Forcepoint Employee Reviews

VERY TOXIC !! Upper Management and C-Level Staff are Completely Inept !!!
Manager (Former Employee) –  AustinAugust 13, 2019
No Work Life Balance at all - TOXIC !
I no longer work at Forcepoint so I am free to give a completely Honest review. I feel I need to do this so good people like you do not fall prey to Forcepoint's TOXIC work environment.
Several Young people have gone to the Emergency Room thinking they were having heart attacks. Turned out to be extreme stress levels from working at Forcepoint. Management refuses to hire enough people to run the company so instead they are working people to death. You are expected to work long hours, weekends, be oncall and to cancel Family functions. They cannot keep good people. People are leaving in droves.
Upper Management is completely Clueless. Forcepoint is a Disaster. Protect your Health and your Family Life and Steer Clear of this Mess.
The least supportive environment I've had
Software Engineer II (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 6, 2019
I was never given the work I was hired to do. I was side-tracked on other assignments that needed cover in areas where I had to push to learn what I needed to know. In several instances, I was unable to get enough support for the unfamiliarities and I was unsuccessful in my efforts. I would not recommend this company or ever work here again unless the entire management staff was overhauled.
A real poor management support:
Technical Support Engineer l (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 11, 2019
Working at Forcepoint was a very good place for building one’s technical knowledge and experience, and most of the colleagues were supportive and respectful. The management team, on the other hand, became the point and the factor why the Technical Support Engineering department has high turn over of TS engineers. Although, I want to point out that the management’s lack of
support started right after the company’s merging with Raytheon.
It has been a great place to work at
Quality Assurance Engineer II/III (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 18, 2019
Learned alot of technology and experience and expanded my knowledge from working in technical support department as well as in the engineering department as a QA engineer. The best part is quality of people working there.
Potential ruined by incompetent management
Senior Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 7, 2019
I can't speak for all departments, but all managers in my department had near zero technical capabilities while managing technical employees. One didn't even understand how to plug in a monitor to their docking station.

The requirements were set for a manager to have 7+ years of Firewall experience. However, there wouldn't be more than 7 minutes with all of them combined.

I have never experienced such incompetency and unwillingness in management to engage in their duties such as (but not limited to) de-escalating a situation. They would repeatedly shrug off responsibilities and expect their employees to handle anything and everything, even if those tasks would put the business at major legal risk.

The majority of their problems stem from terrible and inefficient management capabilities. Morale was always low and it kept getting weaker by the minute. One manager even had multiple HR violations, which they never bothered taking the effort to fire this employee respectively and grew the toxic culture further. They tried to bring hope to the floor with false promises, only to have expectations shattered each and every time.

There are countless other problems that have occurred outside of just management, but they are the main focus of Forcepoint's problems.
Pros
If you put in tons of effort, colleagues would recognize you and be very helpful.
Cons
Direct Management and higher doesn't care about your existence and efforts that you've put in.
Hard place to work
INSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 20, 2019
Corporation was sold and resulted in a complete corporate shake-down. Lots of people resigned & got fired. It was a growth experience and caused me to be tougher.
Great place to learn, but it was hard to advance
TECHNICAL SUPPORT ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 12, 2019
Title says it all. I learned a lot there, but my desires for advancement /change did sort of fall on deaf ears, despite my excellent performance. May have changed since I've been there. Who knows.
A great place to start
associate tech support engineer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 19, 2019
A great place to start but not a place to build a career. The management is poor, depending on the manager you are either micro managed or they don't give the feedback you need to correct what they consider short comings.
Pros
pto
Cons
management, stress
Chaos
Sales Operations (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 11, 2019
Multiple changes of CRO in just a couple years. Bureaucratic, yet not led well. Tons of wasted effort and support for byzantine process. Not a fun work environment.
Pros
nice location in North Austin
Cons
bureaucracy, process, no fun
A lot of potential & Amazing People
Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasApril 9, 2019
Hands down the people make this company great- there is an open line of communication from top to bottom. Continuous innovation & growth make it a really exciting time to be at Forcepoint- as an employee your opinions & ideas are truly valued- leaving a lot of opportunity for career/ professional growth across all functions. To add to that, benefits are generous and keep getting better year over year.
A company that’s going in the right direction
IT/Sales Corporate Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 3, 2019
I was recently laid off my Forcepoint. However there is a not a negative thing I can say. I was so blessed to be apart of Forcepoint and what they are doing there! Not only a great product but the culture that has surrounded Forcepoint is unparalleled.

I could go on and on about how serisouly great of of a company this is. Take that from someone who was recently laid off my them. If you have an opportunity to work with Forcepoint...take it.
Pros
Everything - an AWESOME company
Cons
Other than being laid off hehe, I can’t think of one still.
Falling apart
Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 13, 2019
Cuts throughout company. Too many managers and not enough workers. Old technology that is not keeping up with changing times.

Heavy workload without much support or methods of escalation. Unachievable metrics. Job constantly feels like it is in jeopardy. High turnover rate.

It is a sinking ship.
Pros
PTO upfront
Cons
Too many micromanagers. Not enough workers. Low pay.
Great Product! Hit-and-Miss Leadership
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 14, 2018
Forcepoint has one the most unique and leading products in the market, providing a long-term company outlook. Leadership in some BUs is outstanding; however, there are a few that are toxic with little to no leadership and only management by fear. Don't discount this company as an employer, just evaluate the BU for fit during the interview process. Attrition is extremely high with 50-70% loss over a year and the average length of employment around 7.5 months- in the IT BU. Check out Glassdoor.
Pros
Fast paced environment provides a lot of experience in a short time
Cons
No work life balance
Decent cyber security company could use a culture improvement
Field Operations (Current Employee) –  AustinNovember 26, 2018
Decent company to start in, but you quickly learn that people aren't "bought" into the culture, which results in a lack of cohesiveness across the org. Hardest part of the job is battling the issues that come with having messy data, most enjoyably part is figuring out the riddle that is the messy data.
Productive Experience
Security Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 19, 2018
Forcepoint is a great place to start and build your individual skill sets, but by my experience is not a place to stay at for more than a couple of years. While there have been significant improvements in some areas such as work-life balance and training; others are still pretty dismal.
Pros
Work-life balance, 401k matching
Cons
Insurance
the job isn't stressful
Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 6, 2018
poor formal training for each technology supported, hard to navigate documentation that isn't very good at explaining how to do things, clueless executives
Pros
reasonably stress free work
Cons
not a lot of support if you run into trouble
Great company if you work in the right department
Sr. Internal Auditor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 1, 2018
Great benefits - competitive pay, 5 weeks PTO (this includes sick time), 10 holidays, annual bonus, 5% 401(k) match, annual salary increases of around 3% are pretty much a guarantee
12 weeks maternity - paternity leave - adoption leave
Bagels on Fridays
Fresh fruit a few days a week
Gym on-site
Quarry Lake walking trail right behind the office
On-site happy hours once a quarter plus a stellar holiday party

If you have the right manager, it's a great company to work for. Ask good questions in the interview - make sure you understand how your manager likes to work
Cons
No cafeteria, no child-care
A mid-sized company fighting hard for market share in a saturated landscape
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 7, 2018
Forcepoint has recently undergone a large shift in the path and culture of the company.

The bad: Massive investments have been spent on many different areas, but the most noticeable is the large amount of money spent on a top heavy (manager heavy | delegation heavy) environment where VPs and above act like their own secret society, and at times adversarial, over their hardest workers -- those that give everything they have to the company with strong performance track records. It's a club, and hard work does not guarantee success here if advancement opportunities are important to you. I enjoy meritocracies where I can leverage my hard work and unmatched performance into higher salaries or title, but Forcepoint wants you to stay in your place. Ambitious people need not apply. The company has made a massive bet that hasn't yet bared fruit, and the numbers aren't anywhere near promises made a year ago.

The good: The CEO is a leader that one wants to follow, though his picks for his VP+ team are very questionable. There are bagel Fridays, ping pong, game consoles, a lake and running track close by. My department largely grants us autonomy to accomplish our tasks and projects. It's not a cult like other tech companies, but not super corporate either. Perfect mix between the two. There are a lot of company activities to participate in as well. The pay is around market rate to get you in, but even as a top performer, the raises and promotions are almost non-existent.
Pros
bagel Fridays, ping pong, game consoles, a lake and running track
Cons
Top heavy, non-meritocratic, non-trusting, VPs and above don't mix well with the people that actually make things happen
Some good managers and a place to gain experience
Associate Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 2, 2018
The product is good, the training is good, people are great. Great lower level managers. The upper level managers are not good. Good place to gain experience with cyber security but don't plan on advancement opportunities.
Pros
Good product, flexible to work-shift needs, great lower management, great parking, easy to get to
Cons
Poor advancement opportunities, upper management limiting job security
Company needs better management
Principal Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Los Gatos, CASeptember 10, 2018
Management were not focused and not targeted on customers well
Many customers were enlightened with legacy technology
But needs more innovative ideas to create new projects

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Forcepoint. Our community is ready to answer.