American Express Employee Reviews

A place where they will extract work from you.
Business Development Executive (Former Employee) –  ChennaiJuly 19, 2018
The company is really a workaholic place nut you will learn on how to survive with it in a very short period of hime. I learnt how to tackle different types of customers. The management is well organised. The workplace is well groomed but the discipline can be improved. The hard part about the job is high expectations from the management. The enjoyable part is everyday we will have meeting about the review and waste half a day on it.
Pros
learning
Productive and fun workplace
Senior Customer Care Professional (Former Employee) –  Gurgaon, HaryanaJuly 18, 2018
It is the best company in terms of employee satisfaction. They always had assistance available on the floor. The work culture was pretty cool and all the managers are friendly and easy going.
One of the most employee centric organization with great working environment
Customer Relationship Executive and Lead Analyst (Former Employee) –  GurgaonJuly 18, 2018
Great Place to work with wonderful career opportunities for beginners and also wonderful working environment . Very supportive management with transparent growth structure.
Nice workplace. 100%work life balance, good culture, amazing management.
Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Gurgaon, HaryanaJuly 13, 2018
American express is indeed one of the best company to work with. Its my first company, I have learned a lot from here. Work that I do in my team has become monotonous so i need an change. Since i am that stage of my career where i can take risks as well as can do as much as possible that is why i want exposure in my life and want to try something interesting.
Good workplace
Analyst - Operations (Current Employee) –  Gurgaon, HaryanaJuly 9, 2018
Work culture is varying depending on what process you working for. Some processes have a good scope for growth while some are just a rat race. The leaders and management are something that is not very convincing always.
Pros
Cab provision
Cons
Odd work hours
Productive with Best Brand name
Senior Credit Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gurgaon (Delhi ) IndiaJuly 4, 2018
American Express India is one of the best places to work, which not only give you a rise in your career but also helps you to achieve your goals with the best of work atmosphere.It is a brand that you are working for.

Management is very helpful and friendly which gives you security of your job.
With everything well managed and controlled it wasn't very difficult to work but also gave you good learning aspects.

Our training sessions were very fun filled where we got to know our co-workers and learnt new process.

Over all my tenure in Amex was amazing and fruitful
Pros
Brand Name
Cons
Late Night Shifts
Its a pleasure to work for the company
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  mumbaiJuly 3, 2018
- Great opportunity to take initiative and provide value, employee were generally helpful.
- Interesting and very good place to work.
- Lot of learning.
Master Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  gurgaon, IndiaJuly 3, 2018
it was wonderful working with American Express. if I will ever get chance to work again, I will take that job. learned team work, learned customer point of view along with business needs.
American Express is place to once in your life time
ANALYST ( MISDQ) (Former Employee) –  Gurgaon, HaryanaJune 26, 2018
They care for there employees, as they do for there customers. Fridays very fun only that killed the lovely atmosphere was working on odd or graveyard shifts.
Pros
Good ambiance, Office setup was amazing, professionalism in work
Above average
Sr Credit specialist (Former Employee) –  NEW DELHI,INDIAJune 21, 2018
Everyday was full of challenges.And throughout my time with Amex I learned a lot many things from managing work pressure ,delivering positive and quality numbers,Team work,taking initiative,Optimum utilization of resources provided,participating in fun activities and a lot more..
The management is quite transparent and easy to approach also they continuously work for employee engagement program and help them in their personal development.
Workplace culture was superb,They have very friendly and enthusiastic environment.
The most difficult job was handling customer's escalations,getting them investigated thoroughly and providing timely solution.
What I like most about the job was I never felt not going to work ..there was something that always motivated me to get up and go to work.
Pros
Personal growth, Great Incentives
Cons
cant think of any
Productive and Fun place to work
Lead Business Analyst/ Assistant manager (Current Employee) –  Gurgaon, HaryanaJune 14, 2018
Great mentoring
Great Leadership
Great working environment
Great Culture and values
Project management
Data Analysis
Database Management
Build and Leverage Relationships
An amazing employee centric organisation
Lead Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  CAmpus GurgaonJune 13, 2018
I would refer this organisation to anyone as I have enjoyed working here for 6.5 years. The management is cool and understanding. They understand the work life balance and your growth aspirations.
Fun place and good work culture
Intern (Former Employee) –  Gurgaon, HaryanaJune 11, 2018
Collaborative work environment where the mentors were very supportive. As an intern, we had to get regular reviews from mentors and managers and they were guiding us so well. We were also given additional Android training workshop.
Pros
Amex card offers
Cons
No free lunch
Learning experience
Asst Relationship Manager - Sales (Former Employee) –  Gurgaon, HaryanaJune 11, 2018
i enjoyed working there i learnt good things in a manner that how to cope with pressure like situations and doing retail business was tough during my starting days but how my leader and my management helped me to achieve the success. Due to rigid policies it somehow became hard to expand the business in other areas within Delhi Ncr else everything was nice there.
Pros
Flexibility in timings and lunch hours
Cons
Rigid policies
Learning experience and working environment
Assistant Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Gurgaon, HaryanaJune 11, 2018
Overall it was a nice experience with a company like American express but somehow i was bound to explore more areas in sales as the product was only credit card and only to limited area and i wanted to explore more and as the working culture was great as the management was quite cooperating but due to some policies it became difficult to expand the business making it hardest part of the job but overall i enjoyed working there as for rejuvenation they use to organize employee engagement activities soit was fun working there as well.
Pros
flexibilty in timings and lunch hours
Cons
rigid policies in sales
Fun workplace with amazing live trainings
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Gurgaon,IndiaJune 11, 2018
It was a pleasure working with AMEX as its is a very employee friendly company. I was majorly doing the translations and interpretations from Japanese to English.
Excellent work place
BUSINESS DATA ANALYST- II (Former Employee) –  Gurgaon, HaryanaJune 6, 2018
AMEX has a very good work place and working environment is too good. During my job i learned teamwork, completing work before time with 100% accuracy. Amex has very good management of every thing wether its their cafetaria facilities or transport facilities. their tech support was also very good. The most hardest part of the job was also the most enjoyable part, completing every given task before deadline...
Pros
Transport facilities
Fun At Work
Master Disputes Analyst (Current Employee) –  Gurugram, HaryanaJune 1, 2018
American Express or as we call it Amex has an amazing work culture, you will find yourself entering those doors with all anticipation and never wanting to leave those doors again. Is an amazing experience to be a part of such an organisation.
Pros
Both side cabs, High incentives program, Employee Engagement Activities.
Cons
You may feel pressure on meeting your goals sometimes.
Financial Analysis Manager (Current Employee) –  IndiaMay 30, 2018
A great company to work for with one of the best work/life balance culture. Friendly management with focus on employee engagement and development. Trainings and skill development throughout the year.
Productive and fun loving place to be
Team Captain (Former Employee) –  Gurgaon, HaryanaMay 25, 2018
American Express has groomed me professionally as well as personally. This organization provides ample of opportunities to grow and all the managers are extremely supportive and nurture the potential talent. Being in this organisation for 4 years I have acquired a lot of skills like people management skills, multi tasking, being able to work under high pressure within deadlines.

The working environment is very professional maintaing a balance with employee engagement activities which was the most enjoyable part of the job.

American Express indeed is a best place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Express. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2