Challenging environment leading to skill development.
Manufacturing Quality Intern (Former Employee) – Pune, India – January 16, 2019
The daily issues which occurred in the Assembly line helped me gain a deeper understanding of root cause analysis and applications of quality control tools. Along with I was also impressed the importance General Motors gave for Safety. The workplace culture is very cooperative and they truly follow concurrent engineering. The hardest part of the job was to meeting deadlines of the project wile working with different departments. The most enjoyable part was brainstorming and finding solutions on the issues with the Quality team.
Oracle DBA (Former Employee) – Gujarat – September 5, 2018
The spirit in which you approach this conversation will make the difference in whether it is effective. If your intention is genuine, to help the employee improve, and you have a positive relationship with the employee, the conversation is easier and more effective.
GM India , Bangalore office is a nice place to be working with a very people friendly culture. The life typically depends on what kind of boss and profile you have. if you boss is workaholic they will make sure you match the steps with them and be working. Generally you have the freedom to plan and finish your work as long as you are able to meet the required timelines.
Very good place to learn a lot as well as very pleasing place to work in
Alias Digital Sculptor (Current Employee) – Bangalore, Karnataka – May 7, 2018
I don't have any negative comments about GM. Because it is a very comfortable firm to work. comfortable flexible timings for work. There is normal work pressure. I never felt any work overloading on me.
Designation- Pricing Manager (Current Employee) – DELHI , INDIA – January 29, 2018
General Motor is great place to work in India where every individual is treated with much respect. With strong work ethics and open culture , it gives lot of exposure to work with senior members with proposed suggestions which are fairly accepted. I have groomed my professional skills much more than any organisation.
Material Analyst / Process Engineer (Former Employee) – Bengaluru, Karnataka – January 17, 2018
1. Place purchase requisitions, Resolving issues that supplier face to full fill contracted PO. Schedule maintenance for contracted materials. Monitoring 100% on time deliveries. Inventory look up for assigned projects.
2. ERP tool EMS Attachmate is new software which i learnt. Also handling GM supply power. eContract Supplier mailbox.
3. Management gives very much importance to employee safety. "Employee friendly management" is a suitable tag line.
4. Very fun to work. Great work environment.
5. When to many programs get in parallel schedule, tacking supplier schedule was very challenging.
6. Getting to contact all tier 1 suppliers of GM daily who were globally on boarded.