Here to help: Coronavirus update
Updated: March 25 2020

IBM Employee Reviews for Application Developer

Professional work environment
Good professional environment with professional employes and helping nature management with employ satisfying with necessary amenities like transport , food , recreation.
Good place for experienced professional who look for work life balance
Good place for experienced professional who look for work life balance. Freshers should avoid this place if they are looking for steep technology learning.
It's cool place to work
Timings are flexible . You can do work from home . Management is good.
Depends on the project you are working so comments may differ person to person.....
Great plac eto work. Work life balance is great . Company provide opportunities for new skills set. Managers have frequent meetings with there reportee.
Work life balance
This is the best place to settle down in life. Good employee facilities, work life balance, flexibility depends on the type of domain and project one work with.
Very good scope to improve skill set.
Good
Being my first company, I learnt many things. Needed more competitive and challenging work. Needed new learnings.
I have learnt team management. IBM provides flexibility and it trusts it's employees.
Work Life Balance is very good here.
The people in IBM only care about the work to be done on time. No boundations of In time and Out time. So in that case the work life balance is really good.
Workplace
Good experience .Challenging atmosphere. Good workplace and culture.
Good interaction with other project mates. Could be better with good management approach
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at IBM?
Not good for freshers
Work culture is good, no stress, work from home is allowed in most of the projects. Hike is not good , mostly support projects are there in IBM.
Politics is there and no learning
Productive work environment and friendly culture
The work culture of IBM is what makes it special. Being hired as a Graduate Trainee, 3 months of intense and updated training is conducted by professionals. The work culture is friendly and result oriented. Incentives and perks are another plus point.
All good
overall it was very nice experience in IBM i joined as a fresher and grown there as a senior consultant,i got enough training and skill improvement program there,ya in terms of salary its not good.
Flexible
Best place to join for experience candidates. Work from home is available for almost all the projects.
Excellent learning platform are available.

Easy to move to other technologies.
Everything is good
this is a great company with a great history. the company is innovation-oriented and it all depends on the kind of project one hets into. the work-life balance is pretty good and the work you get is given and distributed by the team leads and the higher management is also good. the perks are working from home options and the paid leaves for maternity for women. this company has a lot of pros and there are a lot of people who work for several years and not leave the company at all.
Join iff you want to settle down and have a relaxing life. (IBM GBS)
Only for IBM GBS (My tenure 2015-2016)
Pros:

- Best work life balance.

- Architects are really knowledgeable but they cannot make full decisions for the projects as Project managers will intervene.

- You can complete some valuable certifications fully sponsored by IBM.

Cons:

- People/Project Managers merely have any knowledge about technology.

- Pay is too less for freshers.

- Almost nil hike.

- They might give you lead positions on paper but your salary will not be raised at all.
Productive $ fun workplace
At IBM, we have developer friendly work environment with amazing support from team leads and managers. There is ample opportunity to prove yourself and show your capabilities.
Productive and Collaborative workplace
Its a great pleasure to work in IBM. But I am working as a contractor and as very less opportunities for contractors in IBM. Hence, I want to switch to other company to get permanent position where I need to explore myself.
Great work culture
Commendable work place
Awesome work culture

Work from home

Variety projects

Great place to learn and grow

Manager recognition

Friendly environment

Good leave policy
Its good
IBM provides unlimited work from home option, unlimited sick leaves and its lot more employment friendly(Though I rarely use).
I guess this is one of few organisations which focus on employee skills development. ( We got lot of coaching on docker, kubernetes, advanced python etc).

It provides free access to safari books online

We had a patent cafe, once in every three weeks( Most of them just come because of manager)

I dont know about other teams or managers but I had a fantastic team and manager and I use to call my manager as bhayya. ( Don’t call it unprofessional)
Fun work place
Its good if you are a regular.
But if you are hired as a contractor, then its hard to survive with the salary given to you.

But IBM is one of the best companies i have worked.
Excellent professional collaborative work environment
The human resource and technical resource structure of the company are very robust and support new recruits very well. Although there is soft-support to innovation, there is not sufficient scope to reach out for own ideas, when one is working at a specific skill. One of the things that must be improved is financial compensation for new recruits, and continuous financial growth over the years, to retain growing talents within the company.
Good experience
It was a nice experience working with IBM gurgaon.Pay is bit less for freshers but overall good work life balance along with good projects.Sometimea you get in comfort zome