Christian Medical College

Christian Medical College Employee Reviews for Registered Nurse

Registered Nurse17 reviews
India17 reviews
I am blessed that I got a chance to work in Christian medical college. I have learnt so many things which will be very helpful for my future. I got many chances to attend many workshops n conferences n improved my professional skills. The main thing I love about this institution is its logo that is (MY WORK IS FOR KING).I really miss dis institution.
Great pay and great job. And various opportunities for staff to grow professionally and personally. The best work place. 44 hrs/week of work. Recieve salary by end of month. The highest paying private institution.
To pursue a challenging position in your organization where my knowledge can be shared and enriched, a job opportunity where my inherent skills and competence will greatly enhance the organization success and my personal career.
I love to work in cmc hospital its greate work place to all who wants to accept good value of work ...management staffs very helpful and we work as a family not worker ..i enjoyrd 13 year of my work as a nurse and as a studend in this great hospital as well as nursing collage.... I love my institute by heart .......
Pros
Cons
No flexible duty hours
Hardworking,Learned all RN responsibilities, management was good,workplace culture was very helpful each other,understanding different language was little hard but tried to learn and received transalation help,Working together and helping each other was the enjoyable part of the job
Pros
lunch break
Cons
free health benifits for the family
The best place to study and work ever.The work ethics,professionalism and the team work for the betterment of patient is excellent.The nurse in me is moulded from this great instituition.
My first job back in india nice and clean hospital .Manage ant was very strict but good .Help full I learned basic function of the job .And team work I like when they prayer before shift start
I have been working as a staff Nurse here for about four years. I have nothing but good things to say about this hospital. Overall, my experience has been very positive.
Pros
Convenient location
Cons
kindly give a opertunity to work with you.so that i gain more knowlegde with diffrent skills.With diffrent location and settings protocals and skills will also be diffrent.so it will be helpful for me to gain more knowlegde and improove my skills.
Worked in Cardiology Unit for assessing cardiac patients on 24hr holter monitoring, cardiac pace makers and post CABG patients. Responsible for monitoring patients on ventilator and assessing patients with Angina & Myo-cardial infarction. Patient care on various drugs as Digitalis, Digoxin & Ace Inhibitors. Assisted patients for intubation in ICCU.
The Accident and Emergency Department of Christian Medical College and Hospital, Vellore, India is a very busy department with a high patient turn over. This is where I learnt of the importance of team work, and good interpersonal relationships and effective communication. I came to learn a lot from my patients as well as members of my team, saw different cases everyday, participated in active resuscitation almost on a daily basis, triaged patients expertly, and worked and coordinated the work as a team. The hardest part of the job was the fast pace and vast variety, which was also the most enjoyable. No two days were the same, and it never got boring.
I was blessed to study my B.Sc. Nursing in this elite Medical College which helped me to develop professional medical culture in my career. I worked there as a staff nurse for 1 year during which I was able to put into practice what I have learned. During the time I was interacting with world renowned doctors and para medical staff and was able to learn lot of good things for the benefit of my nursing career as a whole.
Pros
Good professional culture
who i am now is the standard given by CMC, vellore. no bad remarks as such.
Pros
place to gain knowledge and wisdom, job satisfaction
Cons
so much of formalities
Working in BMTU (Bone Marrow Transplant Unit) was not that easy as I had thought at first. But gradually with the best possible efforts I could muster, I tried my level best to provide with the best medical care that I could as described by the doctor. CMC Ludhiana is one of the best hospitals to treat haematology & oncology patients.
Pros
Opportunities to develop in the expanse of treating patients with cancer.
Cons
Timings of work was not fixed.
Its very interest to work in a busy area. I have been learn more practically as well as personally. our colleagues are very co-operative. It is not easy to work in multi unit because we are receiving different unit in all time also it is not easy to take care of VIP patient. Eventhough I enjoyed all the movement of life during the working hours.
Pros
we have break for 30mts that also we cannot able to take.
Cons
when we get annual leave
I ASSIST IN Bone marrow aspiration Lumbar puncture Intrathecal administration of chemotherapy Starting PICCS and central venous cathrters Pleural tapping and insertion of chest drainage tube Intubation and Extubation Plasma aphresis Abdominal tapping Cardio pulmonary rescucitation Liver, renal, skin, rectal biopsy Wound drainage removal Suture removal
I took care of 6-10 patients per shift. I gave Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation, and have assisted in endotracheal intubation, during cardiac and respiratory arrest.Responsible for maintaining adequate supplies in the ward supervision of junior Nurses, Students and Non-professional Workers in the absence of Ward Sister. Attended rounds and maintaining censes.