Chegg Employee Reviews

Flexibility at its best
Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee) –  Pune, MaharashtraAugust 12, 2019
You can schedule your working hours according to your wish. Complete freedom to adjust your working hours according to your preferences and time availability..
Excellent
Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee) –  Dibrugarh, AssamAugust 7, 2019
Well i must say it was one of the worlds coolest platform to work with.Your contributing time will decide what you earn.It always makes a excellent relation between family and company.
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Noida, Uttar PradeshJuly 15, 2019
Nice online stage for solving questions and to improve your knowledge. Also a very good stage for earning money while at it. This also help in understanding the subjects where you lack.
Productive and fun place to work
Expert Acquisition Executive (Current Employee) –  Visakhapatnam, Andhra PradeshJuly 10, 2019
Best place to work.
Excellent work culture.
Good HR practices.
No pressure.
Salary: Very impressive
Wok place culture is very good and you will have visibility to interact with top leaders at any point of time.
Management is very good
Pros
Free food and snacks, subsidized lunch
Good job
Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee) –  Delhi, DelhiJuly 8, 2019
Nice job. Work from home. Contractual. Salary on time most of the time. Even if it is late it is late by only 5-6 days. Salary unlimited. It is upto you. More questions you solve more you earn.
Tutors are Expendable !
Tutor (Former Employee) –  IndiaJune 20, 2019
I was a high rated tutor on Chegg with 326 likes and only 8 dislikes. Obviously, a lot of students preferred to stick with me throughout the semester and depended on me.

When I started working part-time as an online tutor back in 2017, the management was quite supportive and always had the tutor's back in case the student was harrassing or trying to shortchange the tutor.

But from early 2019 onwards, there has been a major change in attitude of the support team. It's like we are slaves of the students completing 100% of their assignments instead of helping them out with majority and letting them review the commented code and completing it themselves.

Otherwise, lessons are downvoted and it cannot be reversed in majority of the cases. Then a warning comes along saying "The student was overcharged for the assignment" and then next day...BOOM...your account which had a 97%+ approval rate gets deactivated.

Which is why I mentioned the word "expendable" in the title. They do not care about their own tutors and refuse to provide exact details as to why the account was deactivated. Also, the "three warnings and you're out" policy is just plain silly in my opinion.

We tutors are not six sigma professionals and our clients often are college students strapped for money and will hound, harass and threaten to downvote in case we refuse to complete their assignment and be their slave.

In such a scenario I would recommend the "three strikes for life" be at least changed to "three strikes a year".

Also, re-appealing your deactivation is useless. They will send a final
  more... mail saying :

"""
The decision to deactivate your account is final. We’re sorry for any inconvenience or frustration, but we will not be considering your account for reactivation. Please refrain from contacting us regarding this case as this is the final decision.
"""

Such a draconian reply for one of the top Computer Science tutors on their site.

Their new policy of putting students ahead of tutors is not feasible. Other sites such as TutorMe allow two way rating. You can also rate the student poorly if he/she is trying to control you.

I would recommend other tutoring sites. At least they hold the student accountable for any wrongdoing on their part.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Draconian Management, Tutors considered expendable, Low job security
Fun and flexible
Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee) –  Vishakhapatnam, Andhra pradeshJune 4, 2019
Very much challenging and interesting work. Very good management and work environment. Fun and learning opportunities. flexible working hours. Safe working environment.
Pros
Free snacks in cafeteria
Cons
Time bound
It was good .
Mechanical engineering subject expert (Current Employee) –  Bilaspur, ChhattisgarhApril 5, 2019
Mychegg tutor experience is very good.But it has insecurity.
I fill myself is e flexible person with time and situation to do my work enthusiastically
Everyday is a new challenge
Subject Matter Expert (Finance) (Current Employee) –  New DelhiMarch 4, 2019
A typical day at work is very challenging as you have to come across with number of financial problems which you need to solve to fulfill your job requirement.
Pros
Free Snacks, Good working environment, Work Life Balance.
Cons
Low Salary Benefits
Rich in learning and fun place to work
Expert Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Delhi, DelhiFebruary 27, 2019
It was a great experience working there in chegg. There is some employee learning program and it help me extensively at professional level and also good annual appraisal plan.
Pros
Subsidized Lunch
Cons
Not that I can think of
Good part time opportunity
Computer science subject expert (Current Employee) –  IndiaFebruary 1, 2019
Good part time opportunity. But takes time to answer student questions in detail.Also seasonal .high vovlume of questions during some months and dormat other times
Innovative platform for the students to gain knowledge
Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee) –  Kurukshetra, HaryanaJanuary 7, 2019
Well I've been working here since the past 22 months and it was a great journey. It made me to gain a lot of knowledge of my subject.
It made me self independent and financially stable.
Pros
You can make money so easily
Cons
Works for only about 8 months in a year properly, n the rest of the time you wouldn't be able to get a question on uour board
Nice working place for knowledgables
SME (Subject Matter Expert) (Former Employee) –  DelhiOctober 23, 2018
I enjoyed working here except the time of questions, you get good amount of questions during night, so sometimes you will have to keep awake whole night to solve maximum questions.
Good for pocket money. But uncertainty prevails
Expert (Former Employee) –  IndiaOctober 21, 2018
You can get moderate income, though not very dependable. But they may terminate you without any cause. Every question is critically checked and moderators, owing to poor quality of them, sometimes declare your correct questions wrong and refuse to reply to you or give a clarification. Overall, enjoy as long as you can but don't depend on it.
Pros
Nice working hours
Cons
Poor management and unskilled moderators
Productive and creative environment with great leaders, fun loving people, lovely work-place
Market Research Analyst (Current Employee) –  DELHIAugust 31, 2018
Flexible work hours
Great salary and benefits
Well connected to public transportation
Challenges and creativity in works
Office and work culture are good
Love seo, digital marketing related task
Seniors, managers, and directors are supportive

Overall feel like home with family member type colleagues
Pros
Free lunch, Party loving seniors
Cons
Some time log hours but manageable
Content Moderator (Former Employee) –  Jasola, DelhiJune 8, 2018
• To Retrieve, Modify, Delete data using sql queries from the Data Base.
• To maintain MIS for the employee working in my team.
• Labeling and price tagging of samples (products) according to verticals like Brand, Name, Type, Images, Description and MPN.
• To generate the evaluating factor (Quality, Utilization, and AJPD) reports.
• Reporting bugs using internal tool.
• Research on steps and measures that may lead to the process improvement.
• Post analysis, helping the team and management add value to the project by actively providing feedback and assistance to improve the quality of work by the team members, and hence the improve process efficiency.
elevation of life
managed network expert (Current Employee) –  Chennai, Tamil NaduMarch 28, 2018
the company provides good valuable resources for both gaining knowledge and characterising the knowledge.Slving the problems willl make us clear about the concepts linking the particular para or chapter.
productive
Subject Matter Expert (SME) (Current Employee) –  Delhi, DelhiFebruary 22, 2018
I have been working as a subject matter expert, its payment method is highly applaudable - no delays in payment. Good Question volumes. flexible time, corporative management team.
Good opportunity for freelance experts for extra earning
Freelance subject matter expert for Psychology (Current Employee) –  KarnatakaDecember 2, 2017
Helping the students through expert answer gives a satisfaction and also earning potential is good. There is no fixed target, but earning is also proportional to contribution.
Pros
Telecommute, no targets, life balance.
Cons
Nothing.
workplace
Subject Matter Expert (SME) (Current Employee) –  DelhiAugust 26, 2017
i started from this year and i am currently work on this site ,good timing and salary on its time. great workplace. its learn many good things about teaching and solving problems.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chegg. Our community is ready to answer.