Aclara Technologies Employee Reviews

Busy trying to make product comply with requirements
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 16, 2019
It appeared when I started there that there were design people that really didn't understand how injection molded parts needed to be designed. This translated to sinks and voids. It necessitated redesign of several parts and requalification of the Assembly processed and IP67 validation.

There was also a misapplication of some adhesives that were being used to assemble the product. Once these issues were fixed the product performed as intended and the company was grateful for the work performed.

Overall I enjoyed my time at Aclara.
Pros
very willing to listen and modify validation techniques.
Cons
cube farm sometimes hard to focus
Average
Proposal Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 13, 2019
Average corporate environment. Emphasis on trying to change and become more employee focused. Excellent facility and location in St. Louis with global reach.
Safe Productive Competent Can do Reliable workplace . EOE , BGF.........
Utility Worker/Gas-Electric (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, NY 10550.September 11, 2019
Quick pace SAFETY minded and Alertness are Key at Aclara.
How to Work with Confidence in the Utility Trade. Maintaining an awareness of the training ACLARA SGS has provided me this. ....
Pros
Challenges of the Work day. ....
Cons
Sometimes (Regulations safty Gear) can be uncomfortable and awkward.
Good people
CUSTOMER DBA/SECONDARY SOFTWARE SUPPORT ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOSeptember 3, 2019
Busy place to work. Good people. Could manage things a bit better. Enjoyed working in the call center supporting rural electrical coops around the country.
After doing background check & drug test, you still not guaranteed the job
Field technician (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 5, 2019
You will be tested on your first day on training on how to read the meter. IF YOU DO NOT PASS THE TEST, YOU WILL NOT BE WORKING FOR THEM! so do not quit your day job.
Also, the position is NOT PERMANENT. Once Aclara's contract is up, they will move to another state, so you will be unemployed!!! 😡
Good job
METER INSTALLER (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MO 63146July 15, 2019
Great job, great people, management very professional. Learned a lot, Good pay great benefits for tens I have nothing else to say thank you very much for your time, it’s been a great place to work at
Assembly
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Somersworth, NHJuly 8, 2019
Fast paced and easy to learn. You work with different people in different areas. Pretty simple work environment with extremely strict safety precautions.
Management and Company in Freefall
Sales Director (Current Employee) –  RemoteJuly 8, 2019
They have decimated the sales compensation program. People are leaving like rats off of a sinking ship. Management the last few years was focused on building something to sell from VC to another company. Now that that has been done, there's no strong vision. The company is behind its competition and that shows in its lack of results. They demand more from fewer people and do not care about the people that are left.
Field Supervisor - USA (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 2, 2019
Excellent work-life balance. Good benefits and work environment. I enjoyed working for this company and if needed will go back in the future. Projects are a little unorganized.
I was hired just to say that they hired someone.
Validation Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Somersworth, NHJuly 1, 2019
The job itself was interesting, There was no formal training. The people were awesome. I don't think management knew what they were doing. A lot of waiting for parts.
Pros
good pay
Cons
dead end job
Fast Paced and required Self Discipline
Field laborer/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 1, 2019
I would have preferred a full time permanent position instead of a contract position. The company relocated or I would have still been there. I was unable to relocate with them.
If you love old technology and awful management
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOJune 12, 2019
You are expected to know everything. Management may give you a few names of people to talk to for "guidance", however they will just point you to others who will point you to others, who will point you to others, who will .... etc. No one is helpful and no one is ever doing anything, yet still to busy to answer any question. "Flex schedule", sounds good right? Yup, instead their meaning of flex is that you have to be in at the same time every day without ever being early or late... Even being early will get you written up. Be prepared to have all the pressure from management for deadlines, but as soon as any questions get ask for guidance, no response. Unless you are older and already hate your life you probably will not fit in. You will be shunned. Go weeks without anyone saying anything to you. That will be your life. Sounds fun right? No, seriously, do not work here.
Relaxed but competitive work
Electric Meter Installer (Former Employee) –  Shelby, NCJune 10, 2019
Company is bad about not paying bonuses. Managers tend to lie sometimes, but that's in every workplace. Wouldn't mind working here again though experience was good.
I wouldn't recommend
electric meter installer (Current Employee) –  No thank youMay 29, 2019
There's no pay raises, they tell you once you hit over a certain amount you get paid per meter but really taxes eat it up so it's pointless.you have to kiss butt to get put in a good spot to even be able to get close to your goal, manager only cares about his quota, when he himself couldn't do the job he's asking us to do. Miserable place to work. It's not worth the pay honestly. Then they move around and expect you to drive your own vehicle to and from their sites that could be a couple hours away. It's just terrible. Only one good manager at the project I'm on now. And I'm currently looking for a different job, we lost over half of our workers within the first two months , that's how bad it is Have you work 10 hour days with only a 30 min lunch.
Cons
If you're married makes a very difficult
Electrical Meter installer (Former Employee) –  Albany, ORMay 28, 2019
If your married or have children it makes it rather difficult because you are on the road you can be home every weekend if you don't mind traveling but after a year on the road put a lot of stress on the family life so at that point in time I decided it was time for me to part ways with Aclara technologies.
Pros
Good pay in benefits
Cons
Is constantly on the road switching areas
Aclara is a Great Place to work.
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 20, 2019
A typical day at work, Starts with making sure there are peppermints for the employee's and guest, Making sure lobby television is programmed correctly and checking any badges that where out from the day before and now have been returned, The Culture in the workplace is diverse and the people are seemingly nice. The hardest part about the job was when people called in not knowing who they wanted to speak to or what department they wanted.The most enjoyable part was the relaxed environment.
Pros
Full Time Emplolyment
Cons
Temporarily Position
Independent work
Electric Meter Installer (Current Employee) –  OregonMay 3, 2019
This was honestly a great company. I hopped from town to down spending 2-3 months at each on average, so theres little time to be spent with family, just on the weekends when your off. But if your single and like to travel then this is perfect. Got the opportunity to explore all over Oregon, make great money, culture was great so made lots of friends
Pros
Pay, independence, travle.
Cons
Little home life.
Poor management
Meter Installer (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, NYMay 2, 2019
Lack of discipline and customer service. Is more about the numbers then the quality. There’s nothing else to say since is a company that has to show numbers
Pros
The salary
Cons
Everything else
Aclara Huntsville
Meter Installer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 29, 2019
Project manager is selfish only looks out for his self and company. If he can minimize hrs and incentives he gets bonus. Never takes care of crew. No pay raises, no advancement. Most of Aclara gets paid all rain days, the pm in Huntsville does not pay for the first rain day, but after the first 8hrs of rain day. The company is unorganized and doesn't know what their doing. They hire anyone out of desperation. The people in place of management lack knowledge or professionalism. I will not recommend that's just being honest.
Pros
Terrible
Cons
Awful
N:a
Water Meter Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 15, 2019
Great job , contract work in order to stay with company you had to be able to relocate , I was not willing to relocate . Manager and co workers we’re great , learned a lot of things at company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aclara Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.