Government of Punjab Employee Reviews

It was a good job.
chemistry teacher (Former Employee) –  PunjabMay 26, 2019
I like giving lectures to the students about the subject and also fond of career counselling. I also have interest in character building of my students as it is the main obligation of a teacher. But It was boring for me to check a bundle of papers.
Pros
Duty was very easy.
Stimulating work environment
Additional Secretary (Current Employee) –  PunjabFebruary 3, 2019
Work requires handling sensitive information, assessing facts and data, analyzing, firming up recommendations, giving policy input, monitoring implementation, evaluating and drawing lessons.
Preparing Midterm and annual Development framework.
Pros
Official residence, Car, Driver, Fuel, Personal Staff
Cons
Long hours, Mental tiring due to constant handling of complex issues
Lack of Recogniton
Lecturer Computer Engineering (Former Employee) –  indiaDecember 31, 2018
The good work is not bieng appreciated and the system indulges in corrupt practices and lack of commendation ofr good work.So,not a good environment to work.The work culture is ignored.
I had excellent time working in 6 government colleges.in which I taught Intermediate, , under-graduate and graduate classes ,conducted research
Director of Education (Colleges) (Former Employee) –  PunjabJune 6, 2018
It was a wonderful experience administer around 50 colleges. This job involved writing of countersigning of the Annual Confidential Reports of the college teachers and and writing off the reports of the principals of different colleges. The power of director included the posting and transfers of the college teachers spread over the whole Gujrananwala Division. Inspection of the colleges off and on to check their conditions and needs was also a part of duty. Most enjoyable part for me was addressing of the college staff and students at special occasions and ffunctions in the capacity of Chief Guest/ Guest of Honor.I encountered the atmosphere of all colleges cordial and receptive
Pros
Occasional socia;l gatherings with lunches and dinners
Cons
Short breaks provided in colleges and health care cover provided by the Government of the Punjab
productive workplace
Medical officer (Former Employee) –  Punjab, IndiaFebruary 5, 2018
Its a OPD job in a rural setting.It gives you decent exposure and teaches you to work with minimum facilities and yet to cater to needs of rural population with common ailments.
Pros
good exposure
Cons
no growth
Not Best working Place.
City and Guild Culinary Consultant (Former Employee) –  PunjabJanuary 2, 2018
friendly Students but some of very hard to teach in English Language to understandingly
very Hard to work with Government officers
but they provide all Good Security and well Trans Port Services.
Pros
breakfast, lunch, Dinner Free.
Cons
weekly shopping with Security.
excellent job
Agriculture Inspector (Former Employee) –  PunjabSeptember 19, 2017
Very good experience. I enjoyed the job because it was related to my study. I managed to implement the government policies to increase the food grain crops and provided the latest agri. technique for raising crops to farmers.
Pros
no free lunch
Good atmosphere to work at. Working at the post has helped me to develop several skills.
Assistant director of factories (Current Employee) –  LudhianaJune 10, 2017
I have been working on this post since 2013. I have been able to develop many administrative skills and learn abt workplaces. I have learned about managment worker relationship.
Good learning experience
Intern (Former Employee) –  Chandigarh, ChandigarhApril 2, 2016
I had a good learning experience while doing Internship. the Co-workers were very cooperative in the completion of internship Project.
Excellent Proessional Learning
Additional Chief Secretary (Current Employee) –  Chandigarh, CHSeptember 20, 2015
As a member of Indian Admnistrative Service, I not only got oppurtunity to work at variety of of jobs involving formulation and implementation of Public Policies in various development sectors but also iniitated financial and governance reforms to ensure quality delivery of citizen services. Though difficult, management of politics in governace was a major challenge.
Good
Accounts Assistant (Former Employee) –  JalandharMarch 27, 2014
we were not getting salary according to you work and the government policy was not good