Community College of Rhode Island Employee Reviews

Lack of communication and leaderhsip
Academic Advisor (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, RIAugust 20, 2019
The four campuses do not communicate well at all. The current leadership is clueless. Also, because of the union,non-union job promotion system, many department heads are NOT qualified for their positions or well trained. Part-time employees are treated horribly! This is not the place to work, if you you have a strong work ethic and want to support students!
Pros
Cons
bad leadership, communication, application process
The Community College of Rhode Island
ESOL Instructor (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, RIApril 4, 2019
The Community College of Rhode Island is a great place to start if you are searching for part-time work in your area. There are three campuses in Rhode Island.

The management and people seem to often change though which make job security in this line of work a bit of a concern.
Pros
Independence
Cons
Uneasy boss
Student Worker
Student Worker (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Newport, RIApril 1, 2019
I was only a student worker while at CCRI and I regret the way I let my 'manager' pretty much use me. I was there to work for just the department, which was itself easy. However, there were many times that she didn't have anything for me to do for the office, so she would give me tasks that were not part of my job description. She would do this rather than letting me study like she said I could when I was hired.

It's a good job if you need money, which I did at the time, but don't get your hopes up about having a livable paycheck. As a student worker, you're paid less than the minimum wage, so it's good for pocket money at best.
Pros
Good for a little spending money or save up for a school book
Cons
No healthcare, barely any study time
fun place to work
Cook Server (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIFebruary 8, 2019
I enjoyed working for the college i enjoyed meeting all the different people. learning the cultures and sharing our food recipes. my manger showed me how to make a lot of different foods I really miss that place but I hated cleaning the grease trap on Friday.
a little busy
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIDecember 27, 2018
•Answering phone calls regarding admission questions and financial aid
•Collecting paper work that’s needed to complete the admission process and financial aid
•Scanning and filing
•Translating when needed
Excellent Classrooms
Adjunct Physical Geology Professor (Former Employee) –  Providence, RINovember 29, 2018
Rooms are very well equipped with projector, TV, cameras, webcams, and other media.
Technical staff is very cooperative.
Parking is very easy and efficient.
The campus is small but well planned.
The food court has plenty of healthy options.
Pros
Parking ease
Cons
Job security
INformative
DESKTOP SUPPORT (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RIOctober 5, 2018
Great place to learn and grow as an individual. Flexible schedule if in school. Entry level position if you're looking to break into the help desk environment,
Productive and fun environment.
Retail Store & Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RIJuly 31, 2018
I thoroughly enjoy the diverseness of the customers (students) and being there to assist in their educational needs to reach their goals every semester. It is a very fast paced and fun environment to work in. The back office responsibilities are individually accounted but supported by the team on a whole. The team at CCRI Bookstore is a great group of professionals to work with.
Pros
Great co-workers, fun environment, nice schedule, no weekends
Cons
parking
Great Place to work
Assistant Professor of Nursing, Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Newport, RIJuly 27, 2018
Truly enjoyed working at CCRI. Great faculty, staff and students. Nursing program is very strong and students do well with NCLEX. All faculty are dedicated to the education of students.
Positive place to work
AV Technician & Help Desk support (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RIJuly 12, 2018
Great entry level AV job. You'll learn a lot working here. There are people always willing to assist you. The hours are flexible in case you are in college.
Working while studying
Studio Lab Manager (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIJuly 8, 2018
I was a student, so after or before my classes I would go to work at the school studio lab. It was pretty cool, taking care of the equipment and at times tutoring some other students.
Warwick Campus - CCRI
Computer Lab Monitor (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIJune 26, 2018
answer questions from faculty staff on where certain things are located or questions on how to use software on the computers, print documents or Hours of operation
Pros
Flexible working hours, student help on shift
Cons
Pay per hour, windowless room to work in
Fun place to work. Lots of interesting people.
Assistant Baseball Coach (Former Employee) –  Warwick RIJune 26, 2018
As a baseball Coach I do not interact with a lot of people at teh college but the people I do work with are always interesting and and good people to work with .
Pros
good hours and a nice place to work
Cons
salary is a little low and sometimes tough to get things done without permission.
Community College of RI
Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIJune 16, 2018
I worked in enrollment services and financial aid where I assisted students through the financial aid and enrollment process. I also assisted student with scheduling classes and submitting their FAFSA on line
Pros
Scheule
Cons
temporary
Good work, school, and social life balance
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJune 11, 2018
Calm environment. Typically cleaning and maintaining a safe space for others to do work. Computer savvy individuals and people with excellent customer service skills are great to work here.
Pros
Relaxed work space, Convenient location
Cons
Short hours, Low pay
Professor/LMS/Mentor/Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIMay 21, 2018
Supported collaboration. Open to new, yet grounded, ideas. Accessible IT department, very helpful. Team work was lucrative and encouraged. The deans and HR are affable and open to discussion.
Hours very flexible
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, RIMay 3, 2018
They work around your class schedule, making it very easy to work when it was most convenient for you. Very helpful and happy people to work with. Great environment.
Work study
Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, RIApril 27, 2018
My typical day at work would consist of making sure everyone would sign in and everything is good. The only thing that would get to me is that we are only eligible to work 16 hours for two weeks.
Working as a lab assistant at CCRI
Biology Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIApril 2, 2018
While working as a lab assistant at CCRI; attending college was very rewarding. I acquired many hands on laboratory skills working for the campus and would recommend it to any other student entering the biotechnology field.
Pros
Gained a lot of experience working in lab.
Cons
Only being able to work 10 hours a week.
little guidance
Professor (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, RIMarch 7, 2018
thrown in with a sink or swim attitude, if you've been there before you learn to manage. No help if you're new. Students blame you when they fail and have little more than high school study skills.