Cepheid Employee Reviews

fun workplace
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Lodi, CAMarch 15, 2019
It is a friendly environment, co-workers are helpful and willing to train. Cepheid has free coffee and icee machines. The work is easy to comprehend and the machines are easy to learn.
Pros
vending machines are cheaper
Cons
short breaks
SOFTWARE ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAFebruary 27, 2019
Good team with helpful people. Great carrier growth and new technology to learn. Good work life balance. Good work culture.
Great working environment and benefits.
I enjoyed the people I worked with
Senior Buyer/Commodity Manager (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAFebruary 23, 2019
The best part working at Cepheid was the people. Especially my team mates. We were always will to help each other out and pick up the slack when we saw our peers was getting over loaded.
Pros
The moral the synergy between my peers
Cons
Management was a little top heavy when I worked there
Good place to start your career
Chemist (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJanuary 29, 2019
The company is growing in high speed. But isn't invest on their employees. The benefits got more expensive and no more Christmas Party. Poor management.
Great plqcw
PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Lodi, CA 95240January 28, 2019
This is a great place to work. Everyone is friendly and works together. They is a lean manufacturing atmosphere there. There is also lots of potential of growth
Fast pass environment with a 25% planned and 75% reactionary environment
Sr. Process Engineer - Operations Division (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJanuary 25, 2019
Dynamic work environment with endless opportunities to sustain and/or improve manufacturing systems/processes. Complex implementation process, making improvements very difficult to implement.
Pros
Great immediate team
Cons
Running 100mph with reasonable direction. Divisions within struggle to work collectively
Productive always work to do.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJanuary 11, 2019
was very busy and good work place and very good employees.
I learned about SAP there. and management was really not that great until last year its really great now.
Pros
good employees to work with
Cons
over time
Annually picnic Workplace culture
Assembler/Production (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CADecember 12, 2018
We have fun picnic every year in the park .,Good food veg,non veg ,lot of fun,,game ,picture booth,massage ,face painting, Lot of giving away.We have tone of fun.
Pros
fun
Cons
Some time hot weather
great place to work
MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CANovember 28, 2018
I liked working here good people good commute lots of breaks the work was fun and the management good ...................................................
just don't
Software Quality Engineer I (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CANovember 14, 2018
Like seriously just don't unless you're looking into doing research and development in biology. I have heard only good things about R&D and Assay development though.
Company with a great mission
HR (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAOctober 31, 2018
I joined Cepheid because I wanted to be part of a company that was doing some good in the world and that's definitely what I've found here. My days are consistently busy and I love that. My work is challenging in the best way and if/when I feel like taking on more, all I have to do is ask. Not all employees may have this, but I enjoy that Cepheid gives me leeway to do what I feel is necessary to be successful in my role. Overall, a really enjoyable company to be a part of.
Pros
great mission, challenging work, advancement opportunities, continued innovation
Cons
no structured work-from-home options; general growing pains
poor management and little compensation
QC Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAOctober 29, 2018
Little compensation compared to the high living cost in the Bay Area
Not much support from upper management
Not much communication within the company
Quality is the worse area
Pros
Learn different roles in the one position
Cons
little compensation, no stock offered, no bonus
Biotech Company
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAOctober 26, 2018
First job that gave me the graveyard shift, I could get everything I needed to get done during the day and go to work after hours, With traditions such as Secret Santa, all of the employees got along and taught each other about the machines and guidelines to maintain safety and little errors.
Environnement de travail exceptionnel
Sales & Logistics Assistant (Worldwide - HBDC) (Former Employee) –  Maurens-Scopont (81)October 18, 2018
Non seulement l'environnement de travail est exceptionnel, mais aussi la culture internationale en interne et en externe sont exceptionnels. Le PDG (Paul Steuperaert) est pour tous un exemple d'humanité
Pros
Culture d'entreprise
Cons
Loin de tous commerces
A lot of change
Sr Logistics Analyst Manager (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CASeptember 23, 2018
Since Danaher purchased Cepheid 2 years ago, the company has changed drastically. Instead of customer focused its now about the bottom line. Instead of understanding the company, product and customer they came in and started enforcing the Danaher Business model. At a high level, its good. But it needs to be streamlined to fit the Cepheid. The Danaher executives are not flexible, they have no regard for the employees of the company they purchased and customer service needs are not a priority.
Pros
None except the product is exception
Cons
Danaher purchased the company and instead of understanding the business, bulldozed it with changes
Fun place to work
Material Handler Level 3 (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale caSeptember 18, 2018
Be very productive multi tasking fast paced up for new challenges learning new tasks a lot of walking around on time punctual accountable reliable always thinking ahead
Cepheid
Manager (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CASeptember 7, 2018
Decent company. Need a culture shift and organizational change for there to be progression. Too many silo's and they are not actively broken down by executive management. Too many important initiatives for the business are drive bottom-up which does not facilitate success.
Pros
Cons
Management needs to be more driven; Culture shift necessary for company-wide success;
people are not friendly
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CA 94089August 6, 2018
I was able to learned a lot. The most enjoyable part of the job is the break room. They have everything you need. The hardest part of this job is to operated machine.
Productive work environment
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJuly 17, 2018
Excellent training from upper management
Great teamwork
Fast paced with quality work is performed everyday
Safety was the number one priority day in and day out
Pros
Fast Paced
Cons
10 minute breaks
productive and fun working
Machine Operator/ Lead Assist (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJuly 10, 2018
I learned a lot of things how to work at fast and to do my job on time and how much they have your back. The responsible that I had was to motivated person and be good nature to be able to coordinated and complete assignment on time and very flexible give assist to the Lead and help train the new machine operators.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cepheid. Our community is ready to answer.