Here to help
Coronavirus update

IBM Employee Reviews for System Engineer

Good and relaxed work place to work. Work culture is good and no need to bother about pressure. It depends on project. If you want relaxed work place IBM is the company.
Pathetic place to be, you're treated like slaves and cattle, too much micromanagement, no help provided to freshers, seniors don't work - they just butter their seniors, too many "directors" in a team, long useless meetings, sub-standard salaries.
Pros
Job security maybe
Cons
Negative environment, no respect for employees, politics and buttering at its peak.
good place to improve your skills & knowledge. professional environment, good management, supporting management team, nothing more to explain this, its totally best company to work.
IBM has a very chilled, fun loving, flexible work environment. Everything was awesome apart from the paycheck. My work was regularly appreciated - but seldom rewarded.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
pay
International Business Machines Corporation is an American multinational technology company headquartered in Armonk, New York, with operations in over 170 countries
IBM is a very good company with very nice culture. I helps to maintain a balanced life. IBM is providing WFH and people working in IBM are very supportive. As there is WFH I am able to balance my personal life with professional life.
IBM is very good place to work. There is very good chance to grow your career, management always encourage you explore more on your current work field.
The company has vast opportunities to learn and develop. However, the starting pay for freshers is not that great. Good for lateral hires. Work culture is good.
Very flexible work culture. Managers and team are very helpful and work culture enables employees to balance their personal and professional life without any stress.
Likes I liked the work culture at IBM. It felt like a family at work. Teammates were mostly good. Trainings were more than one so some were okay and some were very good. Never had to worry for job security. Career growth I am hoping there is. I stayed in the company for 4.5 years and I was in an already growing and in demand skill, so my experience was not bad but can't tell about others in general. Salary and appraisal is a common issue in IBM. We didn't get much hike nor appraisals. In 4.5 years there was hardly a change of monthly salary, because of which while changing job, faced difficulty to ask for salary according to the market as the base salary was low. Graduate hires normally don't get the opportunity to travel much in their early career in IBM but again depends on the project. Politics, I would say not much. Actually no politics faced at IBM, I think. Work life balance is good at IBM. IBM gives you full flexibility if you do your work properly and within time. Dislikes Just the salary/appraisal part was not up to the mark which mostly leads people quitting IBM. And may be IBM can work on its giving gifts/bonus to employees or team outings once a quarter to some good place.
I have been working at IBM full-time Pros Good and safe work environment Cons Poor Annual HIKE or Bonus. Poor PROGRESSION considerations. External Hires with lack of skillset sitting next with highest pay scale, you will definitely demotivated annually twice. Time passers are entertained with highest package.
Would like to join back in IBM. I loved working there. Very comfortable for women employees. You have opportunities to learn a lot. And independence to work in your area of Interest.
Salary growth will be less but good place to settle. Life time job and enough work from home and leaves.We can get projects according to our location wish.
It s wonderful experience to work in great environment if any one want reference contact me it s faboulas ambiance to work in office it s pleasure to be have part of IBM
Work-life balance is good. Ample opportunities for work from home which is a great thing especially for women employees. A down thing is a package they offer.
It was overall good experience working at IBM.aim was to do your role part and give your 100% from your side.Customer satisfaction was prime concern that need to be fulfilled. rest environment and work culture is cool.
Joined as a graduate hire. Had a month-long training in the assigned field. They assign specialties on no basis other than requirement which was a bit tough. However, as my first job, they will always be special for me. Growth is not fast and is hierarchial. Great place to settle down after you've reached management level.
Pros
Relaxed work atmosphere, no sign-in, sign-out
Cons
Low salary, Slow growth
Great and relaxed work culture. Best company for Women to work in terms of safety and culture. management is so co-operative and supportive. Great team to learn knowledge on what you are working on.
I was hired as Campus placement from my College and IBM being my first company, I would say I am not disappointed in IBM. Learnt a lot of things there and found no issues in the management or in the work culture. The only cons one may worry about are the pay scale and the yearly hikes, that too if you are joining at a later stage with a good package then no need of thinking to switch afterwards.
Internal Project has less scope and recognition. Its almost repetitive work, no appreciation, salary hike was minimal and working almost over time for support with development.
IBM promotes a healthy, competitive work environment with a capable and experienced management and a culture of bon homie amongst it's employees. Would love to return to IBM India if possible.