Fluor Corp.
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

Fluor Corp. Employee Reviews

Showing all 4,899 reviews
I have worked in Fluor and it was a great place to learn things. I have joined as a GET and felt that there were not many opportunities for freshers like me.
Good work environment except for the mask requirement. I will never work for a company who will force the mask mandate. Other than the mask mandate it was a good place to work and good environment and decent work.
Cons
no sick time, and no bereavement, no vacation for the 1st year. Mask mandate.
I would work for Fluor anytime. My first and best overall contacting job! I don't have anything bad to say about Fluor, they were a close knit family oriented company. Like I said, as far as being in the office to being in the field I loved being in the field. I great management. They always provided us what they could.
Pros
Great DFac @Bagram
Cons
Dfac @Bagram
Fue muy agradable encontrar un ambiente de alto nivel profesional pero con un trato agradable. Nunca me sentí presionado pero era evidente que se apreciaba el cumplimiento oportuno y la calidad del trabajo. Me agradó también la disposición a ayudar a solucionar y colaborar en la obtención de los objetivos.
The work loads are heavy driving long work days. The work processes are very restrictive and bureaucratic making work more difficult yet providing little benefit in analysis. Engineering data provided to analysts of very poor quality. Company software and computer systems don't support the work required and are very cumbersome to use.
Pros
pay
Cons
Long hours, bureaucracy, limited training
Having worked for them twice, it took the second time to see them for what they are. Regardless of their size, they are a typical construction company with a small construction company mentality, that expects loyalty from its workers but shows them none in return. Unless you're buddies with someone of course :) They lay people off without warning and won't bring them back when they tell them they will. They have been using the Covid epidemic to clean house and shrink staffing but so have other places. Not the worst place to work but go in with your eyes open and don't expect much from them.
Pros
Salary if you're on a project
Cons
High expectations from staff, layoffs without warning, corporate head office is having money issues
Fluor India pays fairly well with good benefits and vacation. Nice place among other EPCs to work as there's a lot to learn in big projects they carry out and we get enough time to get it done relaxedly. Very supportive upper management.
Pros
Every alternate week Friday is also off
Cons
Delhi weather is cold in winter
Very nice environment, good equipment and furnishings. The layoffs quickly follow work load and they do not rehire those laid off before opening up to new applicants.
First plant job. Worked with some really good people, none of them management or safety. Seems like they over hire then look for reasons to fire people. If you can get with a foreman that likes you then you might get req'd in on another job.
First day of the week, with HSE and Core values meet Floor by floor of the building. Learned an open communication with them most likely to Project Management Team
Cons
about an hour
What I've always gotten hired by one on one . It depends on your procedures points. I didn't know that people come and people go. But at the same time I understand the whole game . Working the contract & it's alot of money they're investing in your end game.
Pros
Take care see you soon
Cons
Different contractors trying to always get you fired .
It's a big company, so lots of disorganization in upper management. But for someone wanting to start their career, this could be a good place to learn about the industry.
Pros
9/80 work schedule
Cons
Depending on project, potential overtime (but get paid)
Well paid but stressful. If you show promise you are promoted but often without adequate support or training. Ability to move into different departments.
Pros
Large organisation, well structured
Cons
Hard to achieve a work/life balance
Great safety standards, communication, management, equipment to perform job and task, as far as paperwork and document control excellent, attitude between coworkers and management good
A typical day at work is arriving to a quiet office (corporate), secured and friendly. The culture is strong and on point with the work, learned that you are on your own to advance, the culture is strong and diverse, independent and open to new ideas, a real mix of strategies. The most enjoyable part of the job is the flexibility, the vacation plan as it accrues, the charitable functions, the giving to the community local and internationally. The onsite gym is a plus! Health benefits are standard to the industry, the retirement plan as well.
Pros
Onsite gym. Free parking.
Cons
Heavy traffic mid day in the area for shopping and restaurants.
Had great experience with the company and I was treated very well at this company. Had no problems at all and I learned a lot every day from different people
My experience is that most of the people at the design and engineering level are great to work with, will help with the processes that are unique to the company and usually fun while hard working. The problem I see is that the management seems either isn't aware of the work involved in to complete a project or are afraid to charge adequate hours at the clients causing budgets to get over run, which in turn upsets clients and makes it difficult to get return work from clients. The good is that job security is pretty good, there are a lot of people with 15-45 years with the company, and while there are sometimes layoffs during periods that are slow, they tend to try to rehire people. There is an unsaid expectation to work extra hours without overtime pay when necessary, although if you are on a big enough project paid overtime may be approved.
Pros
Cool People, Job Security
Cons
Management, Growth can be slow
I worked for Fluor in Afghanistan so thats the low marks for work/life balance however that should be expected in that environment. Great company, really enjoyed my time with Fluor would highly recommend them to anyone willing to work.
Pros
Great company, great pay, good management
Cons
Overseas work
I worked as Welding and Inspection Manager on the RAPID Project as a part of the PMO on the Petronas Project in Johor Province in Malaysia.

Fluor led a safe and high quality culture, promoting these attributes with their subcontractors to deliver their works on schedule.
It is a fun place to work for with great work Ethics. They have a great reporting structure and very much room to grow. The staff at Flour are deadline driven.
Pros
Have a Friday offs every month
Cons
They are strict on their deadlines and time management
I have worked with flour for long time off and on once job done have to find your next one I have liked every job except the last one and it wasn’t flour that mad it bad it was the management that made it bad flour is good company but there is bad in everyone company but it seems the last job was just not managed right