Crowe Employee Reviews

Toxic and Stressful environment
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 16, 2019
This depends on your business unit, but despite the One Crowe mentality adopted by leadership, management bears down on staff/senior staff level employees. It is a stressful and toxic environment.
"One Crowe" until it affects Management's bonus.
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 15, 2019
The management of Crowe likes to tout their loyalty and care for their people, but that's only true for the people who are willing to give up all life outside the company.

Management has zero problems eliminating 20-30 jobs in the blink of an eye with no reason other than they realized they don't know what they want in terms of the future of their company other than to make money (though they are unsure of how to do that beyond what they're already doing.) They talk of wanting to be innovative and progressive, but they really only to throw big ideas out there and get upset when individuals ask them how that's going to work, or offer up the practicalities of making that work.

They don't know what they want, and the only people with job security are the Directors/Partners and their favorite Senior Managers.
Pros
4 weeks vacation, work from home whenever.
Cons
No job security, like working for a members only club
Great public accounting expirence
Senior Staff Tax Accountant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 1, 2019
I think there are inherent "evils" that come with bigger public accounting firms. Crowe seems to minimize those "evils" as much as possible. Over all it is a great place to work but you still will be required to work over 55 hours a week during certain times of the year and the work is stressful.
Pros
Vacation time
buena
Asistente de Auditoria (Former Employee) –  Bogotá, CundinamarcaMarch 27, 2019
buena la compañia es una excelente organizacion ...
Stressful and rude (worst work environment)
Business Support Admin, Tax (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 24, 2019
Workplace rudeness in rampant. Full of bullies. Toxic. Bunch of small firms which are incompetent are bought and merged. Does not reflect/feel the brand while working there.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Work Environment, People and Management
Great Company
Talent Acquisition Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 18, 2019
Crowe is awesome if you're looking for work/life balance. The opportunity to work remotely the majority of the time is great. The company invests in its employees/consultants fully.
Poor Leadership, high turnover
Third Party Risk Assessor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 4, 2019
Very immature leaders whom lack "people" experience. In addition, most get promoted quickly since high turnover and they "yes" managers whom do not challenge leaders. No work life balance at all. Expect 55 hours per week and they operate with Charge hours, sad environment.
Pros
Work From Home Flexibility
Cons
Poor Leadership, no work life balance
Great company that rewards hard work with benefits
Accounts Receivable Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INFebruary 26, 2019
I loved my time at Crowe. I was hired in as a temp and was given additional responsibilities early into being a full-time employee. Excellent flexibility for day-to-day schedules and offered amazing PTO.
team mate works
Audit Senior (Former Employee) –  Velāyat-e KābolFebruary 3, 2019
i feel lucky to work with Crowe almost 2 year i learned lots of office issues over there, i made my career improved my skills and gain a lot of professional colleagues there,
Horrible Manager
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  INJanuary 24, 2019
If you are a software developer DO NOT GO HERE!!. Because you may get the manager I did. On the third day working there I got berated in front of everyone. Did not say a thing, did not do anything to warrant this. Just a boss that wanted you and everyone else to know who is boss.

I should have charged combat pay. Because I was used and abused until they did not need me anymore.

Additional work was constantly being added by this manager verbally, offline, and away from the group. But, the deadlines stayed the same. If you missed a deadline, you're finished.

I felt like the only reason I was hired was because of a technology I knew that they wanted to know better. Once I showed a junior developer how things worked, I was thrown out the door.

Everyone else I worked with was nice to work with. Crowe must approve of the way this manager operates, because he has been there for a long time.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Abusive manager
Productive and Easy to Work With Staff
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INJanuary 7, 2019
I highly enjoyed my time here. The staff that I was assigned to work with in the mailroom were all helpful and cooperative, making the learning process all the easier. Work became fast paced at times, but due to my coworkers' confidence in me, I was able to get what I needed done with ease.
Productive learning environment with long hours
SALT Senior Staff Tax Accountant (Current Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILDecember 27, 2018
Great learning experience, but at the cost of life. Not a great work life balance during the busy seasons. Management gives false promises on many areas. We had a ping pong table which made up for all the lost time working hard for not much in return.
Great company to learn audit/tax compliance
Audit Assurance Intern (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 25, 2018
Being an intern at Crowe, I learned a lot about companies through the audits I was able to assist with. It was interesting to see how companies worked from the inside out.
Best Company Ever
Administrative Project & Tax Processing Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 28, 2018
This has been the best company I have worked for. Management was amazing. Great compensation package and work life balance. I would go back in a minute.
Great Place to Work for Public Accounting
Insurance Senior Tax Staff (Current Employee) –  Simsbury, CTNovember 1, 2018
If you wish to remain in the public accounting industry, Crowe is one of the best firms to chose. They are flexible and willing to help you grow in your career. Even as a national firm, Crowe shows their employees support and recognition.
Pros
Flexible, Ability to grow, support, mentor system
Cons
Long hours, have to constantly be connected
Great to learn a lot quickly, Up or out mentality
Senior IT Risk Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 27, 2018
As you advance it is either sell and find new clients to generate $1 Million in revenue for the firm or goodbye. Great place to learn a lot quickly. It is public accounting so yes you work long hours and the group I was in was busy all the time with no real slow down. February was always my busiest month and that was over 20 years at Crowe.
员工们非常的nice。
Senior Auditor (Former Employee) –  Denver County, COOctober 22, 2018
公司的文化很好,员工很nice。每一年会有feedback the community,去做义工。公司工作环境也很舒适。
Excellent Company
SYSTEMS ANALYST (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INOctober 12, 2018
After almost 20 years with Crowe, I can still rave about this firm! The work-life balance and alternative work arrangements are ideal for me. The benefits are absolutely incredible.
One of the worst experiences of my life.
Internal IT Consultant/Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 28, 2018
Working on code that was hacked together previously by someone in a similar position who was equally pressed for time and didn't care if anyone could actually read /understand the code, just wanted to get it done so he/she could get paid, no documentation, no design meetings; complete nightmare.
Pros
Better than unemployment
Cons
Hi-tech sweatshop, developers beholden to management hacks who want everything done yesterday
workplace culture
Event Management Services - Program Administrator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 20, 2018
Crowe offered a team work environment and assistance for advancement. Training was provided when responsibilities were added to your role. Career planning and advancement always an option.
Pros
Team Work
Cons
Had to be a CPA to advance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Crowe. Our community is ready to answer.