Christian Medical College Employee Reviews

my dedication to serve people sincerely and generously
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Punjab, IndiaSeptember 3, 2018
Hardworking,Learned all RN responsibilities, management was good,workplace culture was very helpful each other,understanding different language was little hard but tried to learn and received transalation help,Working together and helping each other was the enjoyable part of the job
Pros
lunch break
Cons
free health benifits for the family
Gained very rich experience
Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Vellore, Tamil Nadu, IndiaDecember 9, 2018
Patient- focus: Presently, I am working in an institution which has the motto "Not to be ministered unto, but to minister". Best service to the patient has always been my goal. E.g. We encounter technical problems very often and so I pitch in and work along-side the engineers to sought out problems, so that patients get the results on time.

Continuous improvement: I actively involve in research and have completed my Ph.D. during my work tenure. Also actively involve in Quality control activities, audits and inspections.

Accountability: I am responsible for all patient-results published in my section and I ensure I go-through each and every result cautiously.

Respect: Respect both my patients and colleagues, even though they are my sub-ordinates. I also involve in training of my laboratory staff for their professional growth and safe practice.
Pros
Good experience
Cons
Long hours, high workload
good place to learn
Microbiologist (Former Employee) –  VelloreSeptember 12, 2018
CMC is Good place for education and learners, it is best place for research and patient care, salary is very low, job and life balance is very low. for medicine people it is best place.
Good
Medical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Vellore, Tamil NaduAugust 24, 2018
Nice place to work very big organisation , colleagues are friendly , we are allowed to share our opinion and give suggestion to the management. we can learn lot of things.
best place to work
Physiotherapist (Former Employee) –  Vellore, Tamil NaduJuly 5, 2018
best work culture i have seen, and best place to learn and develop professionally. The environment is very good and lot of research activity happens here.
An excellent learning experience
Internship (Current Employee) –  Vellore, Tamil NaduMay 26, 2018
A very organized system comprising responsible and disciplined staff with very good infrastructure and working environment.
Best for learning experience and professional training in the field of medicine
Pros
Excellent medical facilities and efficient laboratories. Well trained staff
Cons
Large patient turnout and relatively fewer employees. Long hours of work
Disciplined and good ethics are highly favored at CMC
Non-PG Registrar (Former Employee) –  Vellore, Tamil NaduMay 8, 2018
Typical day at work - starts with prayer, ward rounds in obstetrics ward, proceeding to CME and paper discussion.. followed by assisting operations or seeing patients in OPD, depending on week days. Post lunch teaching session, clinical audits, ending with evening rounds in the ward.
Learnt a lot in OBG
Work place cuture is good with nice support and guidance from senior colleagues.we did have lots of fun time, and memorable times.
Hardest part of the job - nothing was hard with great supporting superiors and understanding friends..
Most enjoyable part of the job, labour room postings !
over all excellant
RN- CHARGE NURSE GEN SURGICAL UNIT (Former Employee) –  vellore tamil nudu south indiaJune 29, 2018
learnt a lot my good experience started at Christian medical college. very devoted doctors and nurse work with lot of compassion, care and diginity. 75-90% Only christian religion employees who were willing to scarify their time and money for patient good care
Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Vellore, TNSeptember 22, 2014
I am an independent researcher, run a team of research students and technical staff under the department of GI sciences. I have an established Molecular Biology lab and my research focuses on Human Microbiome. I teach and train students from diverse educational background.

Apart from students I manage technical and non-technical staff who help maintain and run the lab.

Since it is a Christian Mission Hospital it is hard to live with low salary and no options to progress to higher cadres, that are due for your efforts.

The most striking part is recognition, this institute is recognized world-wide with its alma-mater spread across the globe, and of-course this helps me to collaborator across the globe.
Pros
Renowned
Cons
poor scope for advancement
Christian Medical College :: Ludhiana Review
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Ludhiana, PunjabMay 28, 2014
I was blessed to study my B.Sc. Nursing in this elite Medical College which helped me to develop professional medical culture in my career. I worked there as a staff nurse for 1 year during which I was able to put into practice what I have learned.

During the time I was interacting with world renowned doctors and para medical staff and was able to learn lot of good things for the benefit of my nursing career as a whole.
Pros
Good professional culture
Enjoyed work with the staff and Administrative Officer
ACCOUNTS EXECUTIVE (Project) (Former Employee) –  Vellore, Tamil NaduApril 19, 2017
During the selection process
Learned lot of discipline
Very good management
Nice working place
During selection process i used to worked in the nights
During the orientation for new students
Pros
Developed many contacts with the doctors
Cons
Working in CMC Hospital is really very nice. Working culture is good. Working here is like job with helping people.
Office Secretary (Current Employee) –  Ludhiana, PBJune 19, 2015
• Type Discharge Summary & Certificates of Ortho patients
• Type departmental letters and important circulars & notices
• File management in Ortho Office
• To maintain the record of Attendance of MS & MBBS students and Office Staff
• To prepare statics of Internal Assessment of MBBS students
• To make necessary arrangements for MS & MBBS exams (preparation of all paper work)
• To attend official telephone calls and maintain appointments & meetings of HOD
. co-workers are good
. Hardest part of job here is MCI inspection and examination of MBBS & MD/MS examination
No Respect for Employees
Receptionist / Telephone Operator (Former Employee) –  IndiaAugust 19, 2017
Typical Religious Work environment. No care for customers and staff. Management is blind and never accept suggestions from workers. Don't want to say more about the company.
Pros
Good for, who don't want to work
Cons
Religious Mind Set. No care for Staff and customers
Place with lots of fun and patients
Associate Professor (Current Employee) –  Ludhiana, PunjabJune 4, 2016
A typical work day includes poor patients suffering with numerable diseases and happy patients going home. All the doctors gladly working together to make an effort for a better environment and cure of the patients. Working with doctors of different cultures made me know more about different countries. The hardest part of the job is that you never know what will be the result of one action. But besides that, this place is a home of God and learning more and more is the keyword. And experience of this place is unimaginable and there are no words to describe.
Pros
big church
work experience
Occupational Therapist in Rehabilitation (Former Employee) –  Vellore, TNJuly 17, 2014
I had worked at the Rehabilitation Institute, Christian Medical College, Vellore. I had an amazing work experience, with wonderful colleagues who had that professionalism and an approach to serve the needy. I am grateful to my teachers and other co-workers and the patients themselves for teaching me at every step of my work life at CMC. I had the privilege of working with Traumatic brain injury and Spinal cord injury patients and to involve in their Rehabilitation. I am thankful to God who had given this opportunity to serve and learn in this institute.
Inspiring and dedicated Healthcare organisation
Project/ Research Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Vellore, Tamil NaduMarch 8, 2017
An inspiring place to work where I got an opportunity to learn both the clinical and management aspects in a hospital. Being a part of Research development, I got an opportunity to organise and conduct workshops, seminars and other research related events for the medical professionals. The most enjoyable part of the job was that It helped in networking with both the medical professionals as well as Healthcare management professionals.
Productive creative place to work
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  IndiaSeptember 4, 2017
An apt place for rehabilitation.More exposure to patients
Builds confidence while handling patients
Management sills improve while you work.
Leadership qualities improves.
Pros
good exposure
knowledgeable and productive
nurse and demonstrator (Current Employee) –  delhiJuly 1, 2012
very good experience , good management , good respect, more patients
Pros
experience
The Best
Registered Nurse Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  vellore,nicuJanuary 8, 2018
The best place to study and work ever.The work ethics,professionalism and the team work for the betterment of patient is excellent.The nurse in me is moulded from this great instituition.
Productive and excellent
Staff nurse.Accident and emergency (Former Employee) –  VelloreJuly 11, 2017
Was able get valuable education and excellent skills.Helped in molding myself into a good nurse.A wide variety of disease conditions were seen . Provided opportunity for giving expertised nursing care
Pros
Medical facilities