British Council

British Council Employee Reviews

India127 reviews
Working for the British Council have a unique opportunity to gain experience and develop skills in a modern, rapidly changing organisation with worldwide influence and impact. Jobs with the British Council offer scope for versatility, initiative and creativity in a stimulating and supportive environment.
The company is archaic in its policies and processes. If you are ambitious and want to grow in your field, this is not the place for you.
There is clear demarcation and disconnect between senior management team and the on ground team and under the garb of collaboration, the pace of work suffers.
Nice experience .... The overall environment is very vibrant and people are also very helpful... Team building activities at work are fun... I have also opportunity to work at British council - Barakhamba Road office and by far it will be the most amazing office I have worked till date....
It's was a wonderful experience to work in a spoken English program of British council.
I had a great learning experience.

Looking forward in more projects.
great place to work and learn great new things.people here are very expericed and have great skill we get a lot to learn from them and grow as a freelancer.
Great ambience with availability of metro.
Security is good.

Healthy environment.

More opportunity.

Transport facility is not much good.....

Good food but expensive.
It was a bit hectic for the teacher as well as the students as the timings were from 8am to 2 pm and we have to take sessions continuously with just 2 breaks of 10 mins and one 20 min break. Otherwise the learning outcomes were great and ot was a great experience.
Work culture is formal, you get a lot of networking opportunities with English professors, trainers; work is simple : customer and process focused, but rate of pay is just Rs 140 an hour and 7-8 hours of work (7-10 days a month). this So those who depend on it full time - and will face disappointment and frustration.
Pros
Lots of training, networking opportunities, some paid travel, English speaking atmosphere and mutual respect.
Cons
Poor pay rate, lots of churn and turnover of staff, only part time work (1-2 days a week), management doesn't respond to queries nor prefers face to face interactions
Excellent experience n professional.. With a care of maintaining standard n quality of ielts exams..
British council takes care of his clients as wel as employees.. A nice platform for exceeding ones career..
Working in British Council has taught me lot of things like leadership values and how to handle big problems. And I enjoyed working there and every time we used to deal with different type of customers.
It gave me a platform to identify my identity,opened many opportunities.

Confidence

Work life Balance

Positive

Ability to açcept challenge.

Never be stressed for work
Good Job Culture. Good service. I actually worked there while doing my MBA. British council is one of the top management who is running the IELTS TEST and we can work there as per our wish. We can put the slots or we can book the days in advance for the work. They will provide the centre. Really good atmosphere. The payments will be delayed for 2 months.
Had to be on toes. Man management. Punctuality. Good.Time management. Prioritizing. Socializing. Analytical mind. Don't say Yes when you want to say No. Reading between lines. Understanding Rules and Regulations. Interpretation. Implementing rules, procedures and practices more in spirit than in letters depending on circumstances..
Looking forward for a full time opportunity with British Council.Its an esteemed organization and provides an opportunity to grow professionaly.Interview screening is tough.
It was the great experience with ISA project been I have don in my school as per the school recommend me for the project as a Manager for the same.

I organized this project in my school

The titel of the project was

Indian national games v/s others mantion countries national games.
Learnt how to approach the target visitors, informed them about the different subscription schemes, time management and team work. At the same time assisted the seniors.
British council is very good organization I love to work with them if I further got a chance to work with. All projects run by BC is very needed and nicely planed.
A fast paced learning environment. The day routine was absolutely full of learning, organisation and new ideas. My colleagues were very helpful and help overcome challenges.
The job though is competitive its really fun to work where we can communicate with lot of people from different places and cultures.It is a friendly environment .we can get help from others if we are confused without hesitating
Great company, provides good training, good salary, employees are quite approachable with helping attitude, communication with the employees is also good.
Pros
Get a good environment to work
Cons
If you work for a project, you don't have a regular job.
I wish other in the technology had been as passionate about work as the MD himself, HR is good and helpful.
The management in the technology doesn't know technology and that is the biggest problem most of them should have been in HR or related fields.