CENTRAL FOOD TECHNOLOGICAL RESEARCH INSTITUTE Employee Reviews

productive and relaxed work place
Project assistant (Current Employee) –  Mysore, KarnatakaMay 3, 2018
Working as a project assistant in CFTRI is very interesting and I am doing R&D and New product development. I mainly learned the entire process of a product development.
Pros
Free health check up
Cons
short paid leaves
A good place to work
Senior Research Fellow (Former Employee) –  Mysore, KarnatakaApril 6, 2018
CFTRI is good place to work. Food research is the main are of focus in the institute. I am doing PhD and I am working here since 2009. The overall experience in CFTRI is very satisfactory.
Awesome place
Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Mysore, KarnatakaNovember 27, 2017
The balance in terms of work physical and social environment was very empowering and balanced. The project was focused, clear and planned. Clarity of work and work life balance is what I experienced at its best. There was lot of room for advancement.
Pros
HQ lunch at low cost, Awesome Boss, Worklife Balance
Cons
Sometimes long hours, paper work long procedures
Research assistant (Former Employee) –  Mysore, KarnatakaSeptember 23, 2017
I learnt to handle and work with Mass spectrometry, analyse and trouble shoot the results which was a great and amazing fun filled experience. Very helpful people around, it was a very friendly place to work with work-life balance.
Productive workplace
Dissertation Trainee (Former Employee) –  Mysore, KarnatakaJune 24, 2017
I pursued my dissertation there, and it was a very friendly, helpful and a productive environment to work in. The scientists and PhD scholars are extremely helpful and my desired end goals were achieved .
Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  MysoreJune 17, 2017
Its a very good Institute to carry out basic research. All the scientists are easily approachable for any guidelines and assistance. The research scholars are also helpful.
A research skill, technical facility and fun environment
Senior Research Fellow (SRF) (Current Employee) –  Mysuru, KarnatakaDecember 20, 2016
I get refresh my mind by visiting the canteen with friends in morning tea/coffee break with a cup of caffeine boosted coffee. I start my work with a plan schedule, i meet and greet my colleagues with smile that enriches the mood of mine. Before start of my work I inform to my supervisor/boss about my work. For execution of my research work, If I have any requirements I get help from supportive colleagues and staff. The management team facilitates in booking the slot for running the instrument.
Best Research Environment
Dissertation Intern (Former Employee) –  Mysore, KarnatakaOctober 15, 2016
The best place to learn , grow and make an impact. They are actively involved in solving global problems employing scientific research.
The best food research in Asian continent, completely dedicated to food science
Senior/Junior Research Fellow (Former Employee) –  Mysore, KarnatakaJune 6, 2016
The working hours is from 8.30 AM to 4.30 PM, with one hour lunch break and two coffee breaks of 15 minutes each. The working atmosphere excellent. I have got chance to lead projects. I maintain a good relationship with co-workers of different ethnicity.
Microbiologist
Project Assistant Level-II (Former Employee) –  Mysore, KANovember 12, 2014
While working with CFTRI, a government organization, I successfully applied my research skills and worked closely with the samples (poultry, meat and sausage) being studied. I supported the research in completing assigned experiments, and recorded and analyzed massive amounts of data. This experience gave me the opportunity to work closely with a team of researchers, and helped me to understand the importance of good lab practice.
Pros
gaining knowledge
Productive work place
Project Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mysore, KAAugust 14, 2014
Productive work place,
Enjoyable work place where we can get open mind work enviroment
Good place to learn more and more in different fields
Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mysore, KAJune 27, 2013
Its a good time to work and learn there. My coluges and guide are very much suportive to me during my work period. Its like a different fruites in a single tree, means different work carried by each person and also weekly seminar is also very helpfull for getting knowledge about others work.
Pros
Bitheday celebrations
Cons
long working time
Very good working atmosphear and freedom to wok
Senior Principal Scientis (Current Employee) –  MysoreJanuary 7, 2013
Bussy with all research activties related to food and always in touch with new methodology in Food product development R&D espacially in convenience shelf stable foods (e.g spice mixes, meat products etc0.