DBS Bank

DBS Bank Management reviews

India79 reviews
It was a small team, we worked with a sense of purpose and camaraderie. One of the main challenges was the branch network, we had only eight branches in India at that time (2013-14), and only one in eastern India. It was fun convincing clients to start banking with us irrespective of the absence of a big network of branches and ATMs. As a result each and every client we acquired was served with utmost care, professionalism and empathy. The most satisfying part was when an existing client expressed satisfaction with us and further gave us some good references among his/her colleagues and friends. Word of mouth was our biggest and only advertisement, at that time DBS India had not yet started advertising in print or television. And the most challenging part was striking balance between new time spent on acquisitions and serving existing clients and keeping them happy.
I learned international trade finance, particularly dealing with documentary credit, facilitating export receipts and import payments.
As it was a small team , the Management was quite accessible and could be approached for support, with queries and the occasional suggestions.
Pros
Local Conveyance reimbursement, house rent allowance, weekday offs
AP Team sits very long hours. It's not MNC Culture. Senior-level managers watch always how many times leaving the seat. At what time he/she is going etc. Don't see the performance. They see only how much time spending time at the office.
Happy to work in DBS

Hikes also Good

Cultural Activities are Good

Team outings are good
Cons
Package is good but no such scope of growth. Management are not that good as they dont want to listen problems and only revenue centric. Customer feedback are also not that good.
No Respect to colleagues, Managers treat juniors as their slaves. Do not ehave proper plan, vision. Your salary goes to others person. Managers are monarchs.
Great office in Mumbai with friendly and helpful employees. Employee engagement efforts and taken by management and HR to provide a conducive working environment.
Its a great place to work with and has a good work culture. DBS has flexible work hours and Work from Home Benefits.

The management and the benefits are extremely good and employee centric.

Great Place to Be
Wonderful place and steep learning curve. The firm provides great opportunities to lead projects of strategic importance to the bank, and take full accountability to even younger management personnel.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the work life balance and flexibility offered to the employees. The movement from one designation to another is also quite smooth and there are no issues in the managers as well.
Learning to work in a dynamic and growing bank is something which I personally learned from this organisation. They are quite structured and well organised.
Pros
Work life balance and employee benfits
Cons
Little bit of vision in senior management
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at DBS Bank?
Management needs to create good work culture for technical persons.
Your immediate manager or the senior most person in the organisation are not able to improve the organisation culture.

I will never recommend anyone to join this organisation.
Pros
Free Cab
Cons
Rest Everything
Stressful but indulge in learning. Most of the management is tech savvy which encourages technical and startup culture across the organisation.
Work life balance is not there but mostly are digital projects hence much scope to learn latest technologies.
Pros
Learning
Cons
work life balance
It is good place to work Lot of benefits when compared to other companies.Supportive culture and great place to work at dbs.
Management is promising good in many aspects.
It was a great place to work. Workplace culture was also nice.. I learned allot about banking operations, Risk management, Know You Customer procedure, Debit Card handling, dispute management etc. Management was great.It was also a fun place to work.
Good Company with Great Vision and Mission
Good Work Culture and Employee Oriented

Supportive Management
Innovative Technical Employees
Top Management is very supportive and motivate
This is great chance to improve. The bank was set up by the Government of Singapore in July 1968 to take over the industrial financing activities from the Economic Development Board. Today, its branches numbering more than 100 can be found island-wide. DBS Bank is the largest bank in South East Asia by assets and among the larger banks in Asia, with total assets of S$482 billion as at 31 Dec 2016. It has market-dominant positions in consumer banking, treasury and markets, asset management, securities brokerage, equity and debt fund-raising in Singapore and Hong Kong.
I had joined DBS with a lot of hope. Unfortunately, there was no direction shown from senior management neither was anyone ready to take any responsibility.
Pros
Salary
Cons
long hours, no credit
Day starts with quick movements of files to the credit.
Morning time is very Busy.

At Dbs I learned to work with team and finish the work within feasible time with good relation with team members.

Management is good, it provides good facilities to its employees.
At Dbs work culture is good, everyone enjoys the work with fun and hard work.

At Dbs there is quite pressure. Late seating is very common.

At Dbs team is good, everyone work with pressure but also create fun and jokes at workplace.
Pros
Pick and drop service to and from station
Cons
Long hours and less salary
It's a good bank with ethics and compliance adhered . They just need to come up with few more products and branches to compete with other bank management is good and visionary
The company has open culture, great workplace with personal values.
New senior management is working towards bringing change.
Hardest part is too many layers and approval culture.

Company gives you freedom to perform
Pros
Open Culture
Cons
New Senior Management settling
The management is good and doing a good work
work life balance is also good
good work culture,

work time is very rigid as it is a bank and strict on working time
Pros
lot of pros
Cons
no cons
DBS being my first workplace is very close to my heart. I have learnt to interact with customers on day to day basis, serve the customers by meeting their basic banking requirements and Managed in-person, over-the-phone & email inquiries in a timely manner to ensure client satisfaction.
I have learned team work,handling pressure as well as time management. DBS is a great place to work and I could maintain a balance between both professional and personal life.
The most enjoyable part was meeting new people each day and building long lasting relationships with the clients. However, I did not enjoy the sales profile and hence quitted my job at DBS. But yes DBS has taught me a lot about the corporate world and I am willing to take any challenge henceforth for my personal and professional development.
Pros
fixed working hours, nice atmosphere, celebrating all festivals
Cons
sales pressure