ESCO Group Employee Reviews

Not a great work environment
CNC Operator (Former Employee) –  Covington, KYApril 23, 2019
Extremely hot. Pay is great, co-workers.... Not so much. Very unprofessional and only out for themselves. Management was a joke and only seemed to care for certain employees.
Pros
The pay
Cons
Everything else
seems good, but isn't
Car Salesman (Former Employee) –  Evergreen, COMarch 18, 2019
hired me for 2 weeks just to lay me off because it's "too slow", watch out for this company as it completely wasted my time and efforts that I put in.
Pros
pay
Cons
everything else
Esco
Senior Safety Trainer (Current Employee) –  Marion, IAFebruary 15, 2019
Pros: Easy working hours when you're in the office.
Cons: When there is an opportunity to set a schedule that works best for the trainer, the boss goes ahead and sets the schedule for you that he thinks is best.
No opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Easy working hours in the office.
Cons
Listed above
Empresa Ética e Séria
Gestor de Vendas (Former Employee) –  Minas GeraisFebruary 7, 2019
Empresa com excelente ética corporativa, bem situada no mercado, com salários e benefícios adequados ao seu perfil de atividades e similaridade com demais concorrentes, porém com grandes oportunidades de melhoria no seu clima organizanizacional e padronização dos processos.
Pros
Salários + benefícios e boa situação no Mercado
Cons
Clima Organizacional e falta de padronização de processos
productive
sand tech (Current Employee) –  Newton, MSJanuary 2, 2019
work for esco is fair. The people that are hired at esco are well interviewed and well trained the work environment could use a little working on air quality could improve
only job i ever had untill they sold out worked there 20 years
Operator/ supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bowie, TXDecember 30, 2018
wheny they sold out me and another guy ran the yard in hobbs new mexico we had 5-7 rigs running all the time usually 2-3 running 24hrs 7 days a week,we made sure rigs had supplies they needed, got invoices signed

enjoyed working with the people i worked with and around id probably still be there if they hadnt sold, but everything happens for a reason

im ready to start my way somewhere else would like to eventually run
tools sometime in the next year or so i know im gonna have to work my way back up to it at a new company, but i welcome the challenge
Pros
good people to work for
Cons
nothing bad to say
Fun workplace
General Foreman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Marion, IAOctober 10, 2018
Good place to work. Took care of there employees. Always had good employee lunches which the employees appreciated. Was steady work in a good environment.
Quality products
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 9, 2018
Made good quality products. Decentralized decision making and somewhat disjointed. Little training, but it forced you to learn quickly. Decent people.
Good when i was there
Senior Applications Developer (Former Employee) –  portland, oregonSeptember 24, 2018
Good when i was there in IT till 2013. workplace culture was great, good teamwork. hard part was that we needed more transparency from management. enjoyable part was the people - highly competent and smart
No direction, no communication
International Logistics Compliance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 11, 2018
While the pay is competitive, the culture is vile. The management is very much in the mindset of delegate work and steal the credit. Recently purchased by an oversees company.
Stressful, aleays worried about job security
Metal Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 9, 2018
Favoritism is rampant at this company. 2 men can be doing the same thing and only 1 is reprimanded for his actions. If the boss liked you, you had more room to do what you wanted or get the jobs that were inside rather than the jobs outside in the heat. When it came to productivity, the work that I did, I loved what I did. I took pride in what I did and felt satisfied after every shift. Unfortunately some workers will try everything in their power to drive those new workers out. They succeeded quite often.
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
Favoritism, being treated less than because i wasn't a welder.
Not bad
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 5, 2018
The WMS system is outdated which makes operating accurately more difficult. Overall the facility is clean and runs smoothly. The hardest part of the job is getting familiar with the product.
Pros
401k match, paid holidays, occasional lunch provided
Cons
HR is in Portland, occasional Saturdays are required
Great work
Grinder/Fitter/Welder (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 18, 2018
Great place to work and the compensation was great as well. You work four ten hour days and an eight hour shift on your fifth day and the pay is great!
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Lay off rate high
Managment gets worse every year.
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  newton msAugust 13, 2018
When I started, Esco Newton was a decent place to work. We had a decent manager and the people were fun to work with. nobody minded the long hours because we liked each other. Now its just cut throat. Managers and supervisors are clueless about the process. they hire warm lump of meat off the street to fill a role. they do not listen to feed back from the floor when and if they ever come to the floor. Management preaches moral boosting but every decision they make brings these guys down just that much lower.
Helper (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 1, 2018
Great place for sure absolutely. It’s a definitely a good place to be I just want to be working other places and having new experiences in the work force
Plenty of room to move up if you want more responcability
Grinder (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 1, 2018
I really enjoyed working for this company and felt that feeling of job security and always felt there was lots of room to move up in my work positions thoe it was competitive.Safety and safety meeting were very important to just about everyone I worked with and it was easy to mention to someone if I saw them being unsafe.
Pros
Able to work plenty of overtime and weekends
Cons
Short lunch.Very hot inside the foundry allways.
Sandblaster and grinder
Sandblaster (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 1, 2018
The Timeline for Raises, Bonuses, or Promotions
I’m really enjoying my position and growth within the company. What timeline are you thinking about in terms of raises or promotions, and what can I do to get there?”
Management focused on cutting costs to sell company
Advanced Materials Research Scientist (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 28, 2018
The senior management, particularly the former CEO, was focused on selling the privately owned company. This resulted in the closure of a large number of overseas production plants and the outsourcing of large portions of their product line. Additionally, their research and development of new materials for their product line was closed down and a number of metallurgists laid off leaving few for quality control of the outsourced product line.
Pros
interesting projects
Cons
extreme cost cutting and lack of job stability
Fast pace
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Covington, KYJune 27, 2018
No advancement. Fast pace. Crazy hours. Wanted more and more from you. Barley got a pay increase every year. Must work weekends. Really high turn over rate.
Cons
Crazy hours
Started out great... didn't end that way
Welder (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 19, 2018
When I started I loved the company. I worked every Saturday for the first three years I was there, happily. Thing went down hill fast the last three years though. They stopped valuing their employees and ultimately ended up closing their flagship foundry where I worked.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ESCO Group. Our community is ready to answer.