Camden County College Employee Reviews

Adjunct Faculty Compensation
Adjunct Associate Professor (Current Employee) –  Blackwood, NJMay 25, 2019
Adjunct faculty are expected to develop independent study courses up to 13 weeks without pay until the course ends. Professional Development is scheduled without informing faculty when the location changes. The last check has to be picked up in a parking lot with security with a rough draft of all student assignments and confirmation of grades handed to security. If the check has to be mailed, faculty waits extended periods of time to get their check through work is completed. This is the worst system I have ever experienced for professional academic employees. Advancement is highly political and based on one's ethnic group.
Pros
Nice adjunct faculty and union to work with
Cons
Poor management practices
No Room for Advancement and Terrible Communication
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Blackwood, NJApril 13, 2019
It seems as if the entire culture at this school is either full time employees taking advantage of their positions and all other employees competing to become a full time employee. The majority of instructors are adjunct employees but get little respect from administration. The pay is very low and there is little to no support from directors and deans. The most unfortunate part is the students who suffer most from the terrible employment culture.
Pros
Working with students in a learning environment
Cons
Lack of Communication, Low wages, Uncertainty of employment
Instructor
Blackwood, New Jersey, Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Blackwood, NJJanuary 1, 2019
This is a good place to work but limited opportunities for part-time instructors. Not a lot of advancement at this time. The administration is full of great people and it is a lot of fun.
Nice beginning job for those graduating
Online and Residential Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Blackwood, NJDecember 18, 2018
The workplace is relaxing and great to gain experience as an adjunct professor. I learned a lot working there and I gained valuable experience as well as building a great relationship with others.
Pros
Laid-back
Cons
Pay
Fun, productive
Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Blackwood, NJNovember 27, 2018
Productive and fun place to work at and flexible hours gives everyone a chance. Collaboration is very good as well as team work. Overall a very good place to work.
Part time employment, environment could be dangerous at times, police officer present at all times
County Security Guard Board of Social Services (Current Employee) –  Blackwood, NJOctober 10, 2018
More retired people need to be hired , this would eliminate a lot of the problems going on .The mostly young workforce live home and aren’t responsible, especially with their attendance.I used my strong personal skills to help clients in dire need, clients came in and asked me for me on my day off because I had patience with them. This job exposed me to all people from all walks of life, it is a very rewarding job
Pros
Great schedule, Mon, Tues, Wed 8-4:30
Cons
Traveling to Camden, Rt52 traffic heavy everyday
camden county college
Purchasing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Blackwood, NJSeptember 26, 2018
Camden County College is a wonderful place to work. Friendly people, great benefits. The college believes in promoting within and gives you the tools to achieve your goals.
Pros
benefits and the ability to take classes
Cons
compensation could be higher
Very fun place to work while attending school
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blackwood, NJJune 25, 2018
CCC management is very helpful and supportive of finishing your education while on the job. I worked as an admin and trying to finish my associates degree at the same time. As long as my work was done and the phones were managed, I could work on my school work. They were very understanding of my very little spare time due to working two jobs and attending school. The management treated me like family, of course, while keeping it very professional.
Pros
Discounts on books
Cons
No paid time off, only due to part time employment
Camden County College Review
Clerical Aide (Former Employee) –  Blackwood, NJMay 30, 2018
I worked as an interim worker as a clerks aide through financial aide. I enjoyed my time there. I learned a lot. I was able to do homework and do assigned tasks.
Pros
it gave me experience
Cons
it was temporary
alright
DISABLED STUDENT NOTE TAKER (Former Employee) –  Blackwood, NJMay 28, 2018
this was an okay job through the school. i was working here while attending college. this was a bit stressful managing someone else's entire school life while also trying to maintain my own. but it was very rewarding
A nice place to work as an entry-level student.
Chemical Lab Assistant Technician (Current Employee) –  Blackwood, NJMay 28, 2018
This job involves maintenance of laboratory rooms, upkeep of chemical equipment, preparation of chemical experiments and assisting other professors in getting what they need to run their experiments. The hours are flexible; the manager is willing to work with your schedule. The faculty is friendly and dependable; they are not afraid to lend a hand.
This is a good job for any student going to college, without having to worry about retail or other superfluous requirements. The manager will expect you to learn fast, but will keep your general safety in mind.
Pros
Discounts (books, dental, vision), $10.00, schedule flexibility, hands-on experience in the laboratory
Cons
No benefits, short lunch breaks, manager can sometimes be vague in directions
Culturally stimulating
Adjunct (Former Employee) –  Blackwood, NJMay 22, 2018
I enjoyed working in Camden from K through the Adult adjunct positions. The students are real, and need all the help they can get to make it through college.
Pros
Exciting
Cons
Not enough pay or classes
Exhausting
Lab Tech Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJMay 3, 2018
Trying to find a job with advancement and better pay. It is okay, but I think I can do better and make more since I have the knowledge and the education under my belt to do so.
Very productive place to work. Enjoyed my job.
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJApril 30, 2018
Friendly work enviroment where other staff are helpful and knowledgeable. I would recommend working at CCC. The campus and employees had the students' interests at heart.
Ccc
IT (Current Employee) –  Blackwood, NJApril 2, 2018
Typical day starts out slow then becomes stressful, work is reactionary not really proactive.
Job security is not great, have to pay into union which expensive and and union is ineffective.

The most enjoyable part is working with my co-workers.

Management seems to be in panic mode and always remind us that we need to work hard and longer
Fast Paced
Director / Educational Opportunity Fund Program (Current Employee) –  Blackwood, NJMarch 23, 2018
A typical day involves the management of 5 employees, preparing reports, recruitment, student analysis, and administrative duties.

I have learned how to prepare in detail both an annual and expenditure report.

Management focuses on their agenda instead of enabling departments the ability to help in the overall production of the organization.

The workplace culture is one of high content.

The hardest part of the job is to manage based on the priority of another's agenda.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the personal impact on student's academic success.
Pros
I work with great people in my department.
Cons
My department was understaffed and overworked
Stressful place to work
Staff (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJMarch 1, 2018
It is sad that CCC used to be a good place to work, but this new administrator its making it hard and in some cases impossible to continued working for them.

A typical day at work is stressful an long hours

I had learn that I cannot trust your co worker

Management lack of professionalism, and some supervisor are bully

Workplace culture its okay

The hardest part of the job is to deal with harassment and bully in a daily basis

The most enjoyable part of the job is the students
Benefits
Cons
Management, harassment and bully from the administrator and certain supervisor
Public Employment
Adjunct Faculty - Liberal Arts and Science (Former Employee) –  Blackwood, NJFebruary 7, 2018
The job itself was rewarding. However, management was lacking. Lack of experience working with the higher ed population. Positions were political and very difficult to secure.
Pros
vacation time
Cons
low pay
Adjunct Professer
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Blackwood, NJFebruary 7, 2018
I lectured classes for dental assistant. I learned how to teach while going for my BA. Management was supportive and very reasonable.
The hardest part of the job, was ending the lecture in the allowed time. It was a lot of hands on training which was the best part of the job.
Pros
Teaching a career that I had worked in
Cons
Not enough time to explain procedures, classes were to short
Work study
Federal Work Study (FWS) Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Blackwood, NJJanuary 21, 2018
This a work study, a student financial aid to work few hours and earn stipend, not exactly a job or a salary, but you can gain some job experience and skills interacting with co-workers.