Idera Employee Reviews

Very outdated products
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 17, 2017
Great people but poor management up to VP of Sales. Great training ground for software industry but that is about it. 😊 Be prepared for favoritism.
Pros
People but lacking good qualified managers
Cons
Management is over rated
Passionate Company - Great Team centered environment!
Office Administration (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 8, 2017
Since my first day with this company I have felt valued and appreciated by the staff and management. This job is unlike any I have previously had because I am actually excited to get up and go to work in the morning.

Our workplace is fairly relaxed and employees are expected to be self reliant. The only negative to some new hires is the sense of, "sink or swim." Any job can be difficult at times. But, even on particularly stressful days, I go home and feel accomplished. IDERA prides itself on having passion and simplifying the lives of our customers. And I am so glad to work here!
Pros
IderaFest Concerts/Parties, Great co-workers, Great support from management and Human Resources
A great place to grow a career
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 8, 2017
Have been with the company quite a few years. It has changed dramatically since I started. In 2013 when the new CEO took over, the company moved into growth through acquisition. I must admit that it was uncomfortable when that happened but we all became accustomed to the new norm. The new CEO has brought about a new culture where hard work is rewarded with fun trips, yearly parties and advancement opportunities. I would highly recommend the company to anyone who likes to jump in and make things happen.
Pros
Culture, Great pay
Cons
Commute
Cesspool of old products and rude people
Linux Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 13, 2016
I spent 8 months as a developer there --- 7 months of it was actually spent looking for another job after I discovered what a dead end company it was . Micro management and a dead product is all they have,
Pros
got paid
Cons
rude people, dead product
Good company
Executive (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 10, 2013
Company does not have a good road map for the future, flying by the seat of their pants, buying companies and software that are then failing is a repeatable pattern here. Other than that the company culture is good and the people working there are fun
Cons
lack of developers, QA and product mangers who know what they are doing
Idera tries to create a fun work envirnoment.
Key Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 7, 2013
New management has cancelled all travel by sales people, and decided that Marketing can better handle meeting customers and prospects at shows and training sessions. Everything is now metric driven, which fails to account for handling customer problems and technical issues.

Co-workers are great people, but new environment is taking its toll on enthusiasm. Meeting the new call metrics on a daily basis is starting to cause a lot of complaints. Idera has a lot of little contests to encourage performance with small cash payouts which does keep sales people interested.
Pros
daily sales contests, good benefits package, & nice workspaces.
Cons
new management
Idera is company in trouble, with an outdated products, attempting to grow without any real direction and lacking good leadership on all levels
Territory Account Manager (Former Employee) –  HoustonNovember 3, 2012
Idera is a MS partner that sells Windows DB solutions, which are overpriced for the market, and the company lacks good leadership from all levels. A new VP came on board from BMC, who has no experience in the DB market and is trying to run a company with less than 200 employees the same as BMC is run which has over 5,000 employees. He has no idea how to effectively bring positive change to Idera and only knows the things he learned at BMC software which is not going to work at Idera. Beside the VP , the rest of the sales managers are incompetent, and lazy. None of them have any managerial experience and have been promoted by the mere fact of being there at the right time and have hit quota by having a lush territory. None of them bring any real leadership or sales expertise to the table. Additionally the solutions are over -priced and the SQL market is saturated, and to make things worse, the Idera marketing department is one of the laziest and most unorganized departments that I've ever seen
Pros
fair base, used to have sales contest with spiffs before the last vp left
Cons
bad management, micro- management, over-priced solutions in a saturated market, bad marketing department, a lot company politics

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Idera. Our community is ready to answer.