Cypress Semiconductor Corporation

Cypress Semiconductor Corporation Management reviews

India34 reviews
The management is rough in their communication... do not expect Hi Hellos Please in your emails. The culture is so because of the last CEO who believed in a loud and aggressive precision questioning and answering methodology.
Pros
Stock plans
Cons
Aggressive and rough management
Will recommend Cypress only for Bachelors as there is no work life balance so bachelors can sit n only work
Top management is not proactive except high results in less time
Top management lacks vision & make wrong decisions
Pros
Salary is good for freshers
Cons
No personal life, too much politics
The day in a life looks extremely busy. Very Challenging environment which respects logic, math and data.
The hardest part here is convincing the management and getting things done.
The most enjoyable part of this role is the freedom you get to work. You can use any tool, bring in any perspective. That's the best part.
They provide all the necessary training and Support to grow in Career. Management is very helpful.Co-worker around use are very supportive.My 9-years of journey was memorable. I was involved in various high profile project which was very important to company's earning.
Painfully arcane processes. Oldies survive. Suffocating to newcomers. Lack of abstraction across levels.
Good emphasis on technology and detailed work.
What I get to do (nature of the work) in Cypress is good. They are often challenging, esp, with little time at hand. However, a typical day in Cypress involves hustling with co-workers (most of them knowledgeable) and management to get work done.

Most of the key management roles are occupied by ex-memory designers. They have little understanding of how to put a MCU or other systems together. This reflects heavily on Cypress's non-memory products.
Pros
Highly technical and involved work, Flexible work timings
Cons
Micromanagement, Lack of clear product planning and execution
most enjoyable working place and have a good support from the management in regards of the work timing as well as employee comfortability.
Good benefits and environment for technical growth but very poor management.
Had a good exposure on Finance & Accounting Operations, Payroll Management, Audits, Taxation etc.
Pros
Good company to work with
Cons
Less growth opportunities
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Cypress Semiconductor Corporation?
good learning experience, working in the design field,
good management
Good company to learn the tricks of the trade.
Management is transparent.
Believes in employee empowerment.

Focuses on shareholders.

Average salary and benefits.

Extremely data driven.

A typical day at work for a manager is 30% individual contribution, 40% cross functional meetings, 20% external meetings, 10% travel.
Pros
Great place to learn
Cons
Average salary and benefits, people often sign up for aggressive and unrealistic targets
I worked for a brilliant manager. Thankfully, because of that, I didn't have a typical day at work.
The first year was all about coming to work knowing there is no set time to go back, and its going to be immense fun learning something new.

What I prize most from my learning at CY is value of total ownership.
My management showed faith in me and on my fourth month in company I was negotiating contracts worth $7M.
While I was lucky to get a brilliant manager, a lot of my colleagues were not. Your manager is an unimaginable influence in CY. I will say on an average management in CY is mixed. On one hand are managers who are not stable and up to the mark. People hesitate taking risks and don't want to own up to anything. On other hand you have managers who treat CY as their own company, will take risks where they see profit and trust their employees to do the same.

Hardest part of job- When Type 2 employee described above has to work with a senior falling in type 1 bracket. A lot of red tape ensues where processes are followed in letter and not in spirit.

Work Life balance is OK, except when it is not. Up to you and your team management mostly.

The best part of my job will be the freedom I have had of doing my job properly. Being treated as a guy who calls the shots is an amazingly special feeling, more so when you have started off as a fresher.
No job Security at all and there is a lot of politics. They do not take actions at all. The HR is the most pathetic HR.
Pros
good perks. complete american culture
Cons
bad management, politics
i have done internship & got the opportunity for job but due to permission not been granted from institute side couldn't work but this is really a very gud company to work for & management is fantastic , work culture is very nice , over all i will give 11 out of 10 .