Cloudera Employee Reviews

Good people, bad management
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJune 18, 2019
People I work with Cloudera are genuinely good but I feel some managerial positions are steering things in the wrong direction and don't make it feel like a productive environment.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Bad management
New Company, New Opportunities!
Sr. Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 26, 2019
Been here since before IPO, so over 5 years now. Have seen changes, people come and people go. Now with the merger, we are launching into a really exciting phase and am grateful to be a part of it all.
Pros
Great leadership and teams. Cutting edge products. Unlimited PTO. Competititve pay. Good benefits
Cons
Fast-paced but not a con for me personally
Poor management getting worse since merger
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 29, 2019
Impossible to move forward even during a restructure. There is no management support. Instead the feeling that employees are either watching all their colleagues go on to other companies with better positions, or stagnating waiting to get laid off.
Culture of constant communication + collaboration.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAApril 2, 2019
Working as a summer intern, I was able to jump right into tasks and had plenty of people in my department willing to mentor me along the way, as I was learning the basics of the job.
Pros
Cafeteria
Cloudera
Sr. Commission Analyst (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAMarch 13, 2019
I love working for Cloudera. The company really take care of their employees. The management is very supportive. There are different development programs offered at Cloudera.
Was great, poor culture
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJanuary 31, 2019
When I started at Cloudera there was a lot of upside potential. Now, in 2019, I don't see much opportunity with this company.

The biggest problem at Cloudera is related to corporate culture. There are major issues in certain departments where there is zero meritocracy and advancement is completely based on how well you get along with management.

If you are planning to work at Cloudera, be ready to work your political skills if you have any plans for advancement.
Pros
free food and snacks
Cons
culture sucks
Needs improvement
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJanuary 28, 2019
There has been a lot of turn over in the last 6 months, a badly executed merger, and so many more issues since I began working for this company. Management need to allow employees to do their job and feel supported.
Pros
Free lunch, paid benefits
Great company to work for with great opportunities
Recruiting Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 6, 2018
Poor leadership visibility and direction to their teams.Great and welcoming environment, great leadership team and the best culture I have ever worked for!

People are friendly and willing to help
Cafeteria is nice and the food is free
Pros
Great career opportunities. Great managers and culture.
Cons
poor leadership visibility and direction to their teams.
good place to work at
Engineering Manager Hadoop Storage CCE (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAOctober 29, 2018
good growth opportunity
take care employee
employee are highly respected by the company. The company ensure a high standard of the people who got hired to the team.
This company has a high growth potential.
Nurturing workplace with energetic community
Seasonal Intern (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 22, 2018
During the internship, other employees were eager to teach me about the company and technology. While I was learning how to execute the tasks given to me, the other employees were always ready to help find the next logical step or improvement. The most difficult part of the role was learning new technology from scratch and trying create something useful with it. The most enjoyable part of the role was the supportive community.
Pros
Relaxed culture, meaningful work
Cloudera is a great and innovative place to work for
Talent Acquisition Partner (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJuly 14, 2018
Cloudera is going through some fast-paced changes, especially after going public in April 2018. It is very exciting to be here right now, as the global markets expand and shift at a quick pace. We are keeping up with that pace, and introducing valuable solutions for companies trying to grapple all their data.

It's a great feeling to know that I am part of this change and have no issues with any bumps along the way. The culture is really transparent and collaborative, and you are treated as an adult. Go Cloudera!
Internship (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAMay 6, 2018
Everybody who works at Cloudera is Passionate and loves working their. It is a great working environment for not only interns from ages 15-18, but for adults as well. My manager was very supportive and if i had the opportunity to go back i would. I would recommend it to anybody interested in working for a large Corps.
Pros
Free lunches(waiter, com) people are nice, relaxed working environment
Cons
During month, quarter, and year end, it gets very stressful.
A positive work environment.
Receptionist/Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 8, 2018
Cloudera is a perfect place to work. They just moved into their new office. I believe the workplace culture is great where everyone is welcoming and management is very helpful.
Review
Sr. Sales Recruiter / Contract (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAMarch 22, 2018
Great people and vibe. Very good managers running the Talent Org. Excellent communications companywide. Very approachable leadership. Frequent company functions.
Pros
Positive place to work
Cons
Technology getting outdated
Collaborative and open culture
Program Manager, Data Governance, MDM (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAFebruary 7, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Cloudera. Wonderful and smart people. We worked hard but had lots of fun too. It was an open and collaborative culture. There are some growing pains with the transition from a start-up to a bigger growing company but management listens to feedback from Clouderans. Love the emphasis & time for volunteering too.
Review
Senior Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJanuary 6, 2018
A place to work at cutting edge technologies in Data Science, Predictive Analytics, Prescriptive Analtycis, Root Cause Analysis, Deterministic Analytics.
Productive and fun work place
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CANovember 19, 2017
Great place to work. Employees are good people. Management is great and appreciative of their employees. Fun work atmosphere. Employees are treated good.
Innovative workplace
Software Quality Assurance Manager (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CADecember 16, 2016
Cloudera's contributions to the open source community are vast. Having colleagues who care about community as well as one's own business is very refreshing. The Support team, of which I was a part, is one of the best teams I've ever worked with: every employee a strong, conscientious contributor. Support management also was very strong, helpful, and thoughtful about managing growth. It was hard to stay staffed to meet the workload, however, which can be a morale hit.
Pros
Smart people, free lunch (on-site workers only), awards
Cons
Benefits not as good as other companies in Silicon Valley
Co-Workers are great.
Software Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 9, 2016
A bit slower, relaxed.
Work is great, co workers are very helpful.
They give very few return offers, something to keep in mind.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
No Housing Compensation, They don't hire new grads much.
Dynamic, growing company with great people and product
Training Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAOctober 23, 2015
Overall a great place to work with really smart, nice people. Very progressive in their employee programs and community involvement. Wish my role hadn't been reorganized out of existence or I'd still be with them.
Pros
Lunch provided @ offices, growing company, fast paced, top of it's class in the market
Cons
growing pains

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cloudera. Our community is ready to answer.