American Express Global Business Travel Employee Reviews

Long term Player
Project Manager - Implementations & Deployment (Former Employee) –  Gurgaon, HaryanaSeptember 5, 2018
Since GBT was a part of American Express, it has inculcated the same values and culture which makes GBT a great place to work.
My experience has been exemplary with Amex & GBT.
worked in amex india
Manager Service Delivery (Former Employee) –  HaryanaJune 25, 2018
Was an employee of India. I am looking for an opportunity to work in Amex USA. So far I have worked in India-Amex. If given an opportunity in Amex-US,I would love to work here again,
Productive and fun environment
Travel counselor (Former Employee) –  Bengaluru, KarnatakaMarch 14, 2018
Real a good place to work and good team to work. Very motivative leaders and supportive team. A wide area to learn how to be a professional travel consultant
All employee benefits have been withdrawn, lot of bias, favorism, no recognition, no growth, pathetic management
Lead Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Gurgaon, HaryanaMarch 4, 2018
I seriously don't want to work here, it's just I am dragging on until I find an alternate. I find myself being subdued, threatened that if u confront for something which is unjust happening , you will loose your job.
Pros
Salary on time
Cons
Pathetic management bringing bad name to Amex as a brand
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Gurgaon, INOctober 8, 2017
Awesome working atmosphere, such great management altogether best place to work with. AMEX Global Business Travel is a employee oriented company which listen to employee and help employees to do better for their personal and professional growth.
Excellent workplace
Lead Finance Officer (Current Employee) –  GurgaonAugust 21, 2017
It been two years and always new challenges whether process set up or whether LE Audit. Teams were great to work with. GST project was very good learning experience.
Amex is a excellent place to work, great working Environment
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, KarnatakaJune 10, 2017
Here, the timing is very flexible. And it's also a very good place to work in terms of sales prospective where the employees growth is very transparent. And in the same time the prospects are very highly profiled.
Pros
Nice place to work and great learning environment
Cons
Limited growth opportunities
This is the organisation where work life balance exist
Senior Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Gurgaon, HaryanaMay 23, 2017
This is one of the excellent organisation . Anyone can do work life balance . Everyone enjoy the work and management is nice to meet employees time to time.
Pros
nice cafeteria
American Express GBT
Regional Relationship Manager (APAC) (Current Employee) –  BangaloreMay 18, 2017
Very employee friendly organisation offer great flexibility in work atmosphere which helps employees to maintain work life balance. Competent work force helps employees to nurture and develop their skill sets.
Pros
Flexibility to Work from home
Its a good flat form for freshers and experience.
Travel Counselor (Former Employee) –  Hyderabad, TelanganaMay 9, 2017
In my previous employer I used handle only few countries. But here over all 60+ countries need to handle. Initially I have faced little problem, my colleague he helped me a lot in process wised and in hard situation. Overall its a good journey for me and enjoyed while working.
An average company to work for
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Gurgaon, HaryanaApril 19, 2017
You find it hard for the management to motivate you as an employee, you don't get paid equivalent to the amount of work you do for the company.

The workplace culture is good and not too stressing, a lot of events take place which take your mind off work sometimes and help release stress.
Pros
Working hours
Cons
Salary
Ok
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gurgaon, HaryanaApril 3, 2017
calendar management, travel bookings, meeting scheduling, planning events for the month, collecting and compiling data, preparing reports .

coordination with clients and vendors
It is a great place to work and the work culture and HR policies are very employee friendly
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Gurgaon, HaryanaMarch 19, 2017
It has been a great learning place for me and slowly and steadily I have been taught to graduate from one level to the other and the management is very transparent about employees career growth
nice place to work
Lead Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  New Delhi, DelhiMarch 7, 2017
Amex is always a shining brand and its always a fun to work with it.Work Culture and Policies are always encourage you to go for your maximum. overall a nice experience.
hardest part of the job
Lead Travel Counsellor (Current Employee) –  Mumbai, MaharashtraMarch 4, 2017
Our company is a brand name in the Travel industry so we need to work hard and ensure that it is secured

Travel Industry has its advantages and disadvantages like every other industry..with the competition growing demanding clients also grow..they are too unreasonable at times..

The bad part is that we have to carry on with a pinch of salt as we are on the servicing end of the world.Their tone and manners sometimes badly demotivates you and demoralizes you. Over the years I have learnt that this is a thankless job
Pros
No Pros
Cons
Sometimes long hours and a thankless attitude
Good company
Travel Counselor (Current Employee) –  Gurgaon, HaryanaJanuary 22, 2017
but very slow process of increments. Not that good benefits . Good for female employees,as very few engagments after office hours, as they have dedicated desk for that.

Less employee engagement activities.
Pros
Good systems
Mixed Bag
Account Management Representative (Current Employee) –  Gurgaon, HaryanaOctober 2, 2016
The work place and the culture of the company is developing as it is venturing away from the parent company American Express.
The typical day at work cannot be defined as each day is different , the learning in the role is very limited and with new and changing management the direction of the role moving forward is not very clear. However there is a good and a cheerful work environment.
Pros
option to work from home in emergency
Excellent
Process Manager (Current Employee) –  GurgaonSeptember 25, 2016
Good management good work culture excellent training techniques excellent senior mgt group they groom people in a good pace , all in all good experience to
Simple yet hectic workplace
Travel Counselor (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, KarnatakaSeptember 19, 2016
There is balance between the work and your personal life but with loads that hamper your schedules. It mostly requires additional effort and time to put in.
Pros
Access to mobile phones for emergencies
Cons
long hours and staffing issue
Productive and nice culture
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  MumbaiAugust 2, 2016
I am happy to be associated with Amex and very happy to be with this firm
Currently I am looking after corporate clients mid market and sell products like B2B , GFR ( goods for resale) and our own corporate cards
Have been able to get 3time quarterly award for selling the highest number of services
Looking to relocate to UK

Ask a question about working or interviewing at American Express Global Business Travel. Our community is ready to answer.