Abbott Laboratories
Coronavirus update
Information from Abbott Laboratories:

Abbott Laboratories Employee Reviews in Kolkata, West Bengal

Kolkata, West Bengal23 reviews
Work life balance is impossible to maintain here. Extensive pressure to sales team but training is very much influensive in career for future opportunities. Managers and HR is so strong for performers but increment process is not so smooth here to get.
For 1st job only. It is although a very employee friendly but few grey areass can hold your progress. Sometimes they will give you irrational assignments which have no practical implications for the growth of the company.
Good Environment to learn and good processes are in place the only draw back is No time for family if you are in managerial role, incentives are there but on lower side. Acknowledgement of good work is rare and job pressure is huge,management is cumbersome.
Pros
Good process and system
Cons
Too many people make the process clumsy.
# All cross functional work load in to ZSM role ,diverting major focus of expected outcome from a ZSM.
# Cross functional work culture & Multitasking.

# Enjoyed work with management.

# Multitasking diverse actual result orientation.

# Every thing policy bound ignoring ground reality.

# All event such as Connect & International trip.

# Value for money & life not matches in work load given to individual.
It is more of a boos driven culture. The boss is the deciding factor. He can make or brake you. But on the other hand this is not a good sign for a organisation, the meritocracy should prevail
Pros
Its ok. The partying
Cons
The organisation is good. The benefits they pay is good. The work life balance is good. The management is ok. The organisational hiararchy is maintained well.
Pros
The variable component
Cons
Too much of paper work
Abbott was a very good learning experience for me.
It was very challenging to work in the OTC segment . I left the job because I was in FMCG category and asked to do the doctor visit which was not matched with my skills
Pros
Very good pay master
Cons
work life balance
Abbott is a global healthcare company which is present over 125 years in India, has diversified sales & marketing team with strong presence in all therapy area dealing with community health.
It is a great company to work and develop oneself.I have been given oppertunity to learn and develop myself well in a very competitive environment.
I developed a good flair for training also.
Pros
Good growth
Cons
High competition
Although Abbott is a very big company but its work culture is very bad , it may vary from division to division but in my division its the worst I had ever worked in MNC'S
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
No timings
Alere Inc is a good place to work. there are a great balance in job and Life. Benefits are there and a good work culture. Top management is not so good but colleagues are very helpful and like to support each other to get a job done.
Pros
Available all benefits including family
Cons
Management not so good
A best place to work for and to learn and develop skill and knowledge, process, discipline and overall to develop ownership.bigger opportunity to child career with 3 years of time.
If you want to learn systems and processes then this is the ideal organisation. A lot of zonal power is vested on to the zbm. Good place to be into but there were certain issues related to immediate managers and top management
It was a great experience and I will remember always...I learnt a lot of things..gathered many information.. Met many kind of patients and counsel them..it was really a good experience.. Left that job as the location was very far from my house..
A typical day is when there is no actual atmosphere for work and make a decision clear.

I have learned how to work under pressure, making the negative possibilities into affirmative, finishing a tough task easily and smoothly.

Management is very supportive and friendly.

Co-workers are very supportive. Their advises are very useful.

They are very frank.

The hardest part of my job is when closing comes at month end.

I learn some new lessons everyday during my working. It gives me enjoyment and make my work easy.
Typical day work
Visit doctors

Stockist visit

Culture not so good

Managers are not so good

No security

Less leave

More than 10 hours working
It was absolutely an professional environment. Goal setting and achieving the same was real helpful to learn lot of things. High objective setting and high achievement was the yardstick of measuring people performance. A challenging environment was always there which helped an individual to be more competent to handle any complex situation more successfully.
Pros
Yeanding gala meeting and recognition time to time as well as salary.
Cons
Family life was compromised to some extent
Tough field and market work. good scope of learning of General Trade and Modern Trade. Supportive Management. Prestigious job with good career growth.
Good organization to work with lots of facilities for the employees. Salary is good as per industry. will get lots opportunities to learn and explore new things. Award & recognition and International trip for best performer employee with his/her spouse.
Pros
Good salary, Healthy Work Environment, Friendly Colleagues
Cons
Long hours, hike is less
I starts off with visiting to the stock point and guiding AECs for the days work.Then Goes to market to drive sales after that comes back in the evening and checks out of what all sales has happened and other things.Keep records and prepares for the next.
Learned about handing and managing workforce. Sales tactics.

Co workers are good.

Hardest part of the job is time management.

People are the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Flexibility.
Cons
Work life presure.
I Am Attached With The Job of Medico Sales And Marketting. Where In One Side I Always Have To Be Updated About Marketting Scenarios, I Have To Know My Products,My Competitor Also, & On Other Sides Achieve My Target Month After Month.
I was learnt From The Management Why Availability Is A Major Concern For Any Brand To Make It Big.

Hardest Part Of Our Job Is To Convert A Doctor Prescribing Brand Into OTX Brand.

Most Enjoyable Part Is To See These OTX Component Is Converting Into OTC Component As Soon As Possible.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Abbott Laboratories. Our community is ready to answer.
1,990