Cloudera

Cloudera Employee Reviews

Overall, my experience there was pleasant. My colleagues and manager were helpful and I enjoyed my experience working with them. The problem has to do with upper management and how they were willing to destroy everything in order to please investors.
Cloudera was a great learning opportunity. I was able to spend the summer in Austin, TX learning about the technology industry. My managers and mentors spent numerous hours with me, helping me learn and grow in the business world.
The work life balance is nice and so are the free lunch and snacks. Employees can be helpful depending on the department you are working in. It can be hard to get a promotion even if you have done so much for the company.
Pros
Free lunches, good health benefits
Cons
It's hard to get a promotion
During the first 2 weeks, it was very intensive training with a mentor on job specifics. Very complete and very thorough. My job was all about process and meeting the people who would be available to assist in the completion of my job.
The next 2 weeks was supervised and monitored and I was completing the job tasks that would be doing there. I arrived during a time when everything was changing at the company so that made things changing each day.

The people were fantastic and the role was still being defined so it would provide the most complete assistance for the customer. It was a job with much responsibility but there was very little buy-in from support or sales, we were kind of an orphan group. The hardest part of the job was to find the correct person to assist the customer.

The benefits were fantastic, my cross-team co-workers and my team co-workers were all fantastic. They completely blindsided us with a big lay-off the month before the world was put in the "shelter in place" mode.

The company was good, the people were great and the job was high demand with minimal corporate buy-in, unfortunately.
Great culture, very collaborative and team oriented. However, there is a lack of growth opportunities. Especially for their contract workforce, they aren't valued and they are missing out on great potential full-time employees.
Good company, but there are a lot of RIFs that seem to come up and take a group of people every 6 months or so. Always have your resume up to date if you work there.
The clarity of business purpose is refreshing. However, commpany is moving fromm roadmap planning to execution , and results are keenly watched by internal and external stakeholders.
Pros
Innovation, Learning
Cons
Compensation
Great place to work. culture is great. Management can be sometimes hard but its everywhere. Work-Life balance is good depending on the role and designation.
Lots of flexibility with working from home, good maternity leave- 12weeks paid. Great team working environment. Lunch delivered twice a week. Good management
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Cloudera?
If you are an Indian origin person with interest to join ANZ operations please think twice. Leadership is not an Indian friendly at Cloudera. Salary is good but local management is difficult to deal with.
Cloudera has turned into a very difficult company to work for since the merger in early 2019. The Hortonworks/Clouder merger combined two completely different cultures creating significant challenges for employees. Executive leaders continue to leave the company, creating significant gaps in a consistent vision for employees. Leadership in various departments has suffered, and combined teams have ongoing challenges with decision making and staff guidance. Processes and procedures lack maturity and, unfortunately, Cloudera refused to adopt many of the mature and refined processes already implemented at Hortonworks. A once supportive culture led by amazing executives at Hortonworks, has turned into a horrible culture since merging with Cloudera. Benefits are amazing, and plenty of free food, but that can't compensate for the lack of motivation to go to work every day.
When I was there the growth was immense. Very fast paced and fun environment. Made some very good connections while I was with cloudera. I would work with them again.
People I work with Cloudera are genuinely good but I feel some managerial positions are steering things in the wrong direction and don't make it feel like a productive environment.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Bad management
Been here since before IPO, so over 5 years now. Have seen changes, people come and people go. Now with the merger, we are launching into a really exciting phase and am grateful to be a part of it all.
Pros
Great leadership and teams. Cutting edge products. Unlimited PTO. Competititve pay. Good benefits
Cons
Fast-paced but not a con for me personally
Impossible to move forward even during a restructure. There is no management support. Instead the feeling that employees are either watching all their colleagues go on to other companies with better positions, or stagnating waiting to get laid off.
Working as a summer intern, I was able to jump right into tasks and had plenty of people in my department willing to mentor me along the way, as I was learning the basics of the job.
Pros
Cafeteria
I love working for Cloudera. The company really take care of their employees. The management is very supportive. There are different development programs offered at Cloudera.
When I started at Cloudera there was a lot of upside potential. Now, in 2019, I don't see much opportunity with this company.

The biggest problem at Cloudera is related to corporate culture. There are major issues in certain departments where there is zero meritocracy and advancement is completely based on how well you get along with management.

If you are planning to work at Cloudera, be ready to work your political skills if you have any plans for advancement.
Pros
free food and snacks
Cons
culture sucks
There has been a lot of turn over in the last 6 months, a badly executed merger, and so many more issues since I began working for this company. Management need to allow employees to do their job and feel supported.
Pros
Free lunch, paid benefits
Poor leadership visibility and direction to their teams.Great and welcoming environment, great leadership team and the best culture I have ever worked for!

People are friendly and willing to help

Cafeteria is nice and the food is free
Pros
Great career opportunities. Great managers and culture.
Cons
poor leadership visibility and direction to their teams.
good growth opportunity
take care employee

employee are highly respected by the company. The company ensure a high standard of the people who got hired to the team.

This company has a high growth potential.