HSBC Employee Reviews

Found 2,443 reviews matching the search See all 10,844 reviews
Ok Place to be associated with
(Lead) Manager Information Management (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, KarnatakaAugust 31, 2018
Ok Place to work
Depending on the department and group of people you work with you may or may not get to learn.
Management is like any other place, tackling politics is a part of your routine.
Work life balance can be maintained if you are a smart worker.
Overall its a place where you can manage to do well if you go with the flow.
Salary is not so good for long term employees. People who walk in from outside with some relevant experience can bag a nice package, again depends on your negotiation skills.
Pros
Work Life Balance, Lateral Opportunities
Cons
Management Politics, Salary, Favouritism
A Place with good Work-Life balance
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  BangaloreOctober 2, 2018
HSBC is a very professional and a buzzing place. I have met people from very good educational institutions, and who have worked with best companies round the world. Everyday, I used to learn something new, and I was allowed to experiment with my day-to-day tasks. I had a lot to learn with senior personnels and business partners. The management was very helpful in technical aspects, but they should respond to grievances of their subordinates, and consider the career aspirations of the employees, and should provide them with different kinds of opportunities and roles.
Pros
Good Work-Life Balance
Cons
Non Responsive management
Productive and friendly environment
Prime broker (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, KarnatakaDecember 2, 2018
Right place to start career since they are good at salary for fresher and work life is very peaceful and friendly environment. You will enjoy your both professional and personal life since the work environment is really good.
Supportive people for different back grounds..
Accept new ideas and suggest to higher management.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Time lags
Productive and Fun at Work Place
Deputy Manager - KYC Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bangalore Urban, KarnatakaDecember 12, 2018
- Very good place to work.
- Employee well being is a key focus
- Flexibility at work
- Open culture, good salary, good management
- Very nice work environment
- Management and Leadership are friendly and supportive in nature. No strict rules and flexible working hours
Pros
Good learning, exposure, growth, good peer
Cons
Difficult to balance professional life and personal life
Best place to Work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Chennai, Tamil NaduJanuary 6, 2019
HSBC is comparatively good in terms of other MNC's. Work culture and work life balance is really appreciable. Ideas and Innovations are welcomed by the management.
Salary and benefits also good as per market.
Pros
Worklife Balance
Cons
Na
Political Job
Reconciliation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Vizag, Andhra PradeshJanuary 4, 2019
Faced politics in depth which is not found in real political parties like BJP, Congress etc :-D Work culture is ok but no much growth in it until and unless you can ganble and born cunning.
Pros
migration chances, company benifits
Cons
HR management is unaware whom to assign at a perfect suitable department, managers politics and partiality
Productive and Fun at work
Customer Service Executive (Former Employee) –  Visakhapatnam, Andhra PradeshJanuary 1, 2019
Great work life balance and excellent minds are working together. Recently they have done so much for the employees to improve the work culture. There is one thing that once you join the HSBC you will get used to its ecosystem and comfort zone which makes impossible to leave it. Good pay and benefits.
Good work life balance but too much politics
Business Analyst/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Pune, MaharashtraJuly 12, 2018
Pros:
Good work life balance
Good renumeration for top rated people

Cons:
Management is mediocre. Top layer is full of people who have been in organisation for years and who have no idea how the world has evolved while they were busy playing politics.
Managers are rigid and do not like to accept different opinion. They work together as a cartel protecting each other's interest. So if you end up on their wrong side you are doomed.

In short if you are lucky to find a good manager you can consider this as an option. Or only if your strength is bootlicking.
Fun @ work place
Assistant Manager - North America (US & CA) Ops (Current Employee) –  Hyderabad, TelanganaJune 21, 2018
I really enjoyed my job in this 12+ years of experience. I joined as a novice in this organization and learnt many things and grown as a perfect individual.
Learned to manage the people and given the clear directions to reach their career aspirations.
The best part of this organization is the work Place culture and the Management.
I never find a single day in this organization as challenging. HSBC creates a great work atmosphere and helps the staff in managing the work life balance.
Pros
Fun Activities
Excellent organisation ,badly managed at Kolkata.
Analyst-Fraud Detection (Former Employee) –  Kolkata, West BengalSeptember 16, 2018
HSBC HDPI is a very good company ,& I worked here at the Kolkata office for 9 years, however the senior management & hr are no good here.Earlier when the management was directly under UK,it was run very well.Unfortunately on my 5th years the management was handed over to locals & that was the end of good work culture.None the less,it is still one of the best in Kolkata. I personally would have loved to continue but the hr was too pathetic.I hope things improve as I have a soft corner fo HSBC,as a company. I have nothing more to say. I wish new joinees all the best.
Pros
Good pay, on time pay, good bonus.
Cons
Office politics ! Nepotism.
Good learning environment
Investment Advisor (Former Employee) –  chennaiOctober 10, 2018
Good learning environment
good work place culture
good management
Typical day starts with meeting
Helped in career growth.
Good time management.
Salary benefits are good
Less Productive Workplace
Subject Matter Expert - Banking Operations (Former Employee) –  Bengaluru, KarnatakaOctober 24, 2018
As a company HSBC is a very good Organization as per policy and procedures.But the majority of the Employees in the Middle and upper Management positions are undeserving, less educated and incompetent.They get promotions not by their performance but through preferences and strong referals.That becomes a problem for the truely deserving and competent Candidates.Attrition rate high.
Pros
Process Party and other events
Cons
Uncomfortable supervision
Good place to work in Long-Term
Analyst - Business Intelligence Team (Former Employee) –  IndiaOctober 21, 2018
The management is good. Work culture is very comfortable.
Compensations and benefits were satisfactory.
The conveyance provided by the company is the most appreciated one.
Productive work environment but not very supportive for growth
Lead Business Analyst/Scrum master (Current Employee) –  HyderabadOctober 23, 2018
Work life balance
Change in management changes the direction every 2 years
Promotions are hard to get
Internal movements are not easy to get . On shore opportunities are frozen now .
Amazing place to work and gain exposure
CDD MI Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hyderabad, TelanganaDecember 2, 2018
Amazing place to work and gain exposure, wonderful work life balance, nice management interaction and superb work culture nevertheless includes a balance of work and fun.
Lacks Integrity and have a problem communicating.
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hyderabad, TelanganaNovember 27, 2018
Doesn't bother to cross check the feedback / rumours. Participated in a crime by withholding feedback and refusing to appraise the individual of his situation. Got involved in violating constitutional rights. Have a problem acknowledging / apoligising / explaining actions. Colludes with other employers in creating false feedback. Prefers coverups to corrections.
Corrupt set of people.
productive and fun place
Customer Service Executive (Non-Voice) (Former Employee) –  Visakhapatnam, Andhra PradeshAugust 19, 2018
typical day starts with reading email , updates about process , meeting about how many emails need to answered some times lot of email enquiries , i learnt to be confident , managerial skills , communication skills , overall how a working professional should work place culture is great their is no hard part as such but we need to meet target as part of any job .... most enjoyable part we get to meet different people great exposure
Pros
free lunches section parties no long hours
Good Work Life Balance
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Pune, IndiaJanuary 1, 2019
A typical day at work would involve regular stand-ups, development, testing, conference calls, occasional presentations. I learned quite a bit about production support, data analysis and visualization. The management was always supportive and collaborative. The workplace culture was nice and well balanced.
Very Good Experience.
Quantitative Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bengaluru, KarnatakaSeptember 19, 2018
1. typical day at work - Quantitative Research
2. what have you learnt- How to approach a problem mathematically and quantify the solution with reasonable assumptions
3. about management - Management could be more transparent
4. culture - open mindedness
5. hardest part of the job - free communication with the trading floor quants being in an offshore location
6. freedom to choose the problems to work on
Learning platform
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  ChennaiAugust 4, 2018
This is my first career in an contact center as customer service executive

Hard work always matters, i recognized many awards for my quality calls and work. Proud to be an part of Heroes contestant and chance to get an opportunity to flew for the first time from my place to Mumbai for 3 days trip to Amby valley as a token of appreciation for my work.
Management really drove us well.
Work place outstanding
Never found any part of my any job as hardest.
Enjoy the trip to Mumbai to receive an Award for my work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HSBC. Our community is ready to answer.

54,166