Christian Medical College

Christian Medical College Employee Reviews

India95 reviews
They care for patient not for money.. Staff is co-operating. Environment is very friendly and helpful. Doctors are helpful and kind. I have learned alot from there
The Accident and Emergency Department of Christian Medical College and Hospital, Vellore, India is a very busy department with a high patient turn over. This is where I learnt of the importance of team work, and good interpersonal relationships and effective communication. I came to learn a lot from my patients as well as members of my team, saw different cases everyday, participated in active resuscitation almost on a daily basis, triaged patients expertly, and worked and coordinated the work as a team.
The hardest part of the job was the fast pace and vast variety, which was also the most enjoyable. No two days were the same, and it never got boring.
Excellent place to learn, very wide exposure to variety of tests. Co-operative staff to combat workload. Highly experienced faculty.
Pros
Medical benefits for family
Cons
Huge workload
good for professional growth. can play a vital role in a Rehabilitation team.
Good Environment to Learn and Work. Good to work with colleague, only draw back is the salary scale has to be improved and more leave has to be given
Pros
Mission Institute
Cons
Less leave
A christ centred organisation where you can learn good qualities in life,we can learn good assessment tools,inculcate confidence both in personal and professional life.Its a multidisciplinary setup and so we can interact with many people,can learn different languages.Indeed it is a very good place to work and enjoy.
excellent work place. but the work load is bit high.over all the service is at high for all patients
Pros
experience over wide range of infectious organisms by hands on training
Cons
over work load, long hours
I am an independent researcher, run a team of research students and technical staff under the department of GI sciences. I have an established Molecular Biology lab and my research focuses on Human Microbiome. I teach and train students from diverse educational background.

Apart from students I manage technical and non-technical staff who help maintain and run the lab.

Since it is a Christian Mission Hospital it is hard to live with low salary and no options to progress to higher cadres, that are due for your efforts.

The most striking part is recognition, this institute is recognized world-wide with its alma-mater spread across the globe, and of-course this helps me to collaborator across the globe.
Pros
Renowned
Cons
poor scope for advancement
Cmc vellore,its one of the largest and greatest hospitals in India.

Nuclear Medicine department well established

Having Two Gamma Camera and One Pet-Ct Scanner

Administering High dose Therapy I131, etc

Etc Sm153 ,Y 90 EDTMP, Lu177 DOTATATE.

Ga68 GENERATOR using the dept.

Wonderful atmosphere to work and fullfil the patient needs,

Through our saviour Christ

According To Mathew 10:45
I had worked at the Rehabilitation Institute, Christian Medical College, Vellore. I had an amazing work experience, with wonderful colleagues who had that professionalism and an approach to serve the needy. I am grateful to my teachers and other co-workers and the patients themselves for teaching me at every step of my work life at CMC. I had the privilege of working with Traumatic brain injury and Spinal cord injury patients and to involve in their Rehabilitation. I am thankful to God who had given this opportunity to serve and learn in this institute.
not so productive and worth working. working here for more than three years. i was not informed that the job offered to me was on Contract basis . it was not informed in their advertisement in the news paper nor during the time of interview. i found that its a contractual job in my appointment letter and when i asked regarding this issue with the Personnel Department Manager, she replied that all the employees will be taken on contractual basis and after one year they will confirm the job and make a permanent employee. this is my 4th year but i was not conformed yet and they tell me all irrelevant reasons when i ask for confirmation. so i have decided to quit the job.
Christian medical college and hospital was first founded by Dr Ida.s.Scudder in 1900, our Department was first started by Dr Paul.W.Brand who did the first Tendon transfer for leprosy patient in the world,He started the first HAND SURGERY, and first HAND THERAPY unit in the Asian countries dates back to 1950, Our Department has done lots of tendon transfers for leprosy patients as well trauma patients, so i am Privilaged to work as a part of our team in the Hand Therapy unit treating various types of conditions as a physiotherapist.
I was blessed to study my B.Sc. Nursing in this elite Medical College which helped me to develop professional medical culture in my career. I worked there as a staff nurse for 1 year during which I was able to put into practice what I have learned.

During the time I was interacting with world renowned doctors and para medical staff and was able to learn lot of good things for the benefit of my nursing career as a whole.
Pros
Good professional culture
Work used to start at 8 in the morning with a word of prayer. The schedule for the day used to be busy , but it was fun working for there used to be sessions of group discussions and we had complete freedom to seek help when needed in terms of better treatment for the patient. CMC taught good ethical values and the importance of best quality treatment for our patients, irrespective of their social and economical background.
who i am now is the standard given by CMC, vellore. no bad remarks as such.
Pros
place to gain knowledge and wisdom, job satisfaction
Cons
so much of formalities
here we can see different different orth , neuro nd cardiothorasic cases every day
Pros
good exposure
Cons
less salary
As shifted from a Corporate Sector to entirely different field, I have learned many new and different things. Everyday there was new to learn- new patients new diagnosis and their different complaints . Learned to be more patient and become more active learner and listener and different medicines. Co- workers were senior doctors of different departments, accounts team, my reporting team and teams of different departments.As was working with Cancer Department hardest part of the job was to see the patients in critical phase to their life, side effects of medicines etc...
Fun working in a new and different filed and wnjoyed working with doctors.
I think its very greatfull service.It serve to every people without any any expects.that is god seeing and walking place.People are known that true.
• Maintaining data base of the NRHM activities executed by the partner NGOs
• Preparation of consolidation reports of the partner NGOs on NRHM activities.

• Preparation of monthly and quarterly reports

• Conducting capacity building trainings for the partner NGOs staff on NRHM aspects.

• Planning and Monitoring at field level for program implementation.

• Preparing Training, Meeting and Annual Reports.

• Organising training programs and meetings
Working in BMTU (Bone Marrow Transplant Unit) was not that easy as I had thought at first. But gradually with the best possible efforts I could muster, I tried my level best to provide with the best medical care that I could as described by the doctor. CMC Ludhiana is one of the best hospitals to treat haematology & oncology patients.
Pros
Opportunities to develop in the expanse of treating patients with cancer.
Cons
Timings of work was not fixed.
Dedicated and I am interested to work in your institution to expand my knowledge
Pros
Full time job