Cochin Shipyard Ltd

Cochin Shipyard Ltd Employee Reviews

India99 reviews
The day at Cochin shipyard Ltd began at 8:30 AM. Each day a separate workshop or workspace was allotted for visit. We had to study in-depth the various process that was being carried out. At the end of the internship we gathered all the information to put together a report.
Cochin Shipyard is the largest Greenfield shipyard in India. Inthe first half of my training period I was at design department. Very friendly working environment and we can learn a lot. Then the second half at Electrical Outfit in ship building department. Here we experience the site.
really knowledge based learning is possible in the place and great experience can be achieved using the real time hands on experience.so do enjoy the learning.
Did an internship for 15 days. The work culture that i observed was very good. For a Naval Architect the place gives a lot of knowledge & work skills.
Inplant training was completed and was helpful.Ship repair,Ship Design,Utilities and Maintenance were the departments under inplant training which was carried out in the span of two weeks.
I have 4 years experience in cochin shipyard ltd. Its a relaxed job. Atmospher of job is good. The management is very Helpful. Salary is paid end of every month.
Helping mentality and hard working people working here will improve our professional outlook and help us to achieve the best. ISO standard makes the procedures clear.
It was not a regular job it was merely a 10 day progam which we requested and was awarded to us. A group of five people. . The atmosphere is highly technical and sheer quality
Cochin shipyard is a central govt organization mainly into shipbuilding and ship repair provides good opportunity for the employers to grow depending upon their ability.
Working environment is nice but the superiors are just treat us as slaves and they make advantages of our hard work. There were no motivation or rewards on our work, they just make negative motivation.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Cochin Shipyard Ltd?
Management that respect and nourish
the growth and aspirations of its

employees.

Creativity and initiative positively encouraged.

Work culture that allows lot of freedom and decisions are made on job front

after talking with all stakeholders.

Sense of ownership encouraged at all levels .
I am very lucky to do an internship in Cochin Shipyard and gave best moments in my career.
I could to study different departmental duties and responsibilities handling for the success of shipyard. I visited Shipbuilding, Planning and Production Control, Ship Repair, Marketing, Inspection, and Quality Control Departments
Good working environment with all respect.
Worked in an India govt company It's a pleasure to say.

Achived work experience from theree different sections.
I enjoyed working there. Work culture was good. Family work balance was good. I got very good experience over there. It is one of the world's good shipyard.
Modeling of outfitting items, structural items and cable modeling using Tribon M3 Software for IAC – Indigenous Aircraft Carrier for Indian Navy (project on going).Preparation of Installation Drawings for Structural Items including Equipment Seats, cable ways support etc. and other Outfitting items using AUTOCAD.
Pros
Full day food at cheap rate
Cons
Good atmosphere and high security level.
Direct recruitment is only through government exams. Benefits given to the csl employees are exceptional. There is a lot contracors recruiting employees try our luck
Pros
Free food
Cons
no accomodation
The internship program is split into 10 days.
The interns are made to familiarize and obtain firsthand knowledge on different departments of CSL.

The candidates are taught the process of construction of a vessel right from the planning to the fabrication and construction phase.

Further, ship repair and maintenance departments are also given priority.

The candidates are given a firsthand experience of what it is to work for a manufacture/maintenance industry and also what is expected from the employees.

CSL has a very disciplined work culture.
It was really good, we had a great time, to learn, to explore and to experience things physically and mentally. We happened to meet managers, sales executives, etc and happened to get an opportunity to clarify our doubts as well as to strengthen our knowledge about specific areas.
Pros
Food was very cheap, given a good safety for all of us as the employees, gave freedom to expore shipyard.
Cons
Long working hours.
Had a knowledge full internship and got the chance to interact with so many skilled labours and learned so many new skills from them.The work atmosphere was also very nice.
Read and interpret blueprints or welding process specifications.
Use manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal pieces using processes

such as gas tungsten arc (TIG or GTAW), gas metal arc (MIG or GMAW), flux-cored arc

(FAW), plasma arc (PAW), shielded metal arc (SMAW) and oxy-acetylene (OAW).
CSL started offering ship repair services in 1982 and has undertaken upgrades and repairs for all types of ships including ships for the oil exploration industry
Pros
Hard working People and Committed Management