Defence Research and Development Organization

Defence Research and Development Organization Employee Reviews

India178 reviews
Amazing environment to work in and good employers to work with. This place teaches you many things and makes you able to tackle things in a different way and you get chance to work for government.
It is very proud to work there. The have demonstrated the current projects of Indian Defence system. It was really happy for us to working with Indian scientists.
Awesome place to learn from the beginning, and also a nice environment to adjust to a new place if you get a chance must go. you feel great to join such a great organization.
Office operations postal handling computer works record keeping
There are free kind of nature works in ministry of defence defence material stores research and development establishment GT ROAD KANPUR
Pros
Defence
Cons
Ministry of defence
Being an intern, it was fun working with great and inspiring innovators of DRDO. Learnt skills required for my profession. Work-life balance is pretty good. Helpful teams. Nice working environment.
I will recommend people to get job there.Nice and very competitive place to work. Stress free work. Colleagues are very collaborative there. Good environment.
I was well satisfied with mu Job and working environment
provided me oppurtunities for further study and training

the management is very supportive

the hardest part is government procedures

workplace culture is excellent
Good environment good place good facility good office good sir to help with you all timi any time your problem having solved under the 10 minitues .
Guide guided me how to work and manage all the work, they give me all the data and manual and I perform my work. Titration work, sampling work, managing all reports in file as per min. From starting point of experiments to end up..
Management was good.

Work timing was good.

Saturday and Sunday off.

I was on contract.

Phones are not allowed in campus.

Food are good. Snacks provided
There are several research areas in which DRDO is working depending upon your requirement and interest for which you are looking.
There are different labs in DRDO, depending upon your qualification and there requirement hiring process took place.
Happy to work here as it my hometown. Very friendly staff, ready to help. Playground for sports was good. One of the good government organizations in Hyderabad.
A good place for interns , but i would advise against people from taking temporary positions within the lab. Its a good place to learn for people new to the field
It is a great organisation to work with.It gives winds to your ideas and a right place for budding engineers and scientists. It provides right platform for enthusiastic individuals.
Pros
Very good work life balance
Cons
Pyramidical structure
Working for the Indian defence is the greatest achievement of the life. The environment is very supportive and friendly. The scientists and workers help and work collabretively to accomplish the work to the betterment in defence.
Productive workplace with a lot of scope for progress and growth. Focused on research and good work like balance. Highly recommended for someone with family.
It was a great knowledgeful and good learning experience over there. It helped me to develop new professional skills. The workplace culture, management and utilization of everything was incredible in DRDO.
I have been working at Defence Research & Development Organisation part-time for more than 3 years Will get chance to learn new technologiesEasy and convenient job profile. Good exposure to technology and plenty of time for competitive exams
Pros
A good learning technique, Very good infrastructure for research, The supportive environment and Challenging problems.
Cons
Rest everything was okay. As per my view, resource utilization needs to be improved a bit. Promotion is time-based, so even after doing great work you will have to wait to get promotion
The work was excellent. but because of the work over there, i had to leave. But the work there was discipline and the pay was very good. i enjoyed working there
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
8hour duty time
everything is excellent. we learned more and more in this organisation and instrumentation.
this organisation are give u lots of things to learned about all
I was intern there and I had so much fun working with scientists and learnt a lot from them since they have so much knowledge and still they are eager to learn new things and experimenting their knowledge.
Mentor will help you and call you every day if the mentor really want to teach you and give you something.

If mentor is not good and not have time then they will call you once in week n then you will not learn anything from them n that is like you just bought your project from there.

If mentor is not right n not gives time then try to change mentor otherwise everything is good

but there you have to explore and research as much as you can for better result and learning project.
Pros
Fun work life
Cons
They don't have enough time to give to intern .
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Defence Research and Development Organization. Our community is ready to answer.
4.4