Destination XL Group Employee Reviews

Laid Back Uplifting Work Environment
Stock Room Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 5, 2018
If you were to work at DXL, you would need to be able to do simple things like fold clothes according to the folding model they use, hang up clothes with the appropriate tags that are associated with the item as well as be able to talk to customers respectfully when needed. Be able to make conversation and engage with a customer in order to make the sell.
Pros
Clean work enviroment and amazing co-workers and managers!
Cons
None Really
Great place to meet new people and assist guests with clothing needs. Management needs work.
Stock Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAOctober 11, 2018
Everything is micromanaged. Amazing to work with the guests and how happy they are with your help but keep in mind your sale numbers. Constant training with product knowledge and how to speak with a guest.
Pros
Amazing guests, friendly people, dress professional yet stylish
Cons
Micromanaged, a lot of training year round
Don't do it
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  MichiganSeptember 11, 2018
It was an interesting experience and they love to wine and dine you with their training program, but I hated working 50 hours a week for no raise. You can figure out pretty early on in training exactly what you are walking into.
Change
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Canton, MASeptember 10, 2018
There is a lot of change and a lot of unwilling to change. Just keep your head down and do what you are told. Management is always changing. In with the new and out with the old. Some days are harder than others. If you need a job DXL is okay. But currently not so great.
Pros
Early release on Fridays
Cons
Bad Directions and understanding from Management
Great Beginning Job
Wardrobe Consultant (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CASeptember 3, 2018
I worked at DXL Temecula, and it was a great job, while I was in school. My management was always encouraging and professional. Environment was healthy and productive. Hardest part of the job was the grumpy customers, but my manager always had my back
Unsafe work place
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Commerce, GAJuly 31, 2018
Left alone 3/4 of the time with large men. Couldn’t leave to go get lunch if you were working alone. Had to run to bathroom because you’re working alone and can’t lock the door
Cons
Couldn’t leave for lunch
It’s alright
Stock Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 29, 2018
Pretty much the same thing day in day out. Some people talk behind your back and some don’t. Not much to it really. It’s not the worst place but I wouldn’t recommend a friend there.
Fast paced store
Store Manager/Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJuly 26, 2018
The store is a plus size men's store. There is an on site tailor. The store requires a certain amount of sales and a certain amount of items per transaction in order to work in their store. There was always pressure to perform high which made it a stressful environment to work in.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Pushed to follow their way of selling with every customer transaction.
Great place for team building
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CAJuly 21, 2018
Great group of people, fun, fast paced experience. Customer service like no other. Training is very thorough, customers are treated like a guest in your home, being given solutions to their clothing needs
Pros
room for advancement
Cons
some slow sales days
stressful
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Current Employee) –  Canton, MAJuly 5, 2018
advancement is hardly ever

schedule change will never happen

management is horrible

favoritism is extremely over baring

very unprofessional

requesting time off is the hardest task ever
Just fun to work @ DXL
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJuly 5, 2018
Love the Job
Learned the customers needs after very great training
Manager was ok
Culture great
Nothing hard if you like what you doing
To interacted with our customers get them what they need great option and live with a :)
Pros
Great company
Cons
N/a
na
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  IowaJuly 2, 2018
random words why am i doing this, what purpose does it serve, i just want to find a new job, so im gonna keep typing until it lets me pass this screen,
Overall it is a nice place to work
Guest Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 14, 2018
Working with this company has it fun moments but also it's stressful moments. It is a good job if you're a college student looking for a temp job or even just to have as a second job
average company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Cedar Hill, TXJune 7, 2018
The company has changed since I worked there. Therefor I cannot give an accurate review how things are. When I joined the company it was very new, and still creating policies.
Family oriented workplace
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAMay 29, 2018
In the beginning of my time here I was very excited to work and I was happy to get to work and do my very best to contribute to the team. However management from an internal level changed and things became tense and tumultuous and although I still wanted to contribute and help right the ship, it became more difficult. Things are in a much better place now and what was once fractured now feels but back together
Very professional work environment.
Retail Management (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 28, 2018
Everyone is very business driven and professional along with making sure all our customers are treated with world class service. We at DXL follow a service model that not only greets the customers when they walk in but we want them to feel at home in the store.
Great Concept for store but terrible management
Guest Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 24, 2018
The best part of the job was the customers (minus the few creeps that found it funny to hit on the young ladies). Worst part: Management. They treat you as your job title. Meaning if you're just a cashier (or as they fancy it up, a "Guest Services Associate") then you're treated as the bottom of the barrel
Vivid and growing environment.
Merchandise Coordinator (Current Employee) –  North Olmsted, OHMay 20, 2018
A typical day at work starts at 3 p.m in the afternoon just before the rush hour. I clock in through the portal and print Store Net for customers' orders and wait to be check in for the plan set for the day. Afterwards, I start or continue to work on my shipment in the stockroom or in the front end of the store and help direct the customers in the right direction for their arrival into the store.
Pros
great team
Cons
no benefits for part-time
Moderate place of work
Guest Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAMay 9, 2018
A typical day of work at Destination XL consisted of restocking the store, cleaning it very regularly, and interacting with customers. My co workers were pleasant to work with.
Not a straight forward company.
VP of Global Sourcing & Product Development (Former Employee) –  Canton, MAApril 25, 2018
The top three guys all received bonuses while nobody else in the company received any. This was not ethical...to promise something but do another. They have a hard time keeping good people.