy of 'never give up'.

- The toughest part of the job and the testing times are during contingencies(realtime/mock).

- Every moment in Air Force is extremely enjoyable. However, if I need to pick one, the toughest real-time contingencies gave a high, satisfaction and boosted confidence.
Pros
Subsidized groceries and households, adequate recreation facilities, Monthly Ration, free medical facilities without any financial restrictions, free accommodation
Cons
Sycophancy
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Indian Air Force?
This org teach me so many things earlier I was raw material only but airforce given special identity now I am prouding on my organisation and saluting this.
Indian Airforce is the best organisation which cultivates multi skills personalities like leadership qualities, managerial skills etc., This organisation provides security, health and all.
Excellent Way of living - It is a higly professional environment. You can acquire excellent proffessional skills during the service. Very good chances for career progression
Pros
You can serve the country
Cons
Tough life
Working in Indian air force has been the best career option i underwent. The work culture, vividity, diversity, challenge & job satisfaction has been exhilarating
General Management HRM, Airport Management, Ground Handling at Airport ,Technical Supervisor, Placement Official,Counseling Official ,Security Officer ,Physical Training Instructor, Worked on two different types of aircraft
As of now the life in IAF has become slightly stressful due to the unwanted stressful load on the senior rankers. The few commissioned officers specially lady officers don't give due regards and recognition to the senior rankers (JCOs and equivalents in other sisters service), they (commissioned officers) simply make them stressful for just for silly things by ignoring their total experience, rank and age.
i was really thankful to the almighty that i have been given the chance serve in the elight service of our defence forces. I really learnt a lot during my tenure till date wit air force and blessed with an ample opportunities to develop myself in all the fecet of life
Nice job ,
Feeling proud to serve the nation. Always being excited to serve the nation .Throughout the service you can have lot experience at different field.

Touching the sky with glory.

Jai Hind.
Pros
pride
Cons
24 hours
It was challenging and I learned so many things how to make decisions. It is proud to work for Nation. Dress code is good and I learnt how to live in day to day life.
It is a good organization which take cares of its employees. It offers job security. You can maintain work life balance here. It offers various opportunities for the career growth.
An unique cultural place for work. One will get a good reorganization for himself. Good Package of salary is available now a days. Live the life joyfully and a healthy life.
Every individual should dream to work in Indian Air Force because of the excellent environment and it's venture to lead individual to prosperous life and cherished work culture