Chegg

Chegg Employee Reviews

India87 reviews
Its good for people who are willing to make some extra bucks in free time. The only downside is inconsistency of work that are given and for some people pulling all nighters might not convenient.
I was a statistics subject matter expert at Chegg. Being a minimalist , check the pros and cons to get an idea about the role.
Now, I am just completing the 150 characters required for the review.
Pros
Choose your own time, own problems
Cons
lazy clients/students, poor pay, no employee protection against shi**y and du*b questions/students.
There is groupsim only they pay handsome salary to marketing team for other team there pay scale is less mangers are also very bad and less supportive they can fire you with no proper reason
Benefits
Cons
Worst management specially managers and US team
The job at Chegg is creative. I could utilize my knowledge to the best by solving tricky questions. It gives me immense pleasure while solving the problem and helping learners like me to rectify their doubts. The interface provided by Chegg is very user friendly
Pros
Flexible Work Hours
the job at chegg is creative .I could utilize my knowledge to the best by solving tricky questions .It gives me immense pleasure while solving problem and helping learners like me to rectify their doubts. The interface provided by Chegg is very user friendly witg discrepencies.
Good place. Good work. Challenging. Varied. The work has its ups and downs but overall its a good gig. Would recommend others to join. I hope to continue working here.
Chegg is a good site to increase your knowledge and gain some experience with monthly salary. The monthly payment depend upon your work more you work more you earn
Pros
Good to gain more knowledge
Cons
10% tax policy is not good
We as a subject expert have to solve as many doubt questions for students. I have learned to make student understand the topic in much more detail meanwhile making topic easy for them to grasp. i had to manage my work life balance because sometime it is time consuming process. The hardest part of the job was to work consistently for hours but i have enjoyed doing that job because i learned to solve problems of variety of students and their different doubts which i love doing.
Pros
Good work ethics
Cons
Tough to meet their working schedule
Worked as an Expert. The treatment is most unfair. Accounts are blocked, access is revoked for no apparent reason, without warning and without a fair chance of hearing.

They say it is a part time job as per one's convenience. Yet access is revoked only because one is unavailable for a few days. Is this truly fair?

Pay is cut, no explanation is given. Emails are not answered.

Is this cheating?
Pros
Cons
Everything, Pay is low, Pay is not given in ful, . Cuts to pay are without reaso, . No logic to the arbitrary high handedness
A trustworthy company, they give money on 15th of every month without delay in time, and they have AI systems so no one will be given any extra or removals
Competitive work environment and let new comers flourish while they are starting their career as a subject matter expert.
Loved working here as you can work from the comfort of your home.
If you are perfect in any particular subject then you should try this it's a best platform to build your knowledge in that subject. Also u don't need to struggle for money after that
I have work there for Qc Expert after solving so many question in a month when billing cycle came they show your qc score not 80% and deduct your payment so really they cheat me
Pros
Wrost company wasting your time
Cons
Dont want to work
Good place to answer questions and earn some money. But you need to be very careful while answering. Moderators are harsh sometimes. And you do need to worry about the rating your answers get.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Harsh Moderators
Best work place and Good employee welfare. Supportive management and Excellent employee benefits. HR team needs to have some knowledge on their employee work style.
Pros
Best work environment
Cons
HR team are not supportive
One is expected to provide accurate answer to the question with scientific explanation. Task is time bound and of 90 minutes. No minimum requirement for number of questions solved.
While working at chegg india as sme, you get an opportunity to earn extra bucks apart from your regular job income. It can serve as a part time job and is also paid well. While the working hours at your own discretion, the job is relaxing.
We celebrate every festival (India and US)
A lot of free food, fun activities, excellent office. Mostly people are aged between 23-26 so its just like college.

The pay is less, and the work is not in accordance with Indian universities. Few types of questions pop out repetitively, hence learning stops after some time.
If you have good command in some subject that is in Chegg's list then you can earn good amount of money from it very easily using your knowledge and skills.
Pays very less amount for solving a single question. Salary rate is very low. And question rate is very low. Less questions and more SME.s o I would request to add minimum SMEs.so that question rate is more.
Freshers and students alike would grasp the syllabus of US univesities and also earn money while studying. There is no time schedule. Flexible work hours.