Camden County College

Camden County College Employee Reviews

no opportunity for advancement
Help desk (Former Employee) –  Blackwood, NJNovember 25, 2019
I worked at Camden County College for 2 years. I was never given the opportunity for full time employment. Very biased environment. Never again will i work for CCC God has blessed me with a law enforcement job.
Good bye CCC.
Great place to work!
Educational Opportunity Fund Navigator (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJNovember 13, 2019
Camden County College is a wonderful place to work! Everyone there is helpful and open to helping others learn and succeed. The culture there is relaxed and truly about the students. Benefits are great and overall it is a great place to work. Work/life balance is great also!
Adjunct Professor/ Health and Exercise Science (Former Employee) –  Blackwood, NJNovember 8, 2019
15 years employed as Adjunct Professor and one of the best experiences of my life. The Dean's and Directors were extremely supportive and was a major part of my success at the college.
Adjunct Instructor Position
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Blackwood, NJOctober 23, 2019
Be friendly and professional with students and other Instructors. Other full time Instructors only value Adjuncts with terminal degrees in the field they are teaching. It is a good school with many valuable programs.
Pros
Freedom to teach students as you want
Cons
Students can report instructor at their whim
Community College
Coordinator of Advisement (Former Employee) –  Blackwood, NJSeptember 26, 2019
Typical day was working with students. Enjoyed working with students for the most part. Management is not always receptive to change. Beautiful campus.
Nice place to work
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Blackwood, NJAugust 16, 2019
Good place to work at. It truly helps, however, that decent people work to make the college a good place for all to work and study! Only wish that more time could be spent there!
It was a student work position that led to more opportunities for me. The staff is excellent at Camden Ounty College Camden City!
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Camden County Advisment CenterJuly 23, 2019
I was a student worker at Camden County College. I learned a lot and it was a pleasure to work with the staff. The job lead to other opportunities for me because working there gave me the chance to build a repor with the staff.
Assistsnt coordinator
Program coordinator (Former Employee) –  Blackwood, NJJuly 14, 2019
It is a good starter or part time job . The work atmosphere is very friendly and fun. However there is no advancement or pay raises. The main focus is the bottom line.
Adjunct Faculty Compensation
Adjunct Associate Professor (Current Employee) –  Blackwood, NJMay 25, 2019
Adjunct faculty are expected to develop independent study courses up to 13 weeks without pay until the course ends. Professional Development is scheduled without informing faculty when the location changes. The last check has to be picked up in a parking lot with security with a rough draft of all student assignments and confirmation of grades handed to security. If the check has to be mailed, faculty waits extended periods of time to get their check through work is completed. This is the worst system I have ever experienced for professional academic employees. Advancement is highly political and based on one's ethnic group.
Pros
Nice adjunct faculty and union to work with
Cons
Poor management practices
No Room for Advancement and Terrible Communication
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Blackwood, NJApril 13, 2019
It seems as if the entire culture at this school is either full time employees taking advantage of their positions and all other employees competing to become a full time employee. The majority of instructors are adjunct employees but get little respect from administration. The pay is very low and there is little to no support from directors and deans. The most unfortunate part is the students who suffer most from the terrible employment culture.
Pros
Working with students in a learning environment
Cons
Lack of Communication, Low wages, Uncertainty of employment
Productive fun workplace great environment Positive people
Receptionist/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJFebruary 9, 2019
Great positive people fun environment got to meet a lot of important people from the community. Learn to answer phones file copy and fax etc. worked well with others, quick learner reliable.
Pros
Great employees wonderful management Enjoyable workplace
Instructor
Blackwood, New Jersey, Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Blackwood, NJJanuary 1, 2019
This is a good place to work but limited opportunities for part-time instructors. Not a lot of advancement at this time. The administration is full of great people and it is a lot of fun.
Nice beginning job for those graduating
Online and Residential Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Blackwood, NJDecember 18, 2018
The workplace is relaxing and great to gain experience as an adjunct professor. I learned a lot working there and I gained valuable experience as well as building a great relationship with others.
Pros
Laid-back
Cons
Pay
Fun, productive
Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Blackwood, NJNovember 27, 2018
Productive and fun place to work at and flexible hours gives everyone a chance. Collaboration is very good as well as team work. Overall a very good place to work.
Part time employment, environment could be dangerous at times, police officer present at all times
County Security Guard Board of Social Services (Current Employee) –  Blackwood, NJOctober 10, 2018
More retired people need to be hired , this would eliminate a lot of the problems going on .The mostly young workforce live home and aren’t responsible, especially with their attendance.I used my strong personal skills to help clients in dire need, clients came in and asked me for me on my day off because I had patience with them. This job exposed me to all people from all walks of life, it is a very rewarding job
Pros
Great schedule, Mon, Tues, Wed 8-4:30
Cons
Traveling to Camden, Rt52 traffic heavy everyday
camden county college
Purchasing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Blackwood, NJSeptember 26, 2018
Camden County College is a wonderful place to work. Friendly people, great benefits. The college believes in promoting within and gives you the tools to achieve your goals.
Pros
benefits and the ability to take classes
Cons
compensation could be higher
Very fun place to work while attending school
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blackwood, NJJune 25, 2018
CCC management is very helpful and supportive of finishing your education while on the job. I worked as an admin and trying to finish my associates degree at the same time. As long as my work was done and the phones were managed, I could work on my school work. They were very understanding of my very little spare time due to working two jobs and attending school. The management treated me like family, of course, while keeping it very professional.
Pros
Discounts on books
Cons
No paid time off, only due to part time employment
Camden County College Review
Clerical Aide (Former Employee) –  Blackwood, NJMay 30, 2018
I worked as an interim worker as a clerks aide through financial aide. I enjoyed my time there. I learned a lot. I was able to do homework and do assigned tasks.
Pros
it gave me experience
Cons
it was temporary
alright
DISABLED STUDENT NOTE TAKER (Former Employee) –  Blackwood, NJMay 28, 2018
this was an okay job through the school. i was working here while attending college. this was a bit stressful managing someone else's entire school life while also trying to maintain my own. but it was very rewarding
A nice place to work as an entry-level student.
Chemical Lab Assistant Technician (Current Employee) –  Blackwood, NJMay 28, 2018
This job involves maintenance of laboratory rooms, upkeep of chemical equipment, preparation of chemical experiments and assisting other professors in getting what they need to run their experiments. The hours are flexible; the manager is willing to work with your schedule. The faculty is friendly and dependable; they are not afraid to lend a hand.
This is a good job for any student going to college, without having to worry about retail or other superfluous requirements. The manager will expect you to learn fast, but will keep your general safety in mind.
Pros
Discounts (books, dental, vision), $10.00, schedule flexibility, hands-on experience in the laboratory
Cons
No benefits, short lunch breaks, manager can sometimes be vague in directions