Government of Assam Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
non productive but have a pleasure to serve the state
INSPECTOR OF TAXES (Current Employee) –  Tezpur, AssamSeptember 18, 2016
Good job but have to stay away from home which tend to make life not enjoyable and have to manage time everytime. over burden of work.
Pros
public service
Cons
boring and management issues
find pleasue in new learning
Medical and Health officer in Government Hospital (Current Employee) –  Guwahati, ASSAMDecember 9, 2015
My day starts from 7AM at hospital even if I am available 24 hours for any emergency. Each case is an experience for new learning depending on different dimensions of act. I am happy always with management and co workers. Hardest part is spending hours in OT with critical patient and satisfaction is their recovery and happiness.
Pros
Normal food
Cons
48 to 72 hours of experience of non stop service during emergency
Woking in major Law & Order situation was channange for me.
senior BDO in Chinthong and later, Chandrapur (Former Employee) –  Goalpara District of AssamAugust 13, 2014
# As Additional Deputy Commissioner, I had to look after Disaster Management, Revenue, Development branches. I was also Chief Executive Officer, District Disaster Management Authority, Project Director, Integrated Tribal Development Project, and Revenue Settlement Officer.
# I learn administrative skill, dealing with public,conflict area management, Rural Development, Revenue etc
# Management in respect of Law & Order was most important for me. At the time of Parliamentary/ Assembly Elections management in all fields was top priority for me.
# I tried to maintain cordial relations with my co-workers. I also respect their feelings and share happiness and sorrow.
# The most hardest part of my service was holding Rabha Hasong Autonomous Council's election in 2013 in Goalpara District, Assam. The election was pending for last 18 years due to differences of opinion and opposition from non-tribal groups. I met all sections of people, convened numbers of meetings for shorting out a solution.As ADC in charge I deleted the names of those voters who opposed to include them in the Autonomous Council, with approval from Government. I also apprehended major Law & Order situation during the election.
# The most enjoyable part of my job was successful completion of the Rabha Hasong Autonomous Council Election even with out any incident and law & order situation which I apprehended most.
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
During flood, election we had to work for more than 12 to 15 hours with out any extra financial benifits
Very challenging, responsible and varied experience.
Magistrate, Project Director, Joint Secretary (Current Employee) –  Guwahati, ASJune 16, 2014
*Dealing with files ranging from job appointments to dealing with Writ Petitions, including sanction and release of funds for different developmental Government Plans and Programmes.

* Files are not papers and documents. They are embodiments of the problems, hopes and aspirations of individuals and the people and have to be respected and handled as such.

*You cannot make any headway without their cooperation and motivation.

*Introducing fresh ideas and methods in dealing with matters more efficaciously. No fixed hours of work. Regular crisis management

*Achieving what at first seems near impossible, although in the nick of time.
Pros
Response to orders and directions happily or grudgingly.
Cons
No fixed hours