Government of West Bengal

Government of West Bengal Employee Reviews

India14 reviews
I could not enjoy my job.The place of posting was far away from my home.I travelled 3.5 hours (x2) everyday which caused severe back problem.I could not continue the job.Otherwise the work atmosphere was good and culture was also fine.
Pros
Security, benifits
Cons
Place of posting, transfer protocols
It was a life changing experience and i learned here that how to teach and understad child' nature and behaviour and how to deal with them.overall it was a good experience.
Working with the Government Sector in West Bengal is indeed a good experience with very cooperative work culture with a good work life and personal life balance.
Good and I want it.Its beter than othee job,and it for all part time candidates.We want to this job and very neded job for me.And my friend alawys ask me for this job.And I alawys wnat this type job and I want part time income.
Management in administration break rules by themselves but expect others to abide by the rules.
No job satisfaction as there is dirty working environment with no modern facilities at all with no manpower assistance. People are on their feet to stab each other. Salary structure is very poor.
Pros
No perks at all apart from fixed salary
Cons
Duty hours are not very long
Worked in various departments,Viz. Judicial, Industrial Reconstruction, Panchayat and Rural Development, Finance, Labour and Tourism of the Government of West Bengal from 1982 to 2016
Hello
I am very working person and honest person. And I'm belong to a midil class family person. And I'm very hard working person so that it..
Cons
1 hours
Great life work balance. A noble proffesion honoured nobly by wb govt. But you wont get public holidays on time. Take the challange job.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Low pay
challenging job but financial benefits are not good. co workers are very much cooperative. Juniors obey orders. enjoyable part of the job is learning newer things day by day. new chalanges appear and to solve is the most challanging part
Pros
good & friendly work environment
Cons
salary amount
Terrible work culture, work life balance good but that is because there is not sense of responsibility in the employees. Growth depends on seniority, therefore motivation is near zero.
Pros
No work, salary guaranteed
Cons
No motivation for hard working employees
New Schemes related to citizens are completing with very hard working and government benefits are reach successfully to the beneficiaries.
I enjoyed with full job-satisfaction though the Govt. Salary was poor, Still I performed well in setting up different office machines like latest type Xerox Automatic machines Computer Controlled Attendance machine, after which the Senior Officers of Govt.thanked me of installing such modern science technology,

Due to close friendly relation with humour almost all the staff and officers loved me as their own family. But I was always duty bound while in administration, I never get worried when preparing Confidential Report of Staffs and Officers though sometimes it was like Open Personal Report with allowing them Grades,
The satisfaction of mine is that I am helping somebody of my age so that he can earn his lively hood and also being part of the government I am also helping my nation to be developed.
Pros
Support from the boss.
Cons
Salary is not sufficient as compared to the responsibility.
Excellent Management.
Excellent Co-worker.

Work as a Election in charge is my hardest work part.

To solve any critical issue gives me a great pleasure.
Pros
Capable of taking hard-work
Cons
Long hrs