Cochlear Ltd Employee Reviews

Challenging and inspiring environment and products
Divisional Director - Head of Implant Product R&D (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSWFebruary 11, 2019
One of the best companies to work for. A stimulating, diverse and vibrant work environment, top technology and top products which are recognized as world leading in the cochlea implant space. Highly performant and laser-focused R&D teams.
Rewarding place to work but little opportunity for advancement
Marketing Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 20, 2018
Helping to give the gift of sound to people is one of the most rewarding things about this job. Outside of that, there are long lines of red tape and job advancement is hard to come by.
Great atmosphere
Export Officer / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSWOctober 4, 2018
Very supportive company to work for and they make sure people are trained to be able to do there job correctly with ongoing support. Always willing to help fellow employees.
Pros
Various trips to head office in Sydney
Cons
Some late shifts.
Great product, poor culture.
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Macquarie Park NSWSeptember 30, 2018
This place has potential however management only look out for themselves. There is no room for progression unless your ‘in’ with management. For a successful company pay is below average.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Poor pay, no progression.
Productive and fun working
Category Buyer (Consumables) (Former Employee) –  sydneyJuly 22, 2018
I worked in Cochlear over 4.5 years and had a broad understanding in manufacturing and logistic especially in procurement. Had good opportunity with production engineer on manufacturing process and fully managed end to end procurement process. I work closely with new product development sourcing and project management on new product. I assist Quality team on Supply Quality Agreement management with critical suppliers. I assist Quality team on Auditing from TUV-Sud, FDA etc.
I work collaboratively with Production manager on critical item sourcing.
The hardest part of the job is to work closely with internal stakeholders and external stakeholders.
The most enjoyable part of the job is to keep good supply to production without any interruption no matter any situation.
Pros
free share
Cons
try to meet unrealistic deadline
Innovative and family oriented culture
Manager (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSWDecember 20, 2017
Amazing products that change people's lives - always very rewarding to see someone hear for the first time or regain their hearing through Cochlear's technology. Laid back atmosphere that encourages work/life balance.
A difficult work environment for Regulatory Affairs
Head of Global Regulatory Affairs (Current Employee) –  Sydney, AustraliaSeptember 24, 2017
Cochlear, historically, has not invested heavily in the Regulatory Affairs function, globally, and so with limited resources and a somewhat negative approach to Regulatory Affairs, it has been a struggle to work in the company. I'm looking for a company that understands the inherent value of Regulatory Affairs to the success and sustainability of the company.
Pros
A good collection of committee personnel
Cons
An ineffective and chaotic executive team and board of directors
Cochlear was good job
Electronic Assembler & Team leader (Former Employee) –  Lane Cove NSW 2066August 29, 2017
I was working in Cochlear for nearly 9 years. 5 years was Teamleader job. The job was not easy but very interesting with the Microscope all the time. I like to work electronic assembler and Medical device job. Very good management and a lot of Training about the job. I was Resign in Cochlear because of I try to change my life but not successful in my country.
Pros
coffee & tea
Cons
8 hrs
Productive and efficient workplace environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  SingaporeAugust 1, 2017
I design the company's webpages and managing the online forums to provide customers with quick and helpful services, promoting Cochlear's products in various private and public hospitals and clinics. In addition, I was also tasked to do data entry and service calls.
I have learnt many things during my time in Cochlear Ltd, including website design and quality customer service.
The management is forward-thinking and goals oriented.
The workplace culture is results-oriented and fun.
Hardest part of the job was when I was tasked to follow my manager to various hospitals to promote Cochlear products by giving talks.
The most enjoyable part of the job was also the hardest part, giving talks to a large audience with my team promoting the product.
Pros
Free trip to Bintan
Cons
Takes me 1 and 1/2 hr to travel to work in the morning
Good environment
Remuneration Consultant (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSWMay 7, 2017
Small company trying to be a big one but not knowing how ... a little naive. Lack of discipline in decision making. Spending too much on head office.
Pros
Sense of making life better for people
Productive and fine workplace
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Buenos Aires, ArgenitnaFebruary 4, 2017
It was great to work in Cochlear more than two years with a good work atmosphere and the posibility to do differents tasks in the same place. I learned a lot of worlk skills that I could apply nowadays in differents works.
Pros
good salary
Very Dynamic
Personal Assistant to Head of Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Macquarie Park, NSWFebruary 8, 2015
Another excellent experience for me. Again just a short term contract, culture and people were great. Would return here also if a permanent vacancy should become available that is suited to me. Great work life balance culture is encouraged.
Pros
On site Cafe
Only a maternity Contract role
EA to SVP, Manufacturing & Logistics (Former Employee) –  Macquarie Park, NSWJanuary 20, 2015
This company was fantastic to work for. I was extremely busy and I was paid reasonably well for my hard work.

Unfortunately, this was only a maternity leave Contract role and there were no other opportunities available at the end of my Contract role.

I would work for Cochlear Ltd again.
Pros
Global organisation
Cons
Extremely busy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cochlear Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.