Chegg

Chegg Employee Reviews

Engaging and Fun with a light wallet
Subject Matter Expert (SME) (Current Employee) –  Jasola, Delhi, DelhiFebruary 24, 2020
We celebrate every festival (India and US)
A lot of free food, fun activities, excellent office. Mostly people are aged between 23-26 so its just like college.

The pay is less, and the work is not in accordance with Indian universities. Few types of questions pop out repetitively, hence learning stops after some time.
High Income Potential
Computer Science Expert (Current Employee) –  Bengaluru, KarnatakaFebruary 20, 2020
If you have good command in some subject that is in Chegg's list then you can earn good amount of money from it very easily using your knowledge and skills.
About chegg
Online Subject Matter Expert (SME) (Current Employee) –  Mysore, KarnatakaJanuary 26, 2020
Pays very less amount for solving a single question. Salary rate is very low. And question rate is very low. Less questions and more SME.s o I would request to add minimum SMEs.so that question rate is more.
Productive and fun workplace.
SME (Subject Matter Expert) (Former Employee) –  DelhiDecember 29, 2019
You can earn 9000/- per month by solving 2 questions daily. It was freelancing job. It increases our knowledge and there is a possibility of full time job also.
good place to work
Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee) –  Nagpur, MaharashtraDecember 17, 2019
good place , convient to work but bad is that they judge you in some negative feedback question and fire you from the job , once they fire you you wil be begging for them but dosent get the second chance. expectation are too high for new comers
Pros
good environment
Cons
policies
Fun Place with low salary
Senior Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee) –  Delhi, DelhiDecember 15, 2019
Not much to tell. This company is a full stop to your career. No matter how hard and smart you work. They just ignore all your efforts and at the end of the day you are left with a pity software and website that is tracking every activity of yours even when not required. HR department is the worst of all you'll ever witness in your life.
Good working environment
Content Specialist (Current Employee) –  New Delhi, DelhiDecember 7, 2019
Working environment is good, no work pressure, free food and other facilities, events such as diwali celebration, christmas,new year etc.
Appraisal is average.
Great work life balance but incompetent mid level management
Senior Developer (Former Employee) –  New DelhiDecember 4, 2019
No doubt company is doing great and the top level management has a great vision to take it forward but the mid level management is not competent enough to manage the teams, at least in India. I wonder how come a company this big can run without a good HR team. HR team(excluding recruiting) just organizes functions, parties, apart from that it seems they don't have any responsibility. Nobody cares for the employee satisfaction & problems in the whole organisation.
Fun to work
Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee) –  New Delhi, DelhiNovember 28, 2019
If you like learning this is the best platform you can get. It not only helps in learning but prompts you to think in different ways. Money per question is good. You can keep it as a part-time job.
Well it's a good job if you are good at solving questions.
Part time Work at home (Former Employee) –  Ernakulam, KeralaNovember 21, 2019
At Chegg we have to solve questions posted on the website and we are paid for every question correctly answered. But they are very strict so if we submit wrong answers or if we doesn't follow their rules then we will be immediately fired.
Environment is enough for Work
SME (Current Employee) –  New Delhi, DelhiNovember 17, 2019
The environment to work is too good and they give us flexibility in time we just have to complete our working hour either se come late or come fast thats all depend on our wishes.
Good
Subject Matter Expert (SME) (Former Employee) –  VisakhapatnamOctober 18, 2019
Good to earn money and start career before entering into big MNCs. Salaries are lower and even work culture has to be improved. Great place to prepare for government exams
Overall beneficial for home based work
Subject Matter Expert (SME) (Current Employee) –  New Delhi, DelhiSeptember 12, 2019
Posted questions are maximum during exam time and other very less questions are posted company pay per question basis so higher during exam time but off exam time we feel as jobless
Flexibility at its best
Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee) –  Pune, MaharashtraAugust 12, 2019
You can schedule your working hours according to your wish. Complete freedom to adjust your working hours according to your preferences and time availability..
Excellent
Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee) –  Dibrugarh, AssamAugust 7, 2019
Well i must say it was one of the worlds coolest platform to work with.Your contributing time will decide what you earn.It always makes a excellent relation between family and company.
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Noida, Uttar PradeshJuly 15, 2019
Nice online stage for solving questions and to improve your knowledge. Also a very good stage for earning money while at it. This also help in understanding the subjects where you lack.
Productive and fun place to work
Expert Acquisition Executive (Current Employee) –  Visakhapatnam, Andhra PradeshJuly 10, 2019
Best place to work.
Excellent work culture.
Good HR practices.
No pressure.
Salary: Very impressive
Wok place culture is very good and you will have visibility to interact with top leaders at any point of time.
Management is very good
Pros
Free food and snacks, subsidized lunch
Good job
Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee) –  Delhi, DelhiJuly 8, 2019
Nice job. Work from home. Contractual. Salary on time most of the time. Even if it is late it is late by only 5-6 days. Salary unlimited. It is upto you. More questions you solve more you earn.
Tutors are Expendable !
Tutor (Former Employee) –  IndiaJune 20, 2019
I was a high rated tutor on Chegg with 326 likes and only 8 dislikes. Obviously, a lot of students preferred to stick with me throughout the semester and depended on me.

When I started working part-time as an online tutor back in 2017, the management was quite supportive and always had the tutor's back in case the student was harrassing or trying to shortchange the tutor.

But from early 2019 onwards, there has been a major change in attitude of the support team. It's like we are slaves of the students completing 100% of their assignments instead of helping them out with majority and letting them review the commented code and completing it themselves.

Otherwise, lessons are downvoted and it cannot be reversed in majority of the cases. Then a warning comes along saying "The student was overcharged for the assignment" and then next day...BOOM...your account which had a 97%+ approval rate gets deactivated.

Which is why I mentioned the word "expendable" in the title. They do not care about their own tutors and refuse to provide exact details as to why the account was deactivated. Also, the "three warnings and you're out" policy is just plain silly in my opinion.

We tutors are not six sigma professionals and our clients often are college students strapped for money and will hound, harass and threaten to downvote in case we refuse to complete their assignment and be their slave.

In such a scenario I would recommend the "three strikes for life" be at least changed to "three strikes a year".

Also, re-appealing your deactivation is useless. They will send a final
  more... mail saying :

"""
The decision to deactivate your account is final. We’re sorry for any inconvenience or frustration, but we will not be considering your account for reactivation. Please refrain from contacting us regarding this case as this is the final decision.
"""

Such a draconian reply for one of the top Computer Science tutors on their site.

Their new policy of putting students ahead of tutors is not feasible. Other sites such as TutorMe allow two way rating. You can also rate the student poorly if he/she is trying to control you.

I would recommend other tutoring sites. At least they hold the student accountable for any wrongdoing on their part.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Draconian Management, Tutors considered expendable, Low job security
Fun and flexible
Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee) –  Vishakhapatnam, Andhra pradeshJune 4, 2019
Very much challenging and interesting work. Very good management and work environment. Fun and learning opportunities. flexible working hours. Safe working environment.
Pros
Free snacks in cafeteria
Cons
Time bound

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chegg. Our community is ready to answer.