Ameriprise Financial

Ameriprise Financial Employee Reviews

India112 reviews
Too much politics not for the one who wants to focus on tech. They do give good salary and bonus but money is not everything.I wouldn't recommend this company.
Individual development

Great leadership

Multiple opportunities

Great work environment

Great culture

Collaborative people

Encourage creativity
Every department has it own unique culture. So your career path will be different based on where you wish to work. Organisation as a whole is really good and provides a person with great learning experience.
NIce place to work.
We will feel the US culture.

Work life balance is amazing.

Rewards and recognition

Best cafeteria I have ever experienced

Best is class employee benefits
It is a amazing experience and journey I started here as a process Trainee got two promotions and now work as a senior Analyst. Lot of learning at every level. Great place to work.
I have joined and it was totally disaapointed me and there is always pressure on work. You never happy with your family and you have to ensure to work good manager. If not you will get frustrate and loose your patience. That Manager always assign the task and ask for deployment in next hour. Such a worst person ever seen. Don't work that manager and no chance to get recognized. Very worstand old technologies used
Cons
No work life balance, the manage which I worked is very worst
Always a positive atmosphere.
Getting equal chance to proof your worth.

There is always fun activity to keep the employees engaged.

Co-workers are very supportive
All well in the company expect for some small infrastructure issue which I think is done now with new office space.
It was good working there for sometime.
Grt place to start career ,salary office environment facilities every thing is perfectly fine ..also Annual Bonus is the best part to be at this company
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Ameriprise Financial?
Office environment is very welcome for all new joiners with full of good energy... multiple extra curricular activities with good participation. Participate annual party and all enjoyable activities performed all time... leaders aware very helpful and work location is very flexible annual pa
Great company to work with. Better work life balance, with great colleagues at workplace, fun activities at workplace , better pay and the usp is the bonus amount
- Not recommend for ethical professionals.

- Only flatterers survive and grow here.

- Not at all employee centric.

- Biased HR, only loyal to management.

- Extremely dirty politics.

- Employees feel harassed & exploited.

- No HR ethics. HR works against employees who raise concerns and acts as an ally and secret informer to Management.

- Bogus hierarchical structure, where Senior Managers & above, are mostly tyrants exploiting the "real workforce" through their Group Leaders & TLs.

- Their so called "GLs & TLs" are just "incapable bosses" without any functional knowledge or leadership skills, who act like brainless puppets of their Senior managers, just to be in their good books and to save their jobs.

- HR too is totally in control of Senior Management and never works for the employee rights.

- Worst HR ever. Puppet of the Management. Rules & policies are manipulated to harass and intimidate the employees as per the convenience of the Management.

- Management only has one explanation to every concern: "We have good bonus structure"

- Bonus is no better. Bonus is deferred to make it look big. Just a sham way to trick the employee into believing they are getting big amount.

- No transparency in performance rating structure. No value for skill and talent. Only preference is how much you can please and obey the orders from management, without asking questions.
For my technology work pressure is not that much so there is balance in work and personal life . But as its a financial company , there is quite a pressure in Finance deptt.
This company helps me to groom a lot and given me the exposure and opportunities which helps me to grow personally and professionally to compete in the Global market.
Job was satisfactory and management was good. All staff was helpful. A great experience got there. I want to get job again there but salary was not satisfied there.
If you are fresher its a great company to start with. They really help you grow and modify yourself into a corporate culture. Also employee engagement activities are fun.
Pros
Employee Engagement Activities
Cons
Long and overtime required
Had good share of my experience at AMPF. Good place to start your career or to climb the lader. Less stress and leaders are actually leaders except one. Rest you will learn great things at work there.
I was working at Ameriprise as a data analyst intern as it was my first job.Overall the company culture is good and the leaders at top level are
reachable and hear you but there are sometime work load and more expectations.overall a great company to work for.
supportive management, fixed timings, employee-friendly, job security, strong collaborative culture, HR is also employee-friendly, work-life balance, salary benefits, both side cabs
The company offers good salary package and benefits. Job stability could be one however its everywhere so we have work to make ourselves involved and be with the business.
I was happy but was not satisfied with the work. So, the reason was the profile or work which I was doing.
Finally, after switching over to The Blackstone COE group, everything seems to be bit more interesting.