Finish Line Employee Reviews

Showing all 2,540 reviews
Best shoe company I’ve ever worked for.
Assistant Manager/Sales (Current Employee) –  Orange Park, FLMay 21, 2019
If you love shoes and meeting new people, then finish line is the job for you. Working for Finishline was one of the greatest experience I’ve ever had. I highly recommend anybody that is great in customer service to join the Finish Line team.
Great
Tilt Tray Sorter Associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 19, 2019
This place is great to work if you want a fast paced environment. The money is good and the benefits are good. I liked mt time here and I was comfortable in my time here.
Not paid enough for the work you do
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 15, 2019
Good management but doesn’t pay enough for the work and stress you are put thru. The hours are inconsistent and the shifts are long or short if you have family wouldn’t recommend it
Retail
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAMay 15, 2019
Oppurtunity to further your customer service
Less opportunity to move up or promote
Minimum or near minimum wage
easy
Shoe store training
Maintaining goals as a sales associate
Fun job
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 15, 2019
Fashion is always changing, and Finish Line changes with it. The job changes everyday. There is a lot that the job requires, so there is some thing to keep you busy.
Good company
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Mercedes, TXMay 14, 2019
Best thing about the job is that you can wear anything in the back of store. The day was consistent with many shipment of boxes of shoes. Managers would give me a work paper to write down shipment numbers and the description of the shoe. The other associates were kind, friendly, and funny to be around with. It wasn't hard but time is where it made it hard.
Pros
30% off shoes
Cons
No discount on Retros or Boost related
Fun
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMay 14, 2019
Finishline is a great place to start if you're interested in footwear and sports. The environment is always very positive and full of energy. The pay just isn't up to par.
Productive Work Environment
Stock Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 14, 2019
The culture of this company is to help the customer as much as possible. Every meeting or change was structured around how the team could further please the customer. Most companies want to focus on maximizing profit. The only true way to maximize profits is not through marketing strategies, but to engage with the customer in a way that they will only want to buy sneakers from your location.
Pros
The work environment is not uptight and strict
Cons
Holidays were crowded and a little overbearing at times
Productive place for all walks of life to grow
Manager in Training (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 11, 2019
Finishline has a culture that I believe is hard to be matched. I met many mentors and who helped develop my customer service and organizational skills. In return I worked at 4 stores where I helped do the same for others.
Not too bad for people looking for an extremely laid back work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COMay 10, 2019
My other coworkers didn't always do a lot and I carried a brunt of the work when I was on my shift. My store manager wasn't even 5 years older than me and he was the oldest one working at the store. I was 18.
Great with Flexibility
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAMay 3, 2019
There is a lot of flexibility working at finishline especially if you’re in school. Some of the people there are cool to work with. Something that is very annoying is that the managers and leads are constantly changing. Within the first couple of weeks I worked at Finish Line there had been a change of manager and two leads had left. There hasn’t been a single person in the manager position that has stayed permanently for over a year.
Pros
Flexible Hours, great people to work with
Cons
No breaks more often than not, schedule is never sent out on timely manner
Decent First Retail Job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAApril 24, 2019
Laid back environment, but lacks a lot of structure within the company. Too many changes constantly happening make it hard to follow their standards..
relaxed work environment
Stock Person/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHApril 24, 2019
very laid back, go with the flow type of job. I was stocking mare often than not. A regular day at finish line would've been full of music, and competitive friends. the best part about the job was the schedule was fluid and everybody was willing to help each other with everything. the worst part about it was everyone in there were friends outside of work so sometimes arguments appeared over respect and how people spoke to each other inside work.
Pros
fluid schedule
Cons
no benefits
Stressful and lots of a headache
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAApril 24, 2019
If you want a job where you are under Macys supervision and have to turn in your schedules to them every week. I guess this is the job for you. The store is always having an issue with theft and its more of a middle or high school setting with the associates around you. I enjoyed working for them but for the epay it is not worth the headache. You have multiple hats you have to wear your doing shipment, scheduling, payroll, HR, interviewing, you cannot fire anyone without DM approval, and their is a bunch of paperwork. Your also in charge of doing your own inventory.
Pros
The customers always coming back to get your help
Cons
Management, pay and hours
store manager
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COApril 23, 2019
I loved working at finish line it was one of my favorite jobs I thought I would never leave retail, until my voice was heard and the store manger called me several disrespectful names in front of customers, I didn't want to leave my team but the CEO didn't do anything about our store Manager until I left the Company, I was offered to come back but found a better paying job in the mix
finish line
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSApril 23, 2019
i learned how to work in tough situations and to manage my time.
i enjoyed that i made new friends and new conversation. everyone was friendly and easy to get along with.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
n/a
No place to work
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN 46235April 22, 2019
Seeking a position as a warehouse associate at Company X to apply my physical strength, organizational skills, and general problem-solving knowledge. To obtain a position as a warehouse employee at Company X to help streamline the ordering and distribution process through my ability to learn quickly on the job.
No balance between work and life
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 22, 2019
I genuinely enjoyed working for Finishline. Overtime, it began to interfere with my home and social life. They pay their employees too little for all of the hard work and time that they put in.
Great work place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Piqua, OHApril 22, 2019
I love working at finish line. They have a lot of great apparel and also a wide variety of shoes. I have worked at finish line for over a year and I love my co workers and the environment.
Nice place to work, just needs a little nore stability internally.
Supply Chain (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 19, 2019
I would recommend this job and work here again, just not as a temp employee. The overall experience of being the was a good one and my coworkers made the job even better.