Booking.com Employee Reviews

Great company , stressful job
Customer service agent (Current Employee) –  AmsterdamAugust 20, 2019
A great company with a lot of benefit, unfortunately the customer service it is one of the stressful position with a high percentage of burnout
It is great
Customer Service Executive (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 19, 2019
It is a great place to work. They take your family and your health into account. They are nice. You get free fruit and coffee. You get discounts on food and other drinks. I got really sick and quit so I didn't hold a job away from someone else. Otherwise I would still work there
worst company to work for , London office will be shut soon !
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  LondonAugust 19, 2019
Looks of that they are going to get ird of the office soon, the office is preforming really bad and the management team is so unprofessional , there is a huge discrimination in the office ,

Huge stress for the agents compared to the management team ,
New system applied to measure the performance of the agents which is not prefect and caused more stressed at work for the agents , no support towards the agents from the team leaders and no appreciations for the agents effort .

Looks like the management team is trying to get rid of as many agents as they can to downsize the office . There is no clear management vision in the office , make agents feel worthless

Salary is really low and bellow the average compared to the market for customer service agent roles .

There is no logic on spreading the shifts pattern between agents and language lines and fixing the same targets for all agents base on different shifts pattern is not working and not fair for agents ,

working on emails all day is not the same as working on phone all day !!!

Lot of resignations in short time from both top team management and and middle level as well as agents .

There is no discipline among the team leaders where they supposed to set an example for the agents .
Pros
60% extra for weeknds hours, free lunch ( small portion )
Cons
lack of support, huge stress, low slalary, targets and not set property
Very accurate information
Ticketing and Reservation Officer (Former Employee) –  AccraAugust 17, 2019
Very Productive and accurate source of information.

Able to look for new opportunities.

And always willing to help.

Seeking for cheaper fares all the time for customers.

Very cordial and friendly work atnosphere
Diverse Place to Work
Customer Service Executive (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 13, 2019
Booking.com is overall a pretty decent place to work. I loved working with a wide variety of people with cultural diversity. My overall opinion of Booking.com has gone down over the years as they sometimes place unrealistic expectations on the employees. The company started to focus on numbers so much that it was hard to have as much quality as one would want. Booking.com has great insurance benefits, which is part of the reason that I stayed as long as I did.
Great Coworkers but disorganized and constantly changing
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 8, 2019
I enjoyed those I worked with however this company has constant changes and things aren't as they may seem. You need to be comfortable with being yelled at by customers as well as managers having unrealistic expectations
Fun workplace,perfect to grow
CS Guest Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 6, 2019
For me it has been a grate experience, helping building confidence in my communication skills and my customer service approach. The environment is nice and fun.
Alot of room for improvement
Guest Specialist (CSE) (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAAugust 6, 2019
Nepotism, double standards, unethical behaviour from management, numerous complaints but all favoured managers protected from these. No room for any type of professional development, managers do all to keep them
Uncaring leadership
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 4, 2019
I went through a fire and lost everything, 3 days later they wanted me to return to work. They didn't attempt to help, and because I had not been there a year; I couldn't take advantage of their "benefits."
Great company!
Bilingual Customer Service Executive (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, USAAugust 3, 2019
It is great place to work, people are nice and great management team.
There is a lot of free fruit.
Bonus every quarter.
Gifts every Friday called fun Friday.
Food on thanksgiving, summer, Christmas time and family party.
Lovely atmosphere, different backgrounds and cultures.
HR team is very helpful.
Customer Care Executive (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 1, 2019
Cannot share - Upon request - Diversity - Different backgrounds No need to say anything.more. It is an enjoyable. Answer emails and apply procedures -
notice that the good reviews are very recently posted.
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 31, 2019
The beginning is generally good, the company tries very hard to have a very good culture, everybody is nice, and inclusive, they do not tolerate behavior that goes against those goals, which is good. What they don't tell you is that the pressure increases by the week, and you are subjected to horrible scrutiny of your calls, and how you did not sound empathetic, or if you missed any point of the script, which is hard to do with irate customers that often are calling because they have lost they money, because the hotels rather sell to walk ins paying full rates, or because the reservations they made can not be cancelled in most cases. The pressure is very hight to meet the impossible goals, which most of the time is out of your control due to the nature of the call, and the time it takes to solve the problem. At this point is evident that the benefits and the free coffee and fruit are an effort to appease workers, so they don't leave. The attrition rate is extremely high .Out of a class of about 40, there were about 5 of those people left at the end of the year.
Pros
Birthday celebrations. free coffee and fruit.
Cons
short breaks, people without any training or education beyond high school is promoted to supervisory roles, with bad results.
Partner Specialist
Customer Service Representative - Reservations (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 31, 2019
Very stressful work environment... Your colleagues and TLs very supportive. They promote you there is a lot of room to grow but it is not quite accurate...
CSM mentions that numbers are not important but it is VERY important. You are able to SWAP with different colleagues your schedule which is great to have more days off
Pros
Swaps, colleagues, and benefits
Cons
Long Hours, demanding and stressful
Na
Customer Service Executive (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 30, 2019
I have nothing to really say. The people I worked with were great but poor management and HR. Shifts are horrible and bonus is low. No room to advance unless you know somebody that knows somebody. Poor management.
Great work environment with opportunities for growth
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 29, 2019
The work environment is great. Results-oriented, clear KPI´s. Challenging but doable. People are cooperative and contribute to each other. There is always an opportunity for those that are really interested in developing a career in the company.
Flexible and reliable
Freelance translator (Former Employee) –  At homeJuly 27, 2019
I was a Freelancer. I cannot speak as an employee. Freelancers were managed by a specific department. Very flexible conditions. Regular QA and updates ensured quality along the stylistic guidelines. I was able to control my productivity inside the fixed reasonable deadlines. Tasks were supplied continuously. End of the month wordcounts allowed to countercheck before the automatic invoicing for subsequent payment which was quick and on time.
Great Culture Terrible Pay
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAJuly 24, 2019
You will work with some of the best people at Booking, but great personalities do not pay the bills. They like to taut themself as a "technology company" but they do not even pay close to one. The people are great but they trick you into thinking you cant find a culture like theirs... you can! Its a great company to have on your resume for 18month, but from there you can go and easily make 20K +more.
Good company, if you’re OK staying in the same role for years
CS Partner Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 24, 2019
Love the company but the advancement options are not great. They say that they like to promote from within which is true but they are very particular and people who are overly qualified typically do not get put into promotion type positions. The environment is very laid-back and casual and there are a lot of perks however you are managed quite closely. I’d say it’s a great job for you if you are OK with staying in the same role for the duration of your time there
fun workplace with cafeteria
Partner Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 22, 2019
workplace and diversity, great company, Work is call center, culture and very touristic environment,
The place is very good a lot parking lot and good.
Sales advisor
(Angleterre) - Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  ManchesterJuly 22, 2019
N'ayez pas de problème de santé.

Étant bipolaire et ayant fais beaucoup d'efforts sur moi même en me poussant au travail avec il faut dire une bonne ambiance, on me prolonge de trois mois.

Durant ces 3 mois, tous les jours en avance d'une 30aine de minutes malgré une absence sans concequence car sur-effectif et non payée.
Absence due à une dépression dans laquelle je me sent être moins performants avec mes clients (note moyenne des clients sur mon travail 4.6 sur 5 avec des mails de complimentation) ils étaient réellement satisfaient de mon travail et ne souhaitaient passer que par moi. je me vois malheureusement jeté hors de l'entreprise. (on va chch vos affaires, pas le droit de dire au revoir à l'équipe).

J'affichais de très bons résultats, toujours présents pour aider les nouveaux comme les anciens (ayant déjà travaillé pour rentalcars.com)

Ils privilégient de plus en plus la vente en délaissant le service client en pâtir.

Exemple un jour 2 agents au service client, 20 en vente. 28 appels en attente service clients et 20 agents qui se tournent le pousse en vente.
Pros
Salaire- équipe
Cons
La tournure que prend l'entreprise depuis la merge avec booking.com et rentalcars.com

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Booking.com. Our community is ready to answer.