DBS Bank

DBS Bank Employee Reviews

I have join dbs on 9th march2020 as a cpe we are open digital salary acount and during the lockdown dbs more focus on insurance in terms of revenue and we sale the insurance every month and try to achive my target
Good co to work withNiceGood mgmtAmazing officeHR policies are goodLeaves are goodLot to learn for someone switching to MNC#################################################
Pros
Health benifits, perks, Work life, HR policies, culture
Cons
Beaurocratic
My jobscope was changed suddenly on my first day of work. I did not have the expertise and experience in the new role. Ex-boss was racist and only cared for his staff who had the same nationality as him. I was treated unfairly. I was involved in 24 hr work shift, doing production support. I was asked to work in the afternoon shift from 2 pm to 11 pm. I was not allowed to make transport claim after work. Then I realised that I was the only one who could not make the transport claim. My ex-colleagues who worked in the same shift as me, could claim their taxi fares. I asked my ex-boss about this discrepancy. He denied whatever he had said. This is not the only instance when I was treated unfairly. And I am a Singaporean, while he was only holding a Work Pass Permit. I am one of the 3 Singaporeans under him. The rest are all Work Permit Holders from the same country. I wanted to complain to HR but I could not as I was a contract staff.
Pros
Free coffee from vending machine
Cons
Toxic boss and working environment
Contractors would be treated like a work slaves. Employees are expected to work on weekends. They take it granted without concerning about developers burnt-out
Cons
Stressful work life
Great working environment, fair and good opportunity given. People are overall friendly and helpful. They have a very good technology initiatives suited for modern banking
Bank was very good and work culture also good but not productive as other bank not good for new learner, there is no one ask for creativity and trying to complete the job within the TAT. Everyone just want to enjoy in DBS culture. One more thing there are HR department are very strong.
Suatu pekerjaan di bank sebagai karyawan harus extra hati hati dengan masalah yang di hadapi oleh calon nasbah tersebut dan membandingkan fitur dalam bank tersebut di era digital.jadi sebagai karyawan kita harus paham era digital smua bank.
Pros
Senang dengan pengalaman di bank
Cons
Pentingnya SDA yang smart dan semangat
High-paying but stressful, offers longer annual leaves and fair amount of medical leave. Negative side is hard to find the balance between work and family due to amount of time-dedication.
Pros
Competitive salary, more annual leaves
Cons
Very stressful, politics and negative culture at certain departments (not all)
Its a good experience working with DBS , its a Asia leading bank and the environment is fun. So much of social activities making the staff feel appreciated.
There is good risk culture in DBS bank, as they are willing to have case sharing across countries to arise staff's risk awareness. Besides, management encourage to use new technology to solve the problem.
Pros
Collaborative
Cons
insufficient manpower
I liked the work culture. Explored many things.Got to learn a lot as this is first job. DBS has flexible working hours and work from home benefits as well . People in all levels are very cooperative.
nice organisation employees are well educated. nice training they provided for me. I learnt good things in my life. i also learnt to behave with new peoples
Engagement with Line Ops on a daily basis on areas pertaining to Risk and Control. Team is collaborative and helpful. Interacting with Line Ops. The team.
it depends where we are posted. if you're posted to the branches, your opportunity to grow or earn a higher than the decent amount will be robbed almost instantly. they will randomly throw new roles and duties to staff such as insurance sale or loan officer at you and you're expected to learn and push for sales asap as it will be included in your KPI. you bonus is highly dependent on your sales of insurance, not your work ethics or performance as a service staff. you can give the best service to customers but your bonus will be zero if you don't force insurance sales on customers. branch management is usually extremely poor and the managers/leaders are horribly biased and unprofessional. some managers/seniors get very personal with staff and conveniently forget to behave in a professional manner. complaining to HR just worsen the treatment in the branch as the people in the branch will not treat you kindly after knowing you burst their bubble. The working hours are longer than expected and there is no compensation for the extra time you put in. once in a while you will receive items like nuts or muffins for your hard work, not extra pay or a justified bonus. the managers are not helpful and you live with stress every minute in the job as they are just out to expose your mistakes. one mistake made will be used as leverage for them to scare you throughout the year. you will be reminded of it during your appraisal when they reveal how little bonus you're getting. colleagues are average although most of them are backstabbers or rats. it is not an enjoyable workplace, neither does - more...
Pros
we get red packets or new notes for festive season before the public gets them
Cons
long hours. low salary. horrible work environment.
People were very encouraging and the working environment is very dynamic, every day you can experience something new. The training you experience as a new hire/intern readily puts you at the best of your condition to meet the requirements in the client-facing role.
Competitive and fun work environment with a lot of opportunity to grow as an individual. Be it sales pitching skills, or personal development, DBS never fail to keep pushing every working employee to become the best they can be.
Diverse culture. Can learn a lot. Though there are a lot of Indians working there, they bring a lot of out of the box solutions to the table. Great working with a diverse set of people.
Good Bank that is strategically located and carries out day to day functions for people. Has a lot of people that are skilled in dealing with money and earning.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Friendly colleagues and comfortable working environment. The company basically treat their employee equally and nice. There is re-org every year. I have learned a lot of stakeholder management and project management here.
Ya mungkin cukup 3 tahun saja saya bekerja di PT.BANK DBS
The hardest part of the job will be having a lot of self-discipline and to stay highly motivated on a daily basis. It is a very fast-paced environment.