Here to help: Coronavirus update

IBM Employee Reviews for System Engineer

System Engineer479 reviews
India479 reviews
Good for lateral hires
The company has vast opportunities to learn and develop. However, the starting pay for freshers is not that great. Good for lateral hires. Work culture is good.
Very employee friendly compnay
Very flexible work culture. Managers and team are very helpful and work culture enables employees to balance their personal and professional life without any stress.
Cool
Likes
I liked the work culture at IBM. It felt like a family at work. Teammates were mostly good. Trainings were more than one so some were okay and some were very good. Never had to worry for job security. Career growth I am hoping there is. I stayed in the company for 4.5 years and I was in an already growing and in demand skill, so my experience was not bad but can't tell about others in general. Salary and appraisal is a common issue in IBM. We didn't get much hike nor appraisals. In 4.5 years there was hardly a change of monthly salary, because of which while changing job, faced difficulty to ask for salary according to the market as the base salary was low. Graduate hires normally don't get the opportunity to travel much in their early career in IBM but again depends on the project. Politics, I would say not much. Actually no politics faced at IBM, I think. Work life balance is good at IBM. IBM gives you full flexibility if you do your work properly and within time.

Dislikes

Just the salary/appraisal part was not up to the mark which mostly leads people quitting IBM. And may be IBM can work on its giving gifts/bonus to employees or team outings once a quarter to some good place.
Good Company
I have been working at IBM full-time

Pros

Good and safe work environment

Cons

Poor Annual HIKE or Bonus. Poor PROGRESSION considerations. External Hires with lack of skillset sitting next with highest pay scale, you will definitely demotivated annually twice. Time passers are entertained with highest package.
I would like to join back in IBM. If they recruit me back. offer me a job
Would like to join back in IBM. I loved working there. Very comfortable for women employees. You have opportunities to learn a lot. And independence to work in your area of Interest.
Good place to settle
Salary growth will be less but good place to settle. Life time job and enough work from home and leaves.We can get projects according to our location wish.
Nice to work work in office it s pleasure to be have part of IBM
It s wonderful experience to work in great environment if any one want reference contact me it s faboulas ambiance to work in office it s pleasure to be have part of IBM
Good work life balance
Work-life balance is good. Ample opportunities for work from home which is a great thing especially for women employees. A down thing is a package they offer.
positive culture and good working environment
It was overall good experience working at IBM.aim was to do your role part and give your 100% from your side.Customer satisfaction was prime concern that need to be fulfilled. rest environment and work culture is cool.
Good place to start and end
Joined as a graduate hire. Had a month-long training in the assigned field. They assign specialties on no basis other than requirement which was a bit tough. However, as my first job, they will always be special for me.
Growth is not fast and is hierarchial. Great place to settle down after you've reached management level.
Pros
Relaxed work atmosphere, no sign-in, sign-out
Cons
Low salary, Slow growth
Great and relaxed work culture
Great and relaxed work culture. Best company for Women to work in terms of safety and culture. management is so co-operative and supportive. Great team to learn knowledge on what you are working on.
Best place to work for if getting paid decently
I was hired as Campus placement from my College and IBM being my first company, I would say I am not disappointed in IBM.
Learnt a lot of things there and found no issues in the management or in the work culture.

The only cons one may worry about are the pay scale and the yearly hikes, that too if you are joining at a later stage with a good package then no need of thinking to switch afterwards.
Internal Project has less scope and recognition
Internal Project has less scope and recognition. Its almost repetitive work, no appreciation, salary hike was minimal and working almost over time for support with development.
A cooperative, healthy work environment
IBM promotes a healthy, competitive work environment with a capable and experienced management and a culture of bon homie amongst it's employees.
Would love to return to IBM India if possible.
Good to work
Frexible but not much hike as expected
Job security

Management is little tricky

Workplace culture is good

Hardest part of job is you will be given laptop and expected to connect anytime and for any longer
collaborative workplace
ibm is a great company to work for experienced people.Mostly it is suitable for married ladies to maintain a perfect work life balance.A typical day at work includes coming to office check the mails respond to it appropriately.do the assigned tasks.i learned to be more patient to do the work.we should a maintain a healthy relationship with our colleagues.Mutual cooperation should be there.the environment is very calm and friendly.the hardest part of the job was to get the mail response from everybody. and to get the team members to do the work.
Pros
functions
Cons
hike can be little more
Competent and Skill Enhancing culture
The company allows you to learn and grow the skills as per industry demand and is working in almost all the technologies specifically works tremendously in Cloud and encourages all the employees to learn new technologies to get better results.
Great Colleagues and got a sense of belonging to IBM family
Great work environment, helpful colleagues. Learnt a lot during the training phase. Improved my soft skills. Learnt handling difficult situations. Received Encouragement and appreciation for good work.
Loads of learning
I use to work in a very small office situated at Noida sector 135. It was a very outlandish location.
Though, I learned a lot things. It gave a good purview to my career.
Good work life balance
It's an enjoyable working experience with the experienced and talented team mates. The culture of the workplace is good. There is no discrimination based on caste, gender, age etc.
Pros
Work from home, sick leaves.
Cons
Low salary, low growth.
Collaborative and fun
IBM is a good place to work if you are looking for a work life balance.
The only thing IBM can work upon is the way it handles the employee portfolios.