Esterline Employee Reviews

J'ai été bien encadré
Stage pratique (Former Employee) –  Bourges (18)September 22, 2018
Pendant mon stage, j'ai assisté les techniciens de maintenance a poser des tapis ESD et j 'ai réparé des moteurs électriques
fun work place
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Brea, CASeptember 11, 2018
fun work place to work for- very professional atmosphere - senior management team pleasant people to work with - plenty of overtime for hourly work employees
Pros
good experience
Cons
good experience
Excellent Employer
Senior Trade Compliance Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 9, 2018
Wide variety of challenges. The space for career growth is unparelled. The United States Department of State has deemed their compliance program as "world class", and I tend to agree.
Unhealthy work place
V.P. of Engineering (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CASeptember 8, 2018
Poor management and culture. There is no focus on future growth of the company by looking at Technolgy for the future. The company was based on Engineering, and today the stradegy has changed and there is no value for engineering and R&D.
Mediocre
Program manager (Current Employee) –  St Laurent, QCSeptember 5, 2018
Esterline CMC is filled with great people that are unfortunately being overseen by very poor executive leadership, lack of direction and communication.
Great salary but little chance for advancement
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCAugust 14, 2018
great pay but the work environment has gotten quite toxic in the past years.
Pros
great salary benefits and vacation time
Cons
toxic environment
Good place to work in the area
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Platteville, WIAugust 10, 2018
The work is not the best, but the people you work with are great. I can see the company improving in the near future. The Platteville are does not have much to offer however.
Great benefits, pay, no expunged felony records of any kind!
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  East Camden, ARAugust 10, 2018
I really liked the job. At times it was stressful, but nothing more than you can handle. You are expected to carry your weight and if you don't, they tell you. Benefits are excellent! Decent paychecks. Can't work here if you've ever had a felony conviction, EVEN IF IT'S EXPUNGED for years!!
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
At times, alot of hours, not working with expunged felony records
Depends on what you're looking for
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAAugust 9, 2018
This is a great and horrible place to work, depending on what you are looking for. For me, it is great because my hours are fairly flexible, and I can work from home if needed. The company functions by just putting out fires, and has very poor continuous improvement. They teach it, but do not act on it. There is zero follow through. If you look at the company on paper, it may look pretty good, but you can't judge a book by its cover. On the inside there are major issues, and absolutely no accountability. Mostly because of certain people, others want to do the right thing. People who work hard are under paid an unappreciated, and people, who come in, flick their boogers, and leave are just collecting. Bullies are not reprimanded, so if you don't have thick skin you will be ran over by a train. I stay for the flexibility, I have some good friends here, the hope things will get better, and I love what I do.
Pros
Flexible for some, great place to start career
Cons
No accountability, unappreciated, cheap
Productive great place to work
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Coachella, CAAugust 6, 2018
There was a lot of work & if you were interested you would be able to take training courses.I loved that it was a 4/10 work week, 4 days a week 10 hour days . I enjoyed making parts for the defense of our country & doin the preventative maintenance on the machines.I got hazwoper training & C.P.R. Training ,also power washing training.
Pros
Had training classes to learn new stuff & get certified.
Cons
The pay could be better for being a government job.
Good company to work for
Senior Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 6, 2018
Responsible for planning, design and fabrication of aircraft control panels using EUCLID Solid Modeling Program which reduce the cost from design to order fulfillment for the company. Management compensation was adequate. Management had issues with non productive engineers.
Being able to keep work performance production
MOLDER (Former Employee) –  Castaic, CAJuly 25, 2018
Wrapping mandrels. In less then 15 minutes to make a full heats loading in and out the mold from the machine. Took me 2 weeks to master my ability to get quicker wrapping the product. Just to gathered my wrapping and speed to a moment of time to master in my position as a molder at esterline.
Career Progression and Workforce Development
Senior Director, Engineering (Current Employee) –  Brea, CAJuly 20, 2018
Great corporation to work for and plenty of opportunities for growth within other companies under the Esterline organization. The corporation has a great people philosophy and treats employees with respect.
Pros
People philosophy
Productive but not a place if your looking to progress in your career
Design & Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Stillington, North YorkshireJuly 11, 2018
Good company to work for, staff friendly and helpful and polite and a constant rate of work available.

On the other hand management do not take an interest in those they supervise. Very narrow and small minded no looking forward to future development activities. Once a contract is lost they take it as a slight and do not fight for the work and expect customers to come to them rather than them contacting customers constantly.
Pros
Over time paid
Cons
Very poor managment
Product worker
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Desert Hot Springs, CAJuly 5, 2018
The work at esterline was very interesting I would most definitely recommend it to people who are interested in government contract work. It's a really good job.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Not enough compassion for co-workers
Unreasonable management
HRIS/LMS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAJune 27, 2018
Management is no support and are all "yes" people when asked to jump. Regardless of how unreasonable a request may be, they don't mind since they pawn things off on others.
Great Company
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Sugar Grove, ILJune 26, 2018
Working for CMC Electronics-Esterline felt like family. Great work/family balance. Being a remote site, there was not much verticality and the opportunity for advancement was limited.
Na
Electronic Assembler (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CAJune 24, 2018
I was employed at Esterline for almost 40 years and they offered me consistent employment for long enough for me to consider it a blessing. I never imagined I would be work there for long, but I'm glad I was able to have consistent work and financial stability.
No room for advancement
Fabricator/Die (Current Employee) –  Frankenmuth, MIJune 20, 2018
Hard workers have to work harder to make up for the slackers without compensation.
Management does not handle problems, avoids at all costs, until it's too late.
Pros
Paid lunches
Cons
Favoritism
monotonous work, but highly paid and very good benefit package
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  St Laurent, QCJune 14, 2018
Pros

-good salary & benefit
-coworker are helpful and friendly
-technical lead are easy to access and will provide support when needed

Cons

-repetitive work
-bad management
-outdated technology
-resistance to improvement
-highly recommended/mandatory overtime
-pressure from management to reach dateline which has been poorly planned