Aclara Technologies Employee Reviews

on a shedule fast paced
Meter Reader (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJanuary 12, 2019
It was a temporary job , managers were friendly in staten island but I felt I needed more training or if I needed something it took the managers like 2 hrs to come and bring me a new tablet . The managers were nice but I soon realized it was one manager would blame each other for things like if I had a issue matt would said "Jeff was supost to take care of the issue.
when job ended I was on unemployment ,than I was transferred to berlin n.j. that was horrible I was exstreamly upset very unconfortable the lady there was so nasty everyday saying very mean stuff I reported her I even called the company complaint line I could not do my job because being unconfortable than I got fired
Pros
broken materials
Cons
steady work
Amazing job
Installation Technician (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCDecember 28, 2018
Great management and awesome crew to work with
I love this job I get to travel to many new places and meet new people every day. and safety is a main priority for a successful job and I love it .

the company is more then willing to help provide you with the tools and equipment for your job and pay is great . Get in 40-50hrs a week and have a great incentive for installers.
I never knew I could wake up and wanna go to work
I've made a lot of friends with this company some have relocated to new projects and I miss them dearly

I plan to make a career out of this job and wanna retire from it one day .
Pros
Paid for holidays and great management and crew is awesome teamwork is phenomenal
Cons
I need new tablet lol jk no cons about this job
I love this job.
Meter Installer (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCDecember 28, 2018
Our manager is amazing. He goes out of his way for us. The crew I work with helps each other, all it takes is a text or a phone call and someone is on there way. We recently lost some crew members that were relocating. We all miss them tremendously. You end up with great friends and I didn't expect that when I started this job. As a female I have never had a complaint about any of my coworkers. We get to travel and work in different places I absolutely love it.
Pros
An hour for lunch, coworkers, gas cards and company trucks.
Cons
I would love a new tablet. 😍
Assembler
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Somersworth, NHNovember 30, 2018
WOrk in a production line assembling meters. Work well with others and great at team work. Hardworking and fast learner . I take every job that i am asked to do seriously
Interesting field of work.
Field Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Solon, OHNovember 27, 2018
Very time consuming position. A lot of freedom. You have to be self motivated because you are managing your time without a a lot of supervision. Extensive traveling and working in various weather conditions.
Contract company
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 22, 2018
Working with this company I saw many times where the voices of frustrated fellow co-workers were not listened to, this seemed to lead to many people leaving or not feeling motivated to show up to work.
Pros
get to work on your own
Cons
things seemed unethical, work that was done was not paid for, paychecks have been held unless we met production
Awful.
Meter Installer (Former Employee) –  Staten IslandOctober 18, 2018
I can't even begin to describe what a toxic work environment this is. They made installers that worked here less then a month quality auditors and supervisors. They abuse their position and do whatever they can to put themselves above you. If your ok with getting made fun of and abused verbally and mentally then this is the place for you. If you're ok with being told what to do by supervisors and quality auditors that don't know anything about what your installing and what you do.then this is the job for you. If you get injured or have heat stroke on the job prepare yourself to be made fun of in front of everyone. They speak about safety in the morning but it's a complete joke. They went through probably 3 different safety directors in 3 months. You're told to do things that you have never been trained on before and if you bring that to their attention then prepare for the comments and laughter from the supervisor's. You're constantly told to do things that are far from your job description and training sometimes borderline illegal. No matter how good of an installer you are be ready for the constant phone calls all day and the harrasment about the NUMBER or meters installed. If your van isn't registered well good luck getting a new one. If you're sick and miss a day well be prepared to come back to missing tools, missing tablet and your van destroyed from top to bottom. When you explain your issues to the supervisors they respond "you shouldn't have been sick and missed a day".
Cons
hours and pay were good getting laid off ,and being relocated disliked
Meter Installer (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYOctober 17, 2018
I loved working The managers were nice but, alot of aquitment was broken and it was the companies fault. we waited around so long if we had to get a new tablet .
Pros
friendly crew
Cons
when they say they will reinbrust u money they dont
Aclara was a great opportunity
Meter Installer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 5, 2018
I really enjoyed working for Aclara, and my managers were really great. They were reasonable and fairly understanding.
The work was great and enjoyable. Pacific Power was building a smart grid, and the installation of smart electric meters was the last part of their smart grid.
The day would begin with a morning safety meeting. These meetings were to discuss safety hazards, production goals for the week.
After the meeting I loaded up my inventory of smart meters into our company vans that Aclara provided. Then we drove to the area according to our handheld workflow.
I would have to knock on the customers door, to give them a moment to shut off computers and be prepared to loose power for a moment while I install the new meter.
The job was outside in all weather, and because Oregon can rain for nine months straight, we didn't typically stop for adverse weather.
Pros
Great Pay, Great people to work with.
Cons
Had to work away from home, and the contract was only going to last a couple years
Horrible place to work for. Project manager is a racist and show favoritism on routes
Head Trainer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 15, 2018
Project manager is racist. If you ain't black you will not succeed with them, managers are a joke. You argue amongst themselves on who's in charge. You are yelled at when you dont hit numbers, job is a joke for low pay avoid at all cost
Pros
Your own vehicle for the day
Cons
Everything else
Great Company that was bought out so everyone got laid off
Manufacturing Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHSeptember 10, 2018
Great Company - We got bought out and it went downhill fast - I understand they are on the mend now under good decent management. Great company for support and mentor-ship. Great Teamwork environment.
Not a bad place to work
Database Administrator (Current Employee) –  Solon, OHAugust 21, 2018
Nice location. Comfortable. Needs a makeover. Management is Cheep and won't spend Money on the lower 80% of us. Could really use a reorganization.
Pros
relaxed
Cons
Is past do for a reorganization.
Great place to work if you are willing to relocate
Utility Field Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 6, 2018
Aclara has been a remarkable company to be employed with with good compensation and as a field supervisor, you are assigned a vehicle that, if you choose to, you may drive home and to work with.
Pros
great work enviroment
Cons
none from my point of view
You get out what you put in
Assistant Project Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 4, 2018
The management team is extraordinarily helpful providing mentoring, education and aid when asked. On-boarding is daunting, if you've never been a career in the elecrical field. On-boarding documents are in excess of 100 pages of reading material and up to 6 months of video education, not including the hands on education provided. This job, similair to life - you get out of it, what you put into it. If you expect to get by on what you've done yesterday, you will not be successful today.
Pros
Good pay, great benefits
Cons
Project work
Stressful and fast paced
Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 19, 2018
Friendly work environment and good people
Alcara is a fast-paced work environment, always looking to improve themselves
Competitive salary, relaxed work environment
Arbitrary punishment and reward
Meter Installer (Former Employee) –  Shelby, NCJune 18, 2018
The job itself is relatively easy remove old meter put new meter in .It's the toxic culture of the company that makes it an extremely difficult place to work. Pay is based on nothing more than favoritism and punishments are dolled out in the same manner . If you are not planning on traveling with this company you will have zero future with it. If you need a temporary fill in job and absolutely nothing else is hiring go for it . Usual day consists of a meeting where the supervisors pay lip service to safety but in reality are telling you do whatever to get the job done just done just don't get caught otherwise you will be thrown under the bus. Quotas are pulled out of thin air and nothing is taken into account such as driving times to the destinations . I was told by a supervisor that I should work through my lunch hour which is unpaid . My advice look elsewhere for a better job .
Pros
paypay
Cons
heat rain dogs irate customers incompetent management
It’s a dangerous job if your into playing with live voltage
Meter Installer (Former Employee) –  Shelby, NCMay 30, 2018
When I was working there it was long hrs cause I was doing what I was told you start at 7 am with a meeting that last about 40 minutes long if you get there early like I did you load up your truck and after meeting you leave last meter originally was 4 pm and about time you got back to shop unloaded your truck and punched out it was 6:30 pm and then you worked till 4 pm which was the same routine but they changed again last meter is 3 but still have to drive back an hr so after all is said about 5 pm you where home
Pros
My manager, coworkers, pay
Cons
No protection even for the females
just a laborer
electric meter installer (Current Employee) –  OregonMay 20, 2018
they just need bodies to install meters, don't care about anything else. lots of traveling and no per diem. you must pay for everything out of pocket.
good place
Meter Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 8, 2018
Good place to work if you like to travel. It was a fun and changing job if I did have to travel I would still be there. Management was great to work with.
Pros
management
Cons
pay
Uttermost Trash Job Around
Meter Installer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 5, 2018
Some of the supervisors are complete trash and should not have even been given that position. For the low pay, the responsibilities does not add up to the seriousness that this job takes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aclara Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.