CENTRAL WAREHOUSING CORPORATION

CENTRAL WAREHOUSING CORPORATION Employee Reviews

A good challenging job for storage of Farmers produce, industrial goods and logistic management
Storage & Inspection Officer (Former Employee) –  RetiredOctober 3, 2019
I enjoyed a lot in executing my duties as technical man as well as administrator, inspection of warehouses.
I performed successfully and satisfied job experience in the field of scientific storage of Agri products, export/ import fields and railside warehouses.The salary package is the best and more attractive package of allowances and medical benefits.
Pros
Good salaries
Cons
Field work include rural areas.
Overall it is a good organisation and gives importance on other activities beside hard work.
Group General Manager. (Former Employee) –  500 warehouses pan IndiaSeptember 13, 2019
Emphasis is given on multi-tasking i.e. Warehousing, Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Procurement and HR Functions.

Follows procedures strictly but not at the cost of targets.
Great
Intern Trainee (Former Employee) –  Hauz Khas, Delhi, DelhiJanuary 12, 2019
Great environment, no work pressure . Great learning. Different preparation of accounts according to law. So overall good learning experience and good working place.
Productive challenging but need refinement
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Delhi, DelhiOctober 21, 2017
Good paymaster, simple nature of job but need to grow in attitude and aptitude. Those who relax enjoy others work.Due to poor recruitment policy over last few years they have stunted. As also the union has not been taken by the horns thus has had a cancerous growth. Need a surgery of sorts.
Pros
Simple nature of job...good for mediocres
Cons
Need strong leaders
It was productive as well as opportunity to face the challenges
Sr.Asstt Manager (Former Employee) –  Delhi, DelhiOctober 14, 2017
Over all my company was a place where I was able to face numerous unseen challenges and got opportunity to solve various ticklish problems in a cool and calm way. I could get opportunity to do my best in the interest of company due my sound educational back grounds.. Human management was adventurous for me as I could utilised and get full benefits of my MBA degree.
Pros
Refreshments like tea snacks etc and even lunch /dinner if works beyond office hours
Cons
Some times long hrs job
productive
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Amravati, MaharashtraJune 27, 2017
very good approach. no discrimination found or felt by the management
we used to work together and managed the things whether it is morning or night 10 pm
Central ware housing corporation is a best place to work with
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Noida, Uttar PradeshApril 29, 2017
i have spent more than 34 years with this organisation and worked in different locations of Delhi.job security is their. Its a government under taking company
so-so
Manager-CFS (Current Employee) –  IndiaJanuary 24, 2017
highly beauracratic, high responsibility with comparable same pay of performers as well as non-performers, high tranfers, poor management as well as poor working hours
exellent
Deputy General Manager (Former Employee) –  New Delhi, DelhiNovember 2, 2016
it is an excellent central psu under ministry of food which has been providing not only warehousing and logistic support to its various clients in the country but also management and operations of EXIM Cargo/Air cargo and movement of its own container too
Good Working Environment
Helpful Staff
Good Exposure
Good Management Level
Canteen Facility
Pros
Canteen Facility
Cons
fun work place with hard work
asst general manager (Current Employee) –  Guwahati, AssamFebruary 9, 2016
work begins with interaction with field officers and calls to bosses on review.Learnt to cope with more work pressure and trying to give my best MD is very understanding and cooperative to field problems and gives his best .Co-workers are supportive and try to give their best.Due to lack of experienced hand in the R.Os one has to become a jack of all trades. Having a very young and vibrant team to tide over all odds with a few hick ups..
Pros
free travel
Cons
A place to learn about Warehousing, storage & Distribution.
Storage & Inspection Officer (Former Employee) –  Lucknow, UPDecember 11, 2014
The hardest part on a typical heavily rainy day followed by storm, was when one of my security guard knocked at my door in the evening hours and informed that 80% of the roof sheets of the godowns were blown off during high velocity wind and while the rainwater is damaging the stocks, the godown is exposed to antisocial elements.

Being Warehouse Manager, I immediately rushed to the Police Station, requested & persuaded the Police Officer and arranged posting of 6 armed guards around our godowns for 24 hours.

Thereafter, I went to the residence of Regional Manager to inform him of the incident, action taken to prevent theft etc, and requested for funds to start re fixing of new roof sheets from next morning itself.

Basically, any repair or maintenance job is undertaken by our own construction division after followed laid down procedure but there was no time for me to wait for such delayed official procedure. Therefore, I insisted & persuaded him also to allow me to do it on top priority.

I was able to complete the entire task within 20 hours with the cooperation of my Regional Office, my colleagues and Police department under the most difficult situation in city.
Pros
I saved the public property, stocks etc.
food security
Quality Control Asistant (Former Employee) –  Vijayawada, APOctober 27, 2014
my job is a out sourcing job,contract period has been completed thatswhy they terminated me.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
sufficient time