Gap Inc.
Coronavirus update
Information from Gap Inc.:

Gap Inc. Employee Reviews

India9 reviews
Good work place to work but far behind best industry practices and reluctant to cost savings across divisions until recently due to downward spiral in Apparel industry
It's hard to elaborate on a company that has been great to me for the past years. Overall, great people to work with. Management still needs a lot of work. Very poor communication. I've never been so disappointed until this year.

reasons for liking Gap

-very understanding

-great coworkers

-great flexibility (due to little hours)

reasons for disliking Gap

-poor management

-very poor communication skills

-no hours

-too many responsibilities for underpaid job titles

-too many responsibilities that are not for the appropriate job titles
i joined in this company in 2008 and still working . very good company with full good people but looking for a good opportunity to work in Canada. during my working period i experienced many good things.
Connecting with service providers shipping lines freight forwarders & exporters, ensuring correct documents from suppliers, ensuring payments thus maintaining credit lines intact
A highly vibrant and fast paced work environment with tremendous complexity and challenges. Its an environment full of passion for excellence and great sense of ownership and commitment towards deliverables. Transparent and Ethical work culture.
Pros
Work Life Balance, Fair and Transparent Culture
Cons
Career Growth Oppurtunities outside the country at hub locations
Here I am working as a senior fc still I learn all the reports done by department manager ex- we analyse the sale of each and every department amount wise as well as category wise. I also make other reports like track pad report, competitor report etc. I have to take care of vm also under the guidance of vm supervisor.
I do cash closing also in the absence of cashier at closing time.
Fantastic atmosphere to work and deliver results, great people and an amazing leaders who lead by example. There are equal opportunities to all deserved staffs to perform and grow.
Our day starts with our shipment status review and email communications. Then we go to the factories to conduct quality audit, Pre-Production meeting, product Integrity review at factory floor, Train the nominated quality assurance persons in the factory on all GAP SOP's towards attaining empowered factory status. We conduct Online, mid and final inspections as per the GAP AQL standard to ensure good quality product for the end customer. The GAP management gives us lot of opportunities to work with different fabrics and styles. It would be the individual quality personals responsibility to train and bring out the best quality products from the ascertained factories. This gives us more responsibility and opportunity to prove our skill on decision-making and management skills. The workplace culture is more about working as a team and learn each day. The hardest part of the job comes during the peak season when with the minimum staff strength our work hours extends beyond 14 hours in a day. Otherwise, all part of the job is very enjoyable and good to work.
Pros
Team work, responsibility, free hand to take decisions.
Cons
Long extended working hours during peak seasons.
Gap Inc. has very healthy work atmosphere.
Due to bigger team structure, Gap has taught me the team spirit and handling people in a positive manner.