GeoEngineers Employee Reviews

Good if you are loyal and obedient.
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Washington stateJanuary 24, 2019
interesting work and good location. One will have a successful career with this employer if you obey and don't question authority. Middle management tends to put pressure on the lower tier of the org chart to a higher degree than most places I've worked for.
Pros
Interesting work. Never a dull moment. Up-to-date technology.
Cons
Micro-mangers in the mix.
Negative office culture
Subcontract Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WASeptember 19, 2017
First thing I noticed was a very negative office culture. Management was ulta critical, impatient, and quick to put you down as much as they could. It was hard to work and learn in this type of atmosphere.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Heavy workload, negative managers, no breaks
A great place to gain experience
Geotechnical Engineer (Current Employee) –  LouisianaMay 31, 2017
I have enjoyed my time at GeoEngineers. But, I question the stability and some decisions that have been made. It is a great place to gain experience and begin building a career. Geo works on a wide array of projects.
Pros
Travel, benefits, culture
Cons
times can be slow for January to June.
A great company and work environment
CAD Specialist (Current Employee) –  MOApril 14, 2017
At my time with GeoEngineers, Inc., work has always been challenging and enjoyable. The place is top notch but what really make it great is the people and environment.
Pros
great benefits, great people, good pay, huge focus on safety
Cons
non worth mentioning.
great people and great company.
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 30, 2016
This is the first job i've ever had where i wasnt looking for a better job, i loved it ! The only downfall was that we didnt have enough work in the beginning of the year and i got laid off. I learned so much from Geo. We ran all kinds of different tests on the soil to see what kind of foundation was needed to build a house, business or to build a new road. My coworkers were one of the main reasons i loved my job they were very helpful when i needed anything or had a question. The hardest part of my job was learning how to do things ive never done before . I was never aware of all the steps you have to take before building anything. Although, that was also the most enjoyable part of my job, I liked learning how to do new things.
Pros
Geo always treated us well
Cons
working in the weather at times.
Productive, collaborative environment
System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 15, 2016
GeoEngineers is a great place to work with great people and an amazing culture. They have a family atmosphere that is very welcoming and comforting. While at GeoEngineers I participated in a variety of large projects on the IT team that really advanced my knowledge and experience with various systems. They truly have an amazing IT team that is on the cutting edge of technology.
Pros
Company sponsored events, parties, etc. GREAT benefits!
Cons
Great experience working here.
Director of Marketing (Former Employee) –  seattle, WashingtonOctober 15, 2013
Great company. Great people to work with, challenging and great opportunities.
Trusted earth science and technology advisors
Principal Geologist (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 5, 2013
More than 30 years ago, GeoEngineers’ founders envisioned an independent company of technical experts known for their integrity and strong client relationships. We have made good on our founders’ vision, earning a reputation as creative thinkers and trusted advisors who work in partnership with our clients on their most challenging projects. Thanks to these enduring client bonds, GeoEngineers has grown from a small consulting partnership to a talented, multidisciplinary team of more than 300 people who work in 12 offices nationwide.
Great people but too many managers
Geologist (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WASeptember 4, 2012
Pretty much the movie, Office Space, in a nutshell.

Employees at the bottom are overworked and have low morale. Middle-level managers are wandering the halls, a la Lundberg, looking to see how they can get you to do more work so they can do less.

The administrative staff are pretty cool, though.
Good place for right person
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Redmond,WAJune 6, 2012
It is a good place to work. However, you mush sharpen your communication skills and entertaining skills.

Want to know more about GeoEngineers?

Ask a question