Cargill
Coronavirus update
Information from Cargill:

Cargill Employee Reviews

Showing all 4,557 reviews
One of the good companies to start career. Have gained good knowledge regarding the activities being performed. Good company to learn and explore corporate world.
The only fun part is getting to know people and learning how to do the job but other than that the pay is at least decent otherwise doing the same stuff each day gets boring really. Everything else is fine though except for advancing up in pay pretty much people are there for years so really you have no chance of going higher.
Pros
Rarely free lunches, 3 long 20 min breaks (5 mins to walk there).
Cons
Basic healthcare, doing the same stuff each day
Horrible place to work. Over worked never appreciated or cared about. Always taken advantage of. Always screwed over in the end . I DO NOT recommend anyone to go and work there.
Cons
It's the typical job. Not hard, the pay is great for how much work you actually do. Benefits are standard as well. Days off aren't guaranteed as you have to cover for others.
Pros
Paid lunch, barely any supervision.
Cons
Feel unappreciated
Cargill eddyville is pretty bleak and depressing place. You work rotating 12 hr shifts. Usually you are cleaning up someone elses mistake and trying to get the plant back at rate. They hire anyone and shoehorn them into whatever empty spot they have. CNA with zero mechanical ability, COME BE A TECHNICIAN. Never even held a wrench in your life COME BE A TECHNICIAN. The managers are usually clueless college kids who saw it in a book once and have to be taught how to do their jobs by their subordinates. The place will give you a great education in back stabbing, poor managers, and buck passing. If you are a person of ability and a go getter, the only thing that will happen is you will end up picking up the slack for the department and eventually it will be expected of you. There is no incentive to give 100% because all it does is make you the department whipping boy. Oh and on top of all of this, the plant is filthy, flooded and a lot of the equipment is in some state of disrepair, or jerry rigged to work.
Benefits
Cons
Management, work life balance, pay, working conditions
As a global company, Cargill has a lot of connections all around the world. This makes transferring to various offices easy, and there's a lot of opportunity for growth in the company.
Pros
Benefits, Work-Life Balance
Cons
Upper Management
Great company to advance and grow in, awesome atmosphere. Some managers are professional and supportive. But most are immature and don't know what they are doing half the time.
Pros
Bonuses, company parties and employee appreciation
Cons
Point system, sometimes write up for doctor's notes
I would have liked to be able to continue working at Cargill, unfortunately when Covid19 came into play there was little or no support for us to reach out to in the training process due to majority of Managers / Trainers were working offsite or opposite shift making it difficult to continue progress to meet training goals on a consistent basis. New Hires did not have tools at their fingertips to assist them in succeeding .. we really didn't know what the right questions were to be able to ask which would help us succeed.
Pros
Day shift, Alot of good people working there
Cons
Healthcare benefits fall short, night shift work, little or no support from your crew to compliment you when you went over and above.
I enjoyed my time there. I learned a lot of new skills alone the way. Anybody can move up within the company. You sometimes get bonus and a lot of overtime.
I worked at a salt mining facility. Opportunity to learn is available.Safety is prime importance. Very interesting, unique place to work. This facility is part of the protein division - considered food grade. There was so much to learn. Cargill itself offers much to the employee. They show concern about the employee work life balance and daily work ergonomics.
Pros
Free lunches, group activities, community involvement, employee perks
Cons
located in the middle of nowhere
Working here was a great your always busy if u can stand the cold and don’t mind working in the cold then this is the job for u awesome in the summer & lots of overtime if needed
Pros
Perks within the company
Cons
Points
The job I had was not bad, but the second shift supervisor was lazy and hardly did any work. The pay wasn’t bad, but it could be better. If you were on 3rd shift , your schedule got switched a lot. A lot of times you would work 2nd shift one week, then worn 3rd shift the next week.
Pros
Decent pay. Coworkers were cool.
Cons
Only 1 half hour break for lunch. No overtime.
Local ótimo para ser trabalhar limpo seguro, segurança muito boa
Pros
Beneficios
Cons
Gerência
Its a place where you get what you put into it. But as any large corporation it always feels like you have to watch over your back. It really depends on the people you are working directly with if you'll have a good experience with them or not.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
I broke my foot, the next day that I was out of the hospital they sent someone to pick me up. I was with a lot of pain and they told me that I was better at the company than in my house if I didn't go, I was going to be fire. Bad company to work for. They don't care about the people that gets hurt.
Pros
no pros
Cons
supervisors just need a whip
You most likely won’t advance if you don’t brown nose or if you don’t know the right people. Favoritism is a huge problem at this company. One manager in particular, blonde curly headed monster, made many employees lives miserable and no matter how many employees complain about her management always seems to save her job. The pay is great but the culture is toxic. I do not recommend this facility.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Management plays favorites. Too many hours
Awful place to work. The hard working employees just get told to work faster , yet the ones that don't work never have a word said to them.If you enjoy working mostly 7 days a week great place for you.. very hard to use your vacation time.. Very repetitive working conditions Would never recommend anyone to go work thereManagement gossip about the workers all the time
Pros
Great insurance
Cons
Always work 6 or 7 days a week. barely get a day off without having to call in
Management is very undeveloped and they like to term for no cause after a short time. The leadership is not engaged and safety is not a priority. Team members get hurt and they want you to cover it up
Cargill is a great place to work, I've worked for corporate and at Elk River. Very inclusive culture, excellent pay, good values as a company and as a team.
If you want something quick and easy for fast menu then go this is the job for you. If you want a career sk.ehwrre that you can grow and retire then I would steer for away from here.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
Bad Management
Cargill foods is a company to work specially if you are a first coming in Canada .they pay good and you lol have 2 shift morning and afternoon wish give you access to pick for your convince .excellent benefits package and medical facilities in the plant .they have different departments and you can sing for differents jobs if you are not happy with the one you have ,it is a union work inveroment though it is a seniority wait period. each job have a different rate .more difficult the job better the pay because is a different levels per job . Cargill take safety very seriously and you learn to do it as well . you'll be working with knife and they want you to go home safe and sound. Cargill is a big plant and very busy ,hard work but I got my family everything we deserve in life.
Pros
Recognition for hard working, safety, and atendance
Cons
45 minutes from Calgary and problem with hand if don't learn to sharp knifes